NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My Leeloo 150K Funded Account Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one santom with 17 posts (32 thanks)
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 17 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Flash Gordon with 5 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lightsun47 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cdnftrstdr with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 santom with 1.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Chippstrader with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 27,824 views
    2. thumb_up 91 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 64 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

My Leeloo 150K Funded Account Journal

santom 
Newyork + USA

Experience: None
Trading: NQ,YM
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 40

Daytrader999 View Post
That's great! They usually are very quick in setting up the account, in my case it took only one day as well.

I had informed them few days prior and they indeed setup the account pretty quick Are you funded with Leeloo as well? If so, have you made any withdrawals?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
23 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

santom View Post
I had informed them few days prior and they indeed setup the account pretty quick Are you funded with Leeloo as well? If so, have you made any withdrawals?

I had a funded account with Leeloo, but I messed it up after around 10 days due to taking too much risk.

Currently I'm trading a $150k funded account with OneUp / MES Capital, but I definitely will give Leeloo another try as well.

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
 santom 
Newyork + USA

Daytrader999 View Post
I had a funded account with Leeloo, but I messed it up after around 10 days due to taking too much risk.

Currently I'm trading a $150k funded account with OneUp / MES Capital, but I definitely will give Leeloo another try as well.

Sorry to hear that. I could relate to yours as that's what happened to my first funded account Comparing Leeloo to Oneup, I believe there are no monthly charges, no restrictions on withdrawal right ?

One of the main reasons I choose Leeloo was ability to trade funded account with NT8 using default license, hope oneup adds support for it some day!

May I know when we're u funded with Oneup and howz journey thus far?

Thanked by:

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

santom View Post
Sorry to hear that. I could relate to yours as that's what happened to my first funded account Comparing Leeloo to Oneup, I believe there are no monthly charges, no restrictions on withdrawal right ?

One of the main reasons I choose Leeloo was ability to trade funded account with NT8 using default license, hope oneup adds support for it some day!

May I know when we're u funded with Oneup and howz journey thus far?

Well, that happens....I can't state clearly enough that proper risk and money management is essential, don't focus on how many contracts you are allowed to trade, just start small and grow slowly. And you're right, there are no extra monthly fees, just a withdrawal fee and no other restrictions.

My journey with OneUp / MES Capital was quite a bit of a rollercoaster so far. By the end of July (my first month) I was up around $7k, but I managed to cut it in half with only one really bad trade
(proper risk and money management, you remember? ).
So I stepped back for a few days and re-focused, and actually I'm working my way back up again, slowly...

On the other hand, I recently had some bad experience with MES Capital support, which I described here:

But I don't want to mess up YOUR journal, I wish you good luck and I'm looking forward to your progress!

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
Thanked by:

Chippstrader 
Randolph+NJ/US
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Stage5/Advantage Futures
Thanks Given: 5,241
Thanks Received: 3,656

I looked at their website. Their initial evaluation is easy (Except Limited Trailing Minimum Account Balance (LTMAB))

Their Performance accounts (Funded) are is more confusing.

The Accelerator - which has a very small loss limit ( one range day or random losses in their edge can make lose your funded account).

Investor Type - This should be ideal. but looking at their payout structure is something a trader think it is fishy.

I don't know much about it but looking at their payout structure worries anyone.

--------
Chipps
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 santom 
Newyork + USA

Daytrader999 View Post
Well, that happens....I can't state clearly enough that proper risk and money management is essential, don't focus on how many contracts you are allowed to trade, just start small and grow slowly. And you're right, there are no extra monthly fees, just a withdrawal fee and no other restrictions.

My journey with OneUp / MES Capital was quite a bit of a rollercoaster so far. By the end of July (my first month) I was up around $7k, but I managed to cut it in half with only one really bad trade
(proper risk and money management, you remember? ).
So I stepped back for a few days and re-focused, and actually I'm working my way back up again, slowly...

On the other hand, I recently had some bad experience with MES Capital support, which I described here:

But I don't want to mess up YOUR journal, I wish you good luck and I'm looking forward to your progress!

It just takes one bad trade to blow up the account, take it slow and thats my plan as well. Interesting that I had encountered similar issue in Leeloo funded account as well My first account was 100k -3000$ limit plan and in 3rd day, My account was up 2200$ or so and I remembered I was trading $GC with 3 contracts or so, I got similar message after 12 ticks loss even though my stop was at 18ticks or so.

I am not sure if my position was closed but I believe Leeloo might have moved my account back to sim from live due to my risky loss trades, not planning to size in again on minis till my account has enough buffer.

santom 
Newyork + USA

chipps1983 View Post
I looked at their website. Their initial evaluation is easy (Except Limited Trailing Minimum Account Balance (LTMAB))

Their Performance accounts (Funded) are is more confusing.

The Accelerator - which has a very small loss limit ( one range day or random losses in their edge can make lose your funded account).

Investor Type - This should be ideal. but looking at their payout structure is something a trader think it is fishy.

I don't know much about it but looking at their payout structure worries anyone.

I was in similar view when I first saw their website as well Out of TST/Oneup/Leeloo/Earn2Trade, TST was a nogo as passing two times was close to impossible and when I looked into other 3, Leeloo had following advantages:
1) No Daily loss limit
2) Can hold during news
3) no restriction on scaling (Could be a double edge sword and you could easily blow your account. Personally I like this one as I have seen people loosing their eval/funded account when they oversized by mistake and they have to restart again)
4) Can use Ninjatrader for live account, they have some leader-follower proprietary program or so

Disadvantage:
Trailing drawdown does not stop for evaluation account

Note: Earn2trade also recently introduced 2 & 4 to their gautlet mini, but since leeloo does allow us to size in from first day in funded investor account, they have some restrictions on withdrawal and I can't comment yet as have never withdrawn in my previous funded account.
Though website looks old fashioned they have automated pretty much everything on their backend when you signup for a new account, when you reset etc. and I was pretty impressed by that! Just like Earn2trade, the support is pretty responsive and had no issues till now

For me daily loss limit, trading during news and using NT to trade played a part in choosing the program and I choose LeeLoo over others i could be wrong but they were the one's who first brought Leader-Follower via NT, we need some alternatives to TST/Oneup and as of now I couldn't find any negatives! In FAQ, they did mention that if fast payout is what you are looking for, you should try other vendors and u should check their FAQ section.

You can also follow
as 'Blue wave trading' author seems to have got Leeloo funded account recently and in one of his videos, he mentioned he made a withdrawal and had no issues.

Thanked by:
 minskee 
Sydney, Australia

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 15

Leeloo seem interesting, being able to trade the EURAX combine would be a plus for Australians. Get home from a 9-5 job and start trading around 5-10pm in the evening.

The biggest benefit I see to OneUp is not having to pay data fees.
CME CBOT NYMEX and COMEX
= $420-USD/month
= $586-AUD/month
= $7000-AUD/year
= $21,000/3 years
Gawd dam. that's almost Enough money to cover for university tuition over here. at $10,000/pear year
Then you include brokerage costs, taxes etc.

Thanked by:
 santom 
Newyork + USA

minskee View Post
Leeloo seem interesting, being able to trade the EURAX combine would be a plus for Australians. Get home from a 9-5 job and start trading around 5-10pm in the evening.

The biggest benefit I see to OneUp is not having to pay data fees.
CME CBOT NYMEX and COMEX
= $420-USD/month
= $586-AUD/month
= $7000-AUD/year
= $21,000/3 years
Gawd dam. that's almost Enough money to cover for university tuition over here. at $10,000/pear year
Then you include brokerage costs, taxes etc.

Agree, Leeloo has data fees of $42 for first month with $85 subsequent compared to $0 in Oneup. If faster payout is what you are looking for Oneup is preferred option compared to Leeloo as you can withdraw any time you need with no limit.

If data fees is your concern then assuming you withdraw end of each month, then there is not much difference between two as you don't pay any wire fee during withdrawal in Leeloo where as its $50 in Oneup I believe. One additional benefit like I mentioned in previous posts is ability to trade in NT for live account which is a big deal to me

For Earn2trade, its even worse wherein you pay $100 monthly for each exchange if you need helios rithmic data feed. If you have your own charting/data feed and just plan to use helios for execution after you pass earn2trade eval, then its $0 and you only pay the wire fee I believe.

minskee 
Sydney, Australia

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 15

I'm going through TopStep Right now, its $105 per exchange once you are funded.
I'm doing the $150k combine at the moment, but I guess I justify the price by saying that I'm paying for the data @ $339-USD/Month and a shot to manage $150k =/

haha If I do manage to get funded, I'd like to do oneup as well and trade two accounts at once As Topstep only allows you to trade one account at time.
But hey! Can't get ahead of myself one step at a time lols

Last Updated on March 6, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts