NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any good Futures Trading Rooms?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mendal with 18 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two Joseph Connors with 13 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 faithdefender with 13 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lightsun47 with 11 posts (19 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one algotrendz with 4.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two tony2604 with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 lightsun47 with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 53,174 views
    2. thumb_up 233 thanks given
    3. group 808 followers
    1. forum 151 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Any good Futures Trading Rooms?

faithdefender 
Salem VA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Oanda, NT8, TradingView
Broker: Oanda, TorS
Trading: Stocks, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 117

estradingforum View Post
Guys, I have been attending https://nexgent3.com/ trading room. Awesome! Great mentorship. Very dedicated in teaching. Their software is unparallel with any other software I have come across. I live the room, the mentors and hope you will too.

Hope this helps.

Can you share the cost? Monthly and/or annual fees? Do you use it on NT8?

I was in that site at one time, but there are no prices. Historically, that means expensive. And one cannot leave a question on their YouTube video b/c the comments are turned off.

As usual I check reviews. I see they had better than average reviews on TrustPilot, however one review from May 2022 concerned me. A customer complained about the software in the NinjaTrader 8.
Their response in part was;

""To be clear, I do not believe you have an issue with Nexgen "supporting you" or there is a Nexgen lack of support for you as your review suggests. Your anger should be directed at the Ninja Trader 8 platform provider giving you a buggy Ninja 8 program that crashes. It is well documented what the Ninja 8 issues are, and there is a solution, use ninja 7 with no bugs......... I very much feel your frustration regarding Ninja Trader 8 having bugs. They released Ninja 8 way too early with too many bugs; this is out of Nexgen Software Services' control. Ninja Trader, the 3rd party data and charting brokerage platform you are using, was highly negligent in its software release.
There is nothing that Nexgen can do to solve Ninja Trader 8 development bugs""

While it is admirable that NeXGen respond to the review, however, for me, it begs the question WHY do they continue to sell it for NT8? Isn't it dishonest to provide a trial if the bugs are still there, right?
In other words, if you KNOW the product is not working well with NT8's platform then DONT SELL IT. I dont mean to yell, only emphasize the point. They KNOW it has issues but they go ahead and continue to provide the software? Seems to me NinjaTrader would be more responsive if they stopped selling the software and forced NinjaTrader to fix the problems??

I am only going off the the review. I didnt see anything in the Vendors website suggesting all is well for NT8 users. Thoughts?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
14 thanks
 JoeRoss007 
Aue + Deutschland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: Future
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 8

VIPERtrading is the best and most serious life trading room I have come across in 7 years of futures trading.

Thanked by:
 Flyinglow 
Portland, or

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: tos
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Every morning:

"Trader Tom" Hougaard on telegram, you have to understand Tom and his style, like ADDING to winning positions, but if you can stomach it you'll have a lot of break even and small loss trades and days, but your winning days could be HUGE

and

Al Brooks' trading room is excellent, Rose typically runs the room these days, though Al is there often, but it is Excellent, give it a try for a month and let us know what you think.

Neither of these groups are get rich quick groups... you're going to have to work hard

Thanked by:
 sigmatrader 
Blythe, CA

Platform: NinjaTrader7 and 8
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: CL, GC, UB
Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 62

Check out this trading room. Registration page is http://ww12.jfrcbtrading.com/trading-room/?usid=16&utid=32450609613 . It is run by Rick and Cara. Both are experienced traders in micros and minis. Rick is the founder, mentor, and trader. Cara is his partner. She codes in C# and trades multiple accounts with a trade copier. Both trade multiple systems that are discretionary and auto or semi-auto. They run the JFR & CB Trading Discord that is part free and part fee based. So you can look inside to a degree and ask questions. Coming on October 13th they are presenting a Ninjatrader webinar during which there will be special promotions and demonstrations of their methodology. I've been a member since their discord began. Their discord is community run with contributions by members under Rick's guidance. Participation is encouraged in the threads like the Inner Circle.

Oriole 
Naples FLA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currency Futures, RTY, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 72

I've been a Theo Trade subscriber for a year and really like the value Don Kaufman offers for options trading.

They have a Futures Trading Room for $199-$299 a month that several of his analysts run that includes unlimited trading commissions with Tradovate. You still have to pay fees but no futures trade commissions.

I have NEVER been in the room but it's worth looking at if you are a super active trader as it could save you big time on trading commissions.

https://theotrade.com/

buylosellhi 
new york

Experience: None
Platform: SierraChart
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 44

I think trading rooms are a total scam. Tiger Woods can host a room and describe every single thing that he does before/during/after a golf swing but your golf handicap wouldnt budge, maybe even gets worse because you end up trying things that you are not ready/prepared for. And me using Tiger Woods analogy for trading rooms is really generous towards trading rooms and really quite far off the mark, but you get my point. Better Tiger Woods analogy would be if Steve Cohen or Jim Simons hosted a trading room and showed their techniques. I guess I'll just stop here

Thanked by:
 n7ekg 
Plano, TX

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES, NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 22

faithdefender View Post
(Also, my own feeling is that if one were steadily successful, it would clearly pay them to give a whole lot more than 3 days' free trial.)

That is SOOO true. I guess I dont see what the harm is in having a couple of weeks trial.

If you have a product that works, you introduce it. You let people try it. Isnt that what they do at Costco? You walk by and they hand you a sample? You try it and say "i want more."

Or you start out with a 20 dollar membership and allow someone to test drive. If it works, they WILL be back, right? Instead, it seems to be a cash cow for the majority.

I remember when i paid 67 dollars for a monthly subscription on some stupid thing called Market Makers Dashboard. If you have 10000 people (which they did) try the one month subscription at 67 bucks, I think you end up with almost 3 quarters of a million. Not bad for a months work. But I watched as people dropped like flies because it was crappy.

Instead of trading I need to sell indicators and/or trade rooms.

I understand completely! It's a lot safer than trading live with one's own $$$ (which a lot of rooms don't - they trade in sim, but they won't tell you that)...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 n7ekg 
Plano, TX

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES, NQ, CL

TraderTS View Post
Polaris Trading Group for Stocks and Futures Traders | PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & INDICATOR PRODUCTS
Polaris Trading Group Blog | Polaris Trading Group for Stocks and Futures Traders

My Journal Review from 2020APRIL:

"Just a quick history of why I came across and decided to take another look at 3-Day Cycle again...
It was because of the next big thing from CME: Micro eMini introduced last summer when I was traveling and had to swing trade.
Truthfully, I have not mastered the 3-day cycle concept as I've done with Harmonic patterns and Fibonacci measured moves but I began to understand more and somewhat successful with
- CD1 to "look for secured LOW" and
- CD2 to "Back n' Fill" as consolidation day... but
- CD3 is such a challenge... because IF it's "BidUpToSell" THEN it has to sell as a swing trade at the end of the day or after reOpen @6pmET. It was not easy to trade and still confused me from time to time.

Therefore; I am taking this month off for a month trial promotion from PTG during COVID-19 Shelter-in-place (a lot better than just two weeks)--enough time for me to relearn how to trade intraday DIRECTIONAL bias and to kick bad intraday trading habits once and for all."

Applying what I've trained for another 90 days on my own... and trading more ROBOTIC-ALLY as the results of one month trial.

Take the trial first because it's "pricey" but it's definitely a very good place to learn and learn it the "right" way, especially for a newbie.

How's it going now with PTG? Are you still with them? Were you profitable trading the levels associated with the cycles?

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Donovan2580
Port St. Lucie, FL

Thanks Received: 37

I will second this!!!! Not much more to add as Tony explained it well. Charles is a very nice guy and has a TON of information to share. Don't be fooled by the cheap price, there is a wealth of information to be learned there.

tony2604 View Post
Hello,

I was recommending a trading-room 2 years ago which stopped few weeks later (after years of doing great moderating) because of health problems of the moderator from his age. So I was in many other rooms in trials to find out what makes sense. I dont need to write here how most of the room work (they work for them because of subscriptions...)

But now I´m happy! I found a room I can recommend honestly! We are trading the ES and the NQ, the moderator is doing a great job with explaining and I learnt a lot about market and volumeprofile. I watched many videos about profile but the real thing is this trading room when you want to work with! Thank you Charles for your moderating!

Everyone concerned with this topic know about prices that are paid in some rooms. This room is not expensive!! The guy want to build a big community and the price is only US$ 10,- (!!!) per month!

I have no advantage from posting this information, I dont get any commission. I do it because this guy deserve it and the room will be moderated a long time!

Come over there and test it out - there is ALSO 1 hour open session on youtube every day (!!!) before we switch to the members-session (with the 10,- US$ only!). Just do me a favor and post there that you read this recommendation on futures.io, just to have an idea about the feedback and how many of you guys are coming (no advantage for me!!!)

See you there: https://piratetraders.io/

PS: if something sounds strange here, dont worry, my first language is german and not english!

Happy trading!
Tony

Thanked by:
GlobalTrader
Long Beach , LA

Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 81

Flyinglow View Post
Every morning:

"Trader Tom" Hougaard on telegram, you have to understand Tom and his style, like ADDING to winning positions, but if you can stomach it you'll have a lot of break even and small loss trades and days, but your winning days could be HUGE

and

Al Brooks' trading room is excellent, Rose typically runs the room these days, though Al is there often, but it is Excellent, give it a try for a month and let us know what you think.

Neither of these groups are get rich quick groups... you're going to have to work hard

https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/al-brooks-trading/

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 3, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts