NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Kim Mangalindan, Facebook Freedom Challenge Group (legal question - need help)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Kasitlyo with 13 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 9 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 9 posts (48 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Nolaughingmatter with 7 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one artemiso with 11.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Kasitlyo with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 27,129 views
    2. thumb_up 221 thanks given
    3. group 400 followers
    1. forum 88 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Kim Mangalindan, Facebook Freedom Challenge Group (legal question - need help)

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,360

phantomtrader View Post
Good point. The OP just joined in July:

Total Posts
Chats
Wiki Contributions

Sounds like a vendor setup. Good call, Kevin.

I could be wrong on this, I have been before. But if you read the OP's writings, website testimonials and YouTube comments by the master, you'll notice a high degree of similarity - "not quite right" English. It could be all different non-English speaking people writing that way, or one person generating all the content.

Also, I'd suggest people reverse image search the master's photo on his website...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

kevinkdog View Post
I could be wrong on this, I have been before. But if you read the OP's writings, website testimonials and YouTube comments by the master, you'll notice a high degree of similarity - "not quite right" English. It could be all different non-English speaking people writing that way, or one person generating all the content.

Also, I'd suggest people reverse image search the master's photo on his website...

Interesting - zero results which probably means the picture is a fake. Doesn't even connect to his website.

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

phantomtrader View Post
Interesting - zero results which probably means the picture is a fake. Doesn't even connect to his website.

tineye gives zero results

google image search links to a photo in a radaris.com profile, with home address.

https://radaris.com/p/Kim/Mangalindan/

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

kevinkdog View Post
tineye gives zero results

google image search links to a photo in a radaris.com profile, with home address.

https://radaris.com/p/Kim/Mangalindan/

May be the same guy involved in this ponzi scheme:

https://mnmss.com/images/1NO-LETTER-SENT-01152020-00614760.pdf

Thanked by:
 Kasitlyo 
San Francisco CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 19

phantomtrader View Post
May be the same guy involved in this ponzi scheme:

https://mnmss.com/images/1NO-LETTER-SENT-01152020-00614760.pdf

This is big probability he mentioned on his FB group that he has a son in UTAH, the guy is from Vietnam, and most in the FB groups are Asian, trying to learn how to trade, I am Asian as you can see in my English, my kids always correct me hehehe. You guys are the best and THANK THANK YOU everyone, I can start sleeping better now.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Nolaughingmatter 
San Francisco

Platform: Thinkorswim
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 82

kevinkdog View Post

I call BS on this whole story. The fact that @phantomtrader uncovered "easy canel" terms on the website just confirms my suspicions.

I agree. We've been had. The joys of the Internet. You never know who's on the other side. The lack of detailed response and prevarication from the OP is telling. Most people, who responded, generously helped, and have been genuinely concerned, have spent more time on this thread than the OP.

Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Nolaughingmatter View Post
I agree. We've been had. The joys of the Internet. You never know who's on the other side. The lack of detailed response and prevarication from the OP is telling. Most people, who responded, generously helped, and have been genuinely concerned, have spent more time on this thread than the OP.

May be the thread starter was nervous about giving more details because of the alleged legal threats by the vendor?
It is normally people signing up making glowing comments about a vendor who raise suspicions about their identity, not people who start threads requesting legal help because they are trying to get out of making further payments to somebody who they think is a scammer, and threatening to sue them.
It just seems unfair to suggest somebody is a liar on no real evidence whatsoever. Not just in reference to your post, but as a general point.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
 Kasitlyo 
San Francisco CA

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 19

matthew28 View Post
May be the thread starter was nervous about giving more details because of the alleged legal threats by the vendor?
It is normally people signing up making glowing comments about a vendor who raise suspicions about their identity, not people who start threads requesting legal help because they are trying to get out of making further payments to somebody who they think is a scammer, and threatening to sue them.
It just seems unfair to suggest somebody is a liar on no real evidence whatsoever. Not just in reference to your post, but as a general point.

I respected everybody opinion, but please look the YT advertisement and I am so mad with the guy...I pasted the PONZI link in the comment with his name so that its up to all the FB Freedom Challenge member to see and verify his credentials. At least people will be aware and second check his credibility and for Cancelling the subscription, I did write an email to the support email of my subscription cancellation. Thanks

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

matthew28 View Post

Like I said, I could be all wrong on this, but the "vendor is a scam" twist might be genius marketing in disguise.
  • Hottest thread last 14 days on this site.
  • Most Viewed thread last 14 days on this site.
  • The YT video linked has more views than any other recent video on that channel
  • Channel's YT subscribers have gone up too since the "reveal" post

Even bad publicity is good publicity these days.

So, even if OPs intentions were pure, at the end of the day, the vendor just got a bunch of traffic, and I'd bet more business.

Thanked by:

Nolaughingmatter 
San Francisco

Platform: Thinkorswim
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 82

matthew28 View Post
It just seems unfair to suggest somebody is a liar on no real evidence whatsoever.

I have not called the OP a liar. Maybe I am unfair and I can definitely be wrong, but to me this is a case of not everything is as it seems. Not much makes sense.

Please read kevindog's and phantomtrader's posts, especially the vendor's cancellation policy. They have done the research.

The OP seems perfectly capable of explaining himself but offered vague details and did not elaborate when most people in similar situations would. He can do all those things without naming the vendor. Then he claimed there were language problems, yet no one misunderstood him when he opened the topic. As an immigrant, I know people say their English (or whatever language) isn't good to get out awkward situations. Once again, I am not saying the OP is a liar, but this doesn't look right.

Additionally, his location states he is in San Francisco. I am in San Francisco. Yet, when I offered legal suggestions in San Francisco, there didn't seem to be any interest or follow-up. Maybe he doesn't want to take the legal route. Ok, fair enough, but a distressed person would probably say that and definitely talk more. With VPNs and all that, IP addresses are not always reliable.

The posters have offered suggestions that have taken years of experience, money, and sweat to accumulate. Yet, the OP has stated very little on how he wants to move forward or what he has done since opening the thread. A new post from him mentions he emailed customer service. That's it.

You don't need to close a credit card account to dispute charges by the way. The credit card company can reverse charges until the dispute is resolved. On the other hand, the OP said it's charged. Then it's closed and the vendor can't charge. I'm confused.

When people pressed for the vendor's identity, he did it quite easily even though he was supposedly scared.

If I were in this situation and I read all the posters' advice and suggestions, I would deal with the vendor directly and tell the vendor to stop threatening me or I will take legal action as well as leave online reviews about my experience. Usually, that is more than enough for a guilty party to stop harassing me (in my experience). But the OP posted the vendor's info before resolving the situation with the vendor? This sequence of events doesn't make much sense to me.

I am aware that I can be wrong but this just doesn't seem right. Apologies if I am wrong.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts