NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Kim Mangalindan, Facebook Freedom Challenge Group (legal question - need help)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Kasitlyo with 13 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 9 posts (48 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 9 posts (26 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Nolaughingmatter with 7 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one artemiso with 11.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Kasitlyo with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 26,997 views
    2. thumb_up 221 thanks given
    3. group 400 followers
    1. forum 88 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Kim Mangalindan, Facebook Freedom Challenge Group (legal question - need help)

Kasitlyo 
San Francisco CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 19

I have a legal question and need a desperate help, I agreed to a Mentor for a year membership of $--K/month on mentoring and now I figured that he is just hustling the group of his students, so I bailed out after Three months. Now he is threatening to sue me and garnish the rest of amount on my income and property. He claimed to be really rich and his group can move the market and giving directions where the market (ES mini) will do, and I start noticing he got images/pictures trades that is fake or scripted when it is all shown as making money (so basically SIM trade and images it as his live trades). I try to follow it in SIM to copy and practice and its impossible to follow all his winning. Does any traders got this type of experience, want to know, how can I protect myself from him in the court just in case. I only agreed on his website and leave my Credit Card in the file for monthly due, CC is now closed and I am only trading since last March when Covid-19 starts. Thank you for any advice, please help me...

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
userque
Chicago IL

Thanks Given: 573
Thanks Received: 130

Kasitlyo View Post
I have a legal question and need a desperate help, I agreed to a Mentor for a year membership of $--K/month on mentoring and now I figured that he is just hustling the group of his students, so I bailed out after Three months. Now he is threatening to sue me and garnish the rest of amount on my income and property. He claimed to be really rich and his group can move the market and giving directions where the market (ES mini) will do, and I start noticing he got images/pictures trades that is fake or scripted when it is all shown as making money (so basically SIM trade and images it as his live trades). I try to follow it in SIM to copy and practice and its impossible to follow all his winning. Does any traders got this type of experience, want to know, how can I protect myself from him in the court just in case. I only agreed on his website and leave my Credit Card in the file for monthly due, CC is now closed and I am only trading since last March when Covid-19 starts. Thank you for any advice, please help me...

I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not giving you advice. But I do have some questions:

Have you told the mentor that you believe his conduct amounts to violations of SEC and other laws and regulations? (I'm assuming this is a U.S. situation.). And if you did, has he dropped the issue like a hot potato?

Have you considered the possibility that a criminal would not really want to go to court and expose their criminal activities?

Have you considered these sites for legal advice:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/
https://www.avvo.com/free-legal-advice
https://www.rocketlawyer.com/legal-advice

Have you considered consulting with an SEC/securities lawyer?

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

Kasitlyo View Post

tell him to get on with it , ask him for his address so you know where to send the bankruptcy notice. .

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
ondafringe
Albuquerque, NM, USA

Thanks Given: 87
Thanks Received: 117

This is not legal advice, but from my personal experience, if you agree to recurring CC charges with any business entity, closing your CC account will not stop those recurring charges because they will automatically roll over to your new CC. The only way to stop recurring CC charges is if the business entity agrees to stop them. The recurring charges *may* stop if you close you CC account and don't get a new CC from the same financial institution, but not sure about that.

Never... ever... allow a business entity to make recurring charges to your CC unless they are well respected and highly trusted.

As for them initiating a lawsuit against you, scammers don't go to those extremes because the last thing they want is to end up in a court of law!

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

Can you name this vendor?

Have you searched, do they have an existing review thread here on the site?

The more you can share, the more likely members can help you.

Did you pay via PayPal?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
 Kasitlyo 
San Francisco CA

userque View Post
I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not giving you advice. But I do have some questions:

Have you told the mentor that you believe his conduct amounts to violations of SEC and other laws and regulations? (I'm assuming this is a U.S. situation.). And if you did, has he dropped the issue like a hot potato?

Have you considered the possibility that a criminal would not really want to go to court and expose their criminal activities?

Have you considered these sites for legal advice:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/
https://www.avvo.com/free-legal-advice
https://www.rocketlawyer.com/legal-advice

Have you considered consulting with an SEC/securities lawyer?

Thanks for all the advised, I told him initially that I will file a complaint to SEC (cause I don't think, what his doing is right) if he make a collection out of me and ask him to leave me alone in peace and I will not do anything unless he did something, but he threatened me that he got high class lawyers on his payrolls. Anyways we will see what will happen. Thanks...

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

People threaten me and the site all the time. The more of a scam they are, the louder their threats.

It would be helpful to know their name, and if you paid by PayPal or not.
Kasitlyo View Post
Thanks for all the advised, I told him initially that I will file a complaint to SEC (cause I don't think, what his doing is right) if he make a collection out of me and ask him to leave me alone in peace and I will not do anything unless he did something, but he threatened me that he got high class lawyers on his payrolls. Anyways we will see what will happen. Thanks...

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Nolaughingmatter 
San Francisco

Platform: Thinkorswim
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 82

1. Did you sign any contract regarding your membership?

2. If he's so high up, why does he need your membership fee so desperately that he would sue you and make your life miserable?

3. Lawyers are expensive. Good, reputable lawyers are upwards of $500 hourly or more in SF. His legal fees would likely cost more than your membership fees. He's bluffing.

4. I signed up for a course with SMB Capital. It was not the right course for me. I told them so. They refunded me. Because of their highly ethical behavior, I would not hesitate to take the right course with them in the future and would definitely recommend them to others.

5. A good businessperson works things out when there is troubleshooting. This person sounds like a con. I don't know any successful businessperson who would lose their cool like that.

6. If he continues to unreasonably threaten you, call the cops, SEC, write online reviews, etc.

7. Anyone who brags about their so-called connections is a childish social climber IMO.

Thanked by:
 Kasitlyo 
San Francisco CA

Nolaughingmatter View Post
1. Did you sign any contract regarding your membership?

2. If he's so high up, why does he need your membership fee so desperately that he would sue you and make your life miserable?

3. Lawyers are expensive. Good, reputable lawyers are upwards of $500 hourly or more in SF. His legal fees would likely cost more than your membership fees. He's bluffing.

4. I signed up for a course with SMB Capital. It was not the right course for me. I told them so. They refunded me. Because of their highly ethical behavior, I would not hesitate to take the right course with them in the future and would definitely recommend them to others.

5. A good businessperson works things out when there is troubleshooting. This person sounds like a con. I don't know any successful businessperson who would lose their cool like that.

6. If he continues to unreasonably threaten you, call the cops, SEC, write online reviews, etc.

7. Anyone who brags about their so-called connections is a childish social climber IMO.

Its just on the internet sign-in, I don't know if that is legal, I started to smell fishy when one of his old student is not learning and ask for a help to me, wherein he is year ahead and almost completed on his mentoring... it sad that their is lot lots of people trying to screw people even in times like this... I start thinking to learn how to trade when this Virus arrived knowing that job will be scares and pretty soon and we all need a back-up of income. I don't want to mention names, unless he did something ugly... I will keep everybody posted, cause I don't want him victims more innocent people.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Kasitlyo View Post
Its just on the internet sign-in, I don't know if that is legal, I started to smell fishy when one of his old student is not learning and ask for a help to me, wherein he is year ahead and almost completed on his mentoring... it sad that their is lot lots of people trying to screw people even in times like this... I start thinking to learn how to trade when this Virus arrived knowing that job will be scares and pretty soon and we all need a back-up of income. I don't want to mention names, unless he did something ugly... I will keep everybody posted, cause I don't want him victims more innocent people.

Threatening legal action isn't "ugly" enough?

This is why these vendors get away with this crap! You should post a review about him, publicly, so at least it will help someone else know what they are getting into prior to making any purchase.

Mike

Last Updated on February 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts