NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My Leeloo 150K Funded Account Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one santom with 17 posts (32 thanks)
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 17 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Flash Gordon with 5 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lightsun47 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cdnftrstdr with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 santom with 1.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Chippstrader with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 27,824 views
    2. thumb_up 91 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 64 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

My Leeloo 150K Funded Account Journal

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

santom View Post
It just takes one bad trade to blow up the account, take it slow and thats my plan as well. Interesting that I had encountered similar issue in Leeloo funded account as well My first account was 100k -3000$ limit plan and in 3rd day, My account was up 2200$ or so and I remembered I was trading $GC with 3 contracts or so, I got similar message after 12 ticks loss even though my stop was at 18ticks or so.

I am not sure if my position was closed but I believe Leeloo might have moved my account back to sim from live due to my risky loss trades, not planning to size in again on minis till my account has enough buffer.

Absolutely....and I think they copy your trades 1:1 into a live account and care about possible slippage and other issues, or they can switch you to a CQG live account (that's up to them, according to the fine print in their paperwork)....

However, I'd be fine with any of these solutions as long as the trader has no disadvantage and they process the withdrawals smoothly.

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
14 thanks

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

Hi @santom, just curious how things are going.

Did you take any trades in your new account this week?

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
 cerebraltrader 
Kapolei + Hawaii/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Phillips Ninjatrader
Trading: Futures ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 1

santom View Post
Hello Guys,

I recently passed Leeloo's evaluation and will be getting my funded account early next week. This will be my second Leeloo account and hope to work with it longer duration this time. I traded more contracts in my first funded account and lost my first account in a few days.

Since the earliest i will be able to withdraw is end of September (due to min. 30 trading days restriction), plan is to have fixed gain/loss per day and grow the account for next 1.5 months. This journal is to track my journey with this account and will update the results daily how it goes!

Good luck Santom!

Looking forward to seeing how you progress. I've tried the $50k 8 Contract a couple of times. I make it about a week or so then blow up the "rising trailing max drawdown".

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Chippstrader 
Randolph+NJ/US
Market Wizard

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Stage5/Advantage Futures
Thanks Given: 5,241
Thanks Received: 3,656

cerebraltrader View Post

I make it about a week or so then blow up the "rising trailing max drawdown".

Well, that is one of the evil rule on OneUptrader, Earn2trade, and with Leeloo.

At least Topstep is good on that part except2 steps.

--------
Chipps
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

Or do an Earn2Trade Classic Gauntlet... no trailing drawdown there.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 cerebraltrader 
Kapolei + Hawaii/USA

iqgod View Post
Or do an Earn2Trade Classic Gauntlet... no trailing drawdown there.

Thanks for the push and the advice. I'll look at Earn2Trade.

Thanked by:
 cerebraltrader 
Kapolei + Hawaii/USA

chipps1983 View Post
Well, that is one of the evil rule on OneUptrader, Earn2trade, and with Leeloo.

At least Topstep is good on that part except2 steps.

Good to know. I'll look at these. Thanks!

doyalalexander 
Dallas tx

Platform: Thinkorswin
Trading: Es
Thanks Received: 45

Re: the trailing drawdown.... Leeloo only trails until it reaches the opening account balance right?

I am in TST step 2 and OneUp... TST drawdown is nice as it calculates at end of day... no intraday high trails.

The others seem to have intraday trails from highest potential profit, which is rough on me mentally. The thought of having a +$1,500 trade stop out at +1,200 isn't as bad as remembering that your trailing draw is based off the $1500... so it just got $300 closer to you. It feels like I need to run from it.

With OneUp, the trail stops at your opening balance.... I am sitting at $256,347 after 4 days. I have a $5,500 drawdown and auto liquidation @$250k... which means I've officially outrun it. Now I just need to stay away from bad trading habits.

//Doyal

Thanked by:
Aries86
New York, Usa

Thanks Given: 0

I'm looking into funded accounts as well. Glad you guys have some experience which could help me out with making a decision. I'm stuck choosing between TST, Earn2trade, and One up at the moment.

cdnftrstdr   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 178

Aries86 View Post
I'm looking into funded accounts as well. Glad you guys have some experience which could help me out with making a decision. I'm stuck choosing between TST, Earn2trade, and One up at the moment.

There's pros and cons to all of them, I've at one point tried them all. This isn't an exhaustive list of pros and cons, just my opinion of what I liked/didnt.

TST - They have a good presence online, meaning the CEO regularly answers questions on this forum, in the facebook group, etc. They put out Youtube videos, have a podcast etc. Sure, a lot of that is salesmanship, but I think there's value in it as well. It doesnt make it any easier to pass, but you at least feel like they are a real company (compared to LeeLoo below) Active community on facebook if you have questions, want to mingle with others going thru the combines. I like their dashboard, easy to see what the rules are you have to follow, where you are at. The 1 big negative for them imo is the 2 step evaluation. Everyone else is basically 1 step, then funded. TST its 2 steps, then a pro account, then funded. (you can skip the pro account part), but still. Lots of opportunities to fail I guess. As well for example in the $150K account, you have to make $9K step 1, then $9K again step 2. All the others it would just be $9K period. All that said, I actually like TST the best by a slight margin.

E2T - 2nd favorite, they have more educational content so for someone looking whose new to trading, which I suspect 95% of the people are who sign up, they have it right there on their site. 1 step, and often run deals. If you go E2T definitely wait for a promotion because they happen monthly. Their free trading platform Im not a fan of, i forget honestly the name of the product but i found it pretty tough to use. Rithmic and Rtrader is okay, but unless you have your own program you use, i find their free trading options pretty tough. So overall, easier rules with just 1 step, just 1 $9K for a $150K account.

OneUp - I cant speak to this one, I only used their demo/sim account (not the trader tryout, whatever the names are), so I can't speak to it other than it seemed professional and they were quick to get me set up with a rithmic account.

LeeLoo - You didnt mention but figured I'd round out my experience. Much cheaper option but they sketch me out a bit. How I mentioned how TST has a nice online presence, LeeLoo has the opposite. Their YouTube channel is weird videos from the founder on their ranch. When you do pass you dont actually trade a funded account, its still sim and they mirror your trades? All that said, the reviews Ive read I havent found anyone saying they arent trustworthy, maybe just not run very professionally. Their payout requirements are their biggest downfall I think. I dont want to explain it all its on their site but basically when you get funded you are capped on how much you can withdraw the first while. So you could make $10K in a month and nope, you get to withdraw $1K max, which again, little sketchy. (edit: it might be $2K, honestly I don't remember. and you don't lose the rest of your profit, you just cant withdraw it until a future month. As well withdraws are only once a month, where i believe everyone else its when you want and they are processed weekly, I'm 95% sure).

All that said, Im in TST $150K combine now, Step 2, several days in. Blown several accounts along the journey, all my own experimenting and learning, a few stupid mistakes along the way. If you are 100% newish to trading I'd lean towards TST for a new user experience, easy to use trading platform (Tradovate option) and good support from them and the community.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 6, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts