NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any good Futures Trading Rooms?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mendal with 18 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two Joseph Connors with 13 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 faithdefender with 13 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lightsun47 with 11 posts (19 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one algotrendz with 4.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two tony2604 with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 lightsun47 with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 53,481 views
    2. thumb_up 233 thanks given
    3. group 808 followers
    1. forum 151 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Any good Futures Trading Rooms?

noushina 
lansing, michigan

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT5, NT8
Broker: AMP, CQG
Trading: MES, MYM, MNQ, M2K
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 27

Looks like everybody ran out of steam.
I have paid on and off for Al Brooks. Think I am done with paying the fee, or buying old month recordings.

I listen to Trader Tom sometimes, and sometimes trade along with him.
He plays for BO scalps; and so trading ranges tend to F him up.
Over all he clearly kicks my butt, and I don't plan to look at any other trading rooms beyond his.
Well, I might check out the free NT8 analysis again - but it just seemed like so much after the fact analysis to me when I did check it out.

Summary comments
Free Trader Tom: free, live trades
scalping Footsie and Dax for about an hour or 90 minutes on London open.
Then Dow and Nasdaq for 60 or 90 min on US open
Often jumps on the first bar or two
Looks at support resistance, bar closing above or below previous BAR high or low, and filling gaps or looking at gaps as S/R
He briefly explains some of his trades with a chart and a few words
Cusses people out for stupid questions that they could answer themselves - but with at least 2000 people live when he is trading you know that is going to happen.
He refers people to Al Brooks, and shows where free Al Brooks stuff is easily found.

Al Brooks: $100/month live analysis, but no live trades spoken about; $50 for to buy previous months
I think SEC has requirements that Al Brooks does not want to deal with if calling out live trades while charging a fee.
9 or 930 to noon, with some trading and analysis by Brad in the late afternoon
There are no live trades being called, but are often implied i.e. "if bar closes here it will probably continue" " if this bar closes on or near its high then ..."
Rose does 80% of the shows, and never stops talking, it seems like. Very distracting.
Al does about 4 shows per month now. Tom did a couple but I think doesn't like all the people complaining that he is not following Al's teachings.
Both Al and Rose will tell you many of the trades they took, and WHY, either during the next bar, or end of session.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors

tradergino 
Chicago, IL

Platform: Tradingview
Broker: AMP Futures
Trading: NQ
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 40

I don't follow/copy anybody, but have been listening to Tom on his Telegram channel. He trades CFD's, so you have to adjust for that. In Trading View, you can bring up CFD's for S & P, Nasdaq, etc. He trades size, Has little patience for stupid questions or people blaming him for losing money (that's childish). Not a fan of Telegram. Tom experimented with Go To Meeting yesterday and that was a disaster (not Tom's fault). He's going to try Youtube which I favor. He also has some good video's on Youtube.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

Not sure what you are looking for but Topstep has a free trading Discord. You don't need to be a member of the program to join it and we are always open to having future traders with us. This is not a "shot-call" room or selling indicators or anything. Just traders chatting about the markets.

Thanked by:
 Bob M 
Newport Beach

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Take a look at Tradingresearchgroup.com Most educational group I've found, in 15+ years.
Take their two-part on-line course (several days to a week) and it will either register for you or it won't. Either way you'll learn something.

Thanked by:

RossMurray 
Ottawa Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: nt8,tws
Broker: Interactive Brokers, CME EQUOTES
Trading: YM,ES
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 112
Thanks Received: 45

Every Morning Ninjatrader hosts "the opening range" The look at the Futures market

https://ninjatrader.com/events/

Free to log on and chat

Regards

Ross Murray

Thanked by:
 shagadelic 
Leoben

Platform: NT8 & MT4
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 1

So, the sad reality is:

There isn´t a single proven profitable room out there, beside Tom Hougaard.

jmcli 
France

Platform: SierraChart / Denali Feed
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: ES NQ DAX CL
Thanks Given: 150
Thanks Received: 13

You could check:
https://lindaraschke.net/damonkyletrade/ : interesting, all US session + special webinar with Linda
Axia Futures livestremaing : https://axiafutures.com/live-streaming/ - serious prop trading firm

Free access :
Make Hoag money on Topstep Youtube channel (and zoomm)
The Trading pit : once a week live session (90 minutes) in english with Paris Orfanidis (serious futures trader, check his interviews on the channel )

Thanked by:

faithdefender 
Salem VA USA

Platform: Oanda, NT8, TradingView
Broker: Oanda, TorS
Trading: Stocks, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 117

algotrendz View Post
I commented about this in another post but have traded for 25+ years I cringe when I see these rooms. Most guys talk a good game and use all the right talking points like let winners run, stops etc. etc. but what is taught in the course rarely works, and the trader less so.

The bottom line, is that a trader will lose money short term. That is a must in long-term success but unless a trading room has a positive track record or a backtesting result, that is a foundation for feeling optimistic about future results, it is of no use.

I ran a trading room in 2007-12 and had traders in-house and remote traders around the world. The group did a significant volume of SPY trading based on ES trading systems. I trained guys and mentored and even though they had a proven path to profitability, I was amazed at how many guys failed. There were several reasons why traders failed but the major issue was that traders were so afraid of losing money that they ended up making mistake after mistake and even with proper coaching, they could not shake it. The traders that did have success were able to adapt and merge their views with the trading systems we ran.

6 years I started creating a site that would show live emini S&P trading systems so that traders could piggyback and develop their own system with the systems. I ended up getting sidetracked and building a few houses on an estate area in a wine country near Toronto so it never off the ground. I am now in year 6 of a 2 year project but may resurrect because there seems to be no fix to this issue.

Bottom Line - How well does the strategy work - Backtested data, live track record - if this does not exist then why join because how do you know what they tell you even works

I appreciate some of what you said. And I have experienced failing so much that I had been reluctant at times. (I have gotten over that)

I would LOVE to find a strategy that has a high success rate. But, in my case, the most recent strategy/Trading Room was sold to me by JFR and CB Trading. The SLAP trade cannot be learned in a month and he wants you to pay for his room to learn the strategy. But at the same time he says it is easy. So a 500 dollar strategy turns out to be 500 PLUS a monthly fee for the trading room.

In your hands on experience, would you have any strategies that have a high percentage of success?

Joseph Connors 
Colorado Springs, CO USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrade
Frequency: Many times daily
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 106

What is the chop system that you detail in the image?

algotrendz View Post
I see a major issue with what you looking for. There are no high success rate strategies, at least none that will continue to work over time. The fact is that failure is the key to success in trading. You need to be able to take a loss on the correct terms. All good traders have losses. IT IS A NECESSARY EVIL. I can't stress this enough. Perfection in trading / trading systems is a myth. I know this because over the years have developed several top futures systems at futures truth including Trend Model Sys, the top Emini trading system for many years on futures truth. 51% success rate. When I see success rates above 70% I dont even look further because I don't believe them.

I used to tell traders that mediocracy is easily repeatable but perfection never. The type of trading you follow dictates your success rate. Trend-following systems are 35-40% successful and rely on trader faith over time. Chop systems tend to be 60-65% successful but failure to be disciplined will result in large losses.

The basic rule of trading is : Profit is a function of skill and opportunity. The more skilled the less trading is required while low skill takes more trades to reach profit. Most traders should be less skilled (because they can repeat) and look to the math of many trades to reach a daily goal.

I posted a picture of a trading system. It is a short-term chop (swing) system that generated a decent amount of profit from many trades during a one day period. The system was only 63% successful over this period but the losses were small so the net over time was good. This type of trading (system) is a funded trader (like top step ) process where the trader needs to keep losses low and consistent.

one other point is that most traders can increase the skill portion of the profit equation with simple steps like price trend filtering. The second chart I posted shows short trades. I posted this earlier today in another post it but fits here too. The fact is that the system shown works better when the trend is matched. The short trades went 83% during the Red Boxed periods while they trades went 49% during the Blue Boxed periods. A small amount of skill does hep with $$.

front apge-day shot

single 9 short

Persistence! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not ... nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not ... Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not ... The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent!
Calvin Coolidge

Joseph Connors 
Colorado Springs, CO USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrade
Frequency: Many times daily
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 106

What are the rules for the strategy?

algotrendz View Post
The trading system is what I call a "generic system". I use the term generic but it is a non-optimized model with as few inputs as possible. The reason is that I care more about consistency and predictable behavior than I do profit. These models are developed for funded day trader type trading where risk is at a premium

The screens below highlight the benefits of generic modeling and one of the benefits. They can be biased so the expected profit from trend calling is increased but no over penalized if wrong. below are my k7 models. The top model has a bullish bias while the bottom has a bearish bias. The bull lost money yesterday in the negative trend and the bear had a great day, both on a base system and on filtered signals. My goal with this approach is to make a trend call but not be punished too much if wrong
7k both

Persistence! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not ... nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not ... Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not ... The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent!
Calvin Coolidge

Last Updated on June 3, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts