NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Traders Agency-Josh Martinez

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cskafan123 with 9 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two sharmas with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 faithdefender with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TraderGee with 3 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two TraderGee with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cskafan123 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 18,810 views
    2. thumb_up 21 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 23 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Traders Agency-Josh Martinez

cskafan123 
Chicago

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: furures
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 14

sharmas View Post
My input the tunnel is nothing more than VWAP
Use Fattails VWAP Change the setting to 2,3,5 and it perfectly matches from memory

Sharmas

Hi Sharmas,

Thanks for the tip! Any recommendation on a vendor for the VWAP indicator? I see there is a Fat tail VWAP from Lizard Indicators. Wonder if that is the one you are talking about that we can modify the settings.

Thanks.

cskafan123

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 sharmas 
Auckland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

Here you go

I haven't traded this but i love to reverse engineer system

Also most of what Vendors are using is taken from Futures.io and they just modify it.

Fattails has given so much here and use his indicators and you will be fine.

Sharmas

cskafan123 View Post
Hi Sharmas,

Thanks for the tip! Any recommendation on a vendor for the VWAP indicator? I see there is a Fat tail VWAP from Lizard Indicators. Wonder if that is the one you are talking about that we can modify the settings.

Thanks.

cskafan123

ES 12-20 (5 Minute) 2020_10_18 (5_42_08 PM)

indicators

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

cskafan123 View Post
Hi Sharmas,

Thanks.

cskafan123

sharmas View Post
Here you go

Also most of what Vendors are using is taken from Futures.io and they just modify it.

Sharmas

@cskafan123, you can download Fat Tails' amaCurrentDayVWAP, which is what @sharmas showed you, for free in the FIO Downloads section:

If you find a vendor who is telling you that their super indicator will make all the difference in your trading, the best idea usually is to go somewhere else.

If you are interested in ideas to use VWAP in your trading that are actually useful, you will find many traders posting here who use it. There is a currently active thread on the subject here, in fact (especially some of the more recent posts by @JonnyBoy):

There are other threads that can be helpful as well. Just typing "vwap" in the Search box will show a great many.

Vendors may provide products and services of value, but a certain skepticism is generally wise, and the more they promise and cost, the wiser it becomes.

Just saying....

And good luck with your trading.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:
 cskafan123 
Chicago

sharmas View Post
Here you go

Sharmas

ES 12-20 (5 Minute) 2020_10_18 (5_42_08 PM)

indicators

Hi Sharmas,
Sorry for the late reply. This is great. I found it in the download section and it is very similar to what I have been using. Appreciate the help!

cskafan123 
Chicago

bobwest View Post
@cskafan123, you can download Fat Tails' amaCurrentDayVWAP, which is what @sharmas showed you, for free in the FIO Downloads section:

If you find a vendor who is telling you that their super indicator will make all the difference in your trading, the best idea usually is to go somewhere else.

Vendors may provide products and services of value, but a certain skepticism is generally wise, and the more they promise and cost, the wiser it becomes.

Just saying....

And good luck with your trading.

Bob.

Hi Bob. Sorry for the late reply. You are spot on Sir. Most vendors that I have dealt with rely on people paying for a developed strategy based on a particular indicator or simply provide education. Luckily the vendor that I had used has fantastic customer support and was able to refund me my money. I have to say thought that the strategy that is based on VWAP had around 60% of winning rate when I back tested it. Unfortunately I never saw that result in live trading,but that could be just me.

Thanked by:
 SidewalkAerobics 
Los Angels

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiChart
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 173
Thanks Received: 71

cskafan123 View Post
Hi TraderGee-
Thanks for sharing your method. I like to think that scalping is my favorite method, although I use way too much emotions when I scalp. I am mostly guessing where the price will go and that is simply because I don't quite understand the Price action. I'm giving the Tunnel Trader a second chance. I've always searched for a strategy that can perform on its own (ideally) and around the clock. Back testing the TT I get profitable trades of more than 62% ( tested all the way back to October 2019) with an average profit factor of 1.30. Ii it ideal? Nope but if there's a strategy out there that can generate better numbers without me being in front of the PC all day I'd jump on right away.

Cheers

Hi TradeGee

Are you taking out broker fees and slippage before calculating the 62% positive and PF of 1.3?

cskafan123 
Chicago

Yes, brokerage fees and slippage was selected when I ran the strategy analyslzer.
SidewalkAerobics View Post
Hi TradeGee

Are you taking out broker fees and slippage before calculating the 62% positive and PF of 1.3?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

sharmas 
Auckland

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

cskafan123 View Post
Hi Sharmas,

Thanks.

cskafan123

Hi Buddy
Apology for not replying earlier.

I use the better version and have found it to be a great indicator
https://www.lizardindicators.com/premiumindicators/vwap-indicator/

Sharmas

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 travelbrit 
Nantwich Cheshire, UK

Platform: NT8, TView,MT4
Trading: Daytrade Futures, Swing Stocks, crypto and forex
Thanks Given: 36
Thanks Received: 10

cskafan123 View Post
Hi Sharmas,
Sorry for the late reply. This is great. I found it in the download section and it is very similar to what I have been using. Appreciate the help!

Thanks for sharing the info and settings. Just need to back test it.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

faithdefender 
Salem VA USA

Platform: Oanda, NT8, TradingView
Broker: Oanda, TorS
Trading: Stocks, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 128
Thanks Received: 117

Having just seen this thread, I wanted to share my experience with Tunnel Trader.

I purchased the indicator. I liked the concept because it has a stop and a target. At least in theory.

However, it is nothing more than an existing indicator with some additions. And it has not done well for me. Stopped out many times.

The kicker in the butt is I already owned it. If you have a Ninja Trader 8 license, you get the very same indicator under Order Flow VWAP. Being ignorant of so many things, I jumped into a thousand-dollar indicator before knowing. Too bad I didn't read the futures.io reviews? As they say, " Im so bright my father calls me son."

Here I had the indicator on my NT8 and didn't even know it.

Nevertheless, when you place the Tunnel Trader on the chart at the same time as the VWAP you can't tell the difference except for the colors.

I like Josh, and I don't mind paying what is fair for an indicator that has creativity. But I don't see the creativity. I was really disappointed with this one.

I was also looking at the Destination Trader because it also provides targets, but will it really help me? If anyone knows anything about the DT, please let me know. Especially if it is already on my platform.
Thank you

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 4, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts