NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any good Futures Trading Rooms?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mendal with 18 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two faithdefender with 13 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Joseph Connors with 13 posts (8 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lightsun47 with 11 posts (19 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one algotrendz with 4.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two tony2604 with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 lightsun47 with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 53,114 views
    2. thumb_up 233 thanks given
    3. group 808 followers
    1. forum 151 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Any good Futures Trading Rooms?

Joseph Connors 
Colorado Springs, CO USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrade
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 106

TheSwede View Post
noushina gave a pretty good explanation on how Tom trades, post 111 in this thread.
Further more if you know what to look for you can scan for the best videos on youtube to get some ideas, no need to watch them all.
There are lots of free info on his site tradertom.com with guides on how to trade etc.

You need to make some efforts on your own, don't think Tom wants to spoon feed people.

By the way, thank you for directing me to post #111. But the fact that he scalps is self evident.

Don't get me wrong here, I do really like Tom despite him being cranky and his jokes are pretty good! I just wish he would open up a little more about his trades. Of course, as his points out, you get what you pay for! He is completely free and doesn't sell a thing. I recommend him.

Persistence! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not ... nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not ... Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not ... The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent!
Calvin Coolidge
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
10 thanks

faithdefender 
Salem VA USA

Platform: Oanda, NT8, TradingView
Broker: Oanda, TorS
Trading: Stocks, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 130
Thanks Received: 117

Anyone heard of Eddie Small of Eddie Trades? He has a Discord room and a few YouTube videos, and has an interesting indicator, but I would like to learn more.
Thank you

goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 344
Thanks Received: 246

noushina View Post
Looks like everybody ran out of steam.
I have paid on and off for Al Brooks. Think I am done with paying the fee, or buying old month recordings.

I listen to Trader Tom sometimes, and sometimes trade along with him.
He plays for BO scalps; and so trading ranges tend to F him up.
Over all he clearly kicks my butt, and I don't plan to look at any other trading rooms beyond his.
Well, I might check out the free NT8 analysis again - but it just seemed like so much after the fact analysis to me when I did check it out.

Summary comments
Free Trader Tom: free, live trades
scalping Footsie and Dax for about an hour or 90 minutes on London open.
Then Dow and Nasdaq for 60 or 90 min on US open
Often jumps on the first bar or two
Looks at support resistance, bar closing above or below previous BAR high or low, and filling gaps or looking at gaps as S/R
He briefly explains some of his trades with a chart and a few words
Cusses people out for stupid questions that they could answer themselves - but with at least 2000 people live when he is trading you know that is going to happen.
He refers people to Al Brooks, and shows where free Al Brooks stuff is easily found.

Al Brooks: $100/month live analysis, but no live trades spoken about; $50 for to buy previous months
I think SEC has requirements that Al Brooks does not want to deal with if calling out live trades while charging a fee.
9 or 930 to noon, with some trading and analysis by Brad in the late afternoon
There are no live trades being called, but are often implied i.e. "if bar closes here it will probably continue" " if this bar closes on or near its high then ..."
Rose does 80% of the shows, and never stops talking, it seems like. Very distracting.
Al does about 4 shows per month now. Tom did a couple but I think doesn't like all the people complaining that he is not following Al's teachings.
Both Al and Rose will tell you many of the trades they took, and WHY, either during the next bar, or end of session.

Hello noushina,

Thank you for the write-up. I appreciate your thoughts and quick summary.

Question please:

1. When Tom scalp trades, is he using All in and All Out Approach to trade management. For example, is he stating his fixed profit target and fixed stop loss price as well?
2. When Tom scalp trades, does he scale in (or average in) to a losing position when the trade goes against him?
3. When Tom scalp trades, does he show the chart and the actual trades for all to see? Or is he just calling out entry and exit prices?

@Joseph Connors you may charm in if you know this answers, I really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Thanked by:
 noushina 
lansing, michigan

Platform: MT5, NT8
Broker: AMP, CQG
Trading: MES, MYM, MNQ, M2K
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 27

goodoboy View Post
Hello noushina,

Thank you for the write-up. I appreciate your thoughts and quick summary.

Question please:

1. When Tom scalp trades, is he using All in and All Out Approach to trade management. For example, is he stating his fixed profit target and fixed stop loss price as well?
2. When Tom scalp trades, does he scale in (or average in) to a losing position when the trade goes against him?
3. When Tom scalp trades, does he show the chart and the actual trades for all to see? Or is he just calling out entry and exit prices?

@Joseph Connors you may charm in if you know this answers, I really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

His site is free, just join and watch a session and all your questions are answered.

1) He calls the stop and the entre but not the target. The numbers don't match futures because he is trading CFD
2) He never adds to a losing trade, as far as I know. He only adds to winners. It is a rule that I think he is very strict about.
3) He does not show the chart at the same time, last I knew (I havent been to the site to trade for a couple of months now). Problem with lag. So he does audio and then pops un a chart sometimes to show why he took the trade.

Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 344
Thanks Received: 246

noushina View Post
His site is free, just join and watch a session and all your questions are answered.

1) He calls the stop and the entre but not the target. The numbers don't match futures because he is trading CFD
2) He never adds to a losing trade, as far as I know. He only adds to winners. It is a rule that I think he is very strict about.
3) He does not show the chart at the same time, last I knew (I havent been to the site to trade for a couple of months now). Problem with lag. So he does audio and then pops un a chart sometimes to show why he took the trade.

Thank you so much noushina.

It is very nice of Tom to actually have something for free and actual trade lives for all to see.

lol, it better than the other trading stuff I paid for, where I had no clue they trading live or not.

FYI, I was apart of Brooks for awhile as well.

Thanked by:
 Dinvest1982 
Dallas Texas USA

Experience: Advanced
Trading: YM ES NQ (mostly YM)
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

Liberty Trading Club - I have been a member for a little over 4 months now, I can honestly say that overall it's been a 'game changer' for me. The room is primarily all about 'education' (yes they do call trades) - but the best value I've received is from the education.

The primary coach (Alex Wasilewski) is an extremely good YM trader (they also have an ES trade room, but I am in the YM room). They provide a significant amount of training videos covering the main setups that the room uses to open/manage/exit trades (if you select the "pro" level membership) - I started out with the pro level (to gain access to the training videos) but just recently moved to their "standard" level now that I've completed all of their video training. You do get a lot of benefits with the pro level (pro level provides Liberty Trading Zones which you can access via ninjatrader as well as daily live training between 12:30 - 1:00 pm). The biggest benefit is that throughout the trading day Alex is providing training to the room members - he can definitely get a bit cranky at times and yell at some of us when we don't follow the rules, but the bottom line is the guy really seems to care about mentoring people into becoming great traders. Although I don't keep stats on the trades that get called, i can easily that MOST of them are winners.....if you follow their trade management guidelines, you SHOULD make money (but more importantly, you will learn how to trade effectively on your own).

The ES room coach is Brian Parton - I've attended a lot of his live training classes in the beginning (and he's also made a lot of the video training you'd have access to) - also a very good trader (but most of my experience is with Alex in the YM room). I've had a couple of coaching calls (one with Alex and one with Brian) - I think they still provide one (free) coaching call when you join for the trial.

When I was doing my own due diligence on the room (prior to joining) I did come across some negative info about Alex online (found here at futures.io, most from some other futures industry guy dean handley) while I can't speak for other's experiences, I can easily say that I haven't seen or experienced anything that bothers me (I don't even mind too much when I'm getting yelled at, it makes an impression and I've learned from it) - so if you're looking to learn how to trade futures effectively, I would recommend giving the room a try (I'm pretty sure they still offer a free trial). Definitely worth checking out imo (especially if you're new or still struggling).

58LesPaul 
Owensboro, KY

Platform: TradingView
Trading: ES/NQ
Thanks Given: 197
Thanks Received: 101

Dinvest1982 View Post
Liberty Trading Club - I have been a member for a little over 4 months now, I can honestly say that overall it's been a 'game changer' for me. The room is primarily all about 'education' (yes they do call trades) - but the best value I've received is from the education.

The primary coach (Alex Wasilewski) is an extremely good YM trader (they also have an ES trade room, but I am in the YM room). They provide a significant amount of training videos covering the main setups that the room uses to open/manage/exit trades (if you select the "pro" level membership) - I started out with the pro level (to gain access to the training videos) but just recently moved to their "standard" level now that I've completed all of their video training. You do get a lot of benefits with the pro level (pro level provides Liberty Trading Zones which you can access via ninjatrader as well as daily live training between 12:30 - 1:00 pm). The biggest benefit is that throughout the trading day Alex is providing training to the room members - he can definitely get a bit cranky at times and yell at some of us when we don't follow the rules, but the bottom line is the guy really seems to care about mentoring people into becoming great traders. Although I don't keep stats on the trades that get called, i can easily that MOST of them are winners.....if you follow their trade management guidelines, you SHOULD make money (but more importantly, you will learn how to trade effectively on your own).

The ES room coach is Brian Parton - I've attended a lot of his live training classes in the beginning (and he's also made a lot of the video training you'd have access to) - also a very good trader (but most of my experience is with Alex in the YM room). I've had a couple of coaching calls (one with Alex and one with Brian) - I think they still provide one (free) coaching call when you join for the trial.

When I was doing my own due diligence on the room (prior to joining) I did come across some negative info about Alex online (found here at futures.io, most from some other futures industry guy dean handley) while I can't speak for other's experiences, I can easily say that I haven't seen or experienced anything that bothers me (I don't even mind too much when I'm getting yelled at, it makes an impression and I've learned from it) - so if you're looking to learn how to trade futures effectively, I would recommend giving the room a try (I'm pretty sure they still offer a free trial). Definitely worth checking out imo (especially if you're new or still struggling).

Do they use indicators for signals or discretionary trading, price action?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Dinvest1982 
Dallas Texas USA

Experience: Advanced
Trading: YM ES NQ (mostly YM)
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

58LesPaul View Post
Do they use indicators for signals or discretionary trading, price action?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

they primarily trade in the direction of current trend and momentum using various indicator/MA's as a guide for execution. They will do some counter-trend trades, but HIGHLY encourage the newbies to sit those out. (I double-checked this morning, they DO still offer a free trial - that's the best way to check them out)

Chile 
Boston Massachusetts

Trading: Emini ES, Crude CL, Gold GC
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 14

DO THEY USE PRICE ACTION TRADING METHODS??

DO they have a price action trading room?

SawDr 
Washington, DC

Platform: Ninja and TOS
Broker: Ninja
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 114
Thanks Received: 62

Dinvest1982 View Post

When I was doing my own due diligence on the room (prior to joining) I did come across some negative info about Alex online (found here at nexusfi.com, most from some other futures industry guy dean handley) while I can't speak for other's experiences, I can easily say that I haven't seen or experienced anything that bothers me (I don't even mind too much when I'm getting yelled at, it makes an impression and I've learned from it) - so if you're looking to learn how to trade futures effectively, I would recommend giving the room a try (I'm pretty sure they still offer a free trial). Definitely worth checking out imo (especially if you're new or still struggling).

Ah yes, another 2 post member touting a trading room. Here's some info on Alex Wasilewski:
https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/alex-wasilewski-article-in-futures-truth.322303/

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 3, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts