NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TruTrade.io Has anyone else have experience?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JonnyBoy with 11 posts (25 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 11 posts (30 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ntcat with 9 posts (15 thanks)
    4. looks_4 14milesperhour with 9 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one phantomtrader with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 1.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ntcat with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,536 views
    2. thumb_up 136 thanks given
    3. group 33 followers
    1. forum 96 posts
    2. attach_file 19 attachments

Search this Thread

TruTrade.io Has anyone else have experience?

14milesperhour 
Temecula CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

Alright I wanted to post an update on trutrade and my experience with the bots thus far.

I am using the trutrade trend following v3 though after the past few days of trading I am strongly considering upgrading to a higher version.

I have used the bot now prior to the market sell off here in September and during the sell off and when properly managed the trutrade system has successfully produced great results. Each day I have used the bot it has pulled in over 1K profit trading 5 contracts on ES and 3 contracts on crude. Many times it would have pulled in more however I manually closed the orders because I got skittish (which is honestly better then letting trutrade close it because you can take some heavy losses if you aren’t managing your exits). Trutrade allows you to set a profit target for your hedge entry’s and let’s you manually close your long entries.

This combo has allowed me to be consistently profitable and has taken much of the stress of when to enter the market off my plate, allowing me to manage other parts of my busy day. When a trade is entered I then watch the DOM and charts to find my exit and this far trutrade hasn’t had a single drawdown. Now I don’t expect that to continue but the fact that it lets me specify my loss amount and manually close trades it gives me more confidence of being able to get out if a trade turns against me.

I will continue to post updates as I go but so far it’s very good.

My next mission is to set the time parameters and see what happens when it trades all by its lonesome.

Oh and the profits achieved are all with real money not sim, however my time based experiment will be all sim. Don’t trust it enough yet to let it start and stop itself all on its own.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
 14milesperhour 
Temecula CA

Sorry if I am posting to much about this. Since it seems like it is just me and one other user who has experience with TruTrade and the cost of their bots are not cheap (5K is like their least expensive and goes all the way up to 25K) I feel like I need to keep people up to date on the experience I am having so others can know how trutrade works. Again I am using their Trend Follower V3 currently. From a trading perspective I need to practice more so I know how to stay in a trade longer to capture more profit using TruTrade. Normally I am trading using heikin ashi, RSI and the moving average but with TruTrade you are using Renko Bars which I'm still trying to get used to in terms of knowing when a trend is continuing and when I need to start looking for my exit. Thus far though as long as you are managing the bot and using the second entry with reasonable take profits your losses are very small. Here is my results from this week so far (still have Friday to go) trading ES and CL (December contracts) and so far it's looking pretty good. The one I am still trading on Sim using TruTrade is EQ. Because the market is so thin and the price moves so much you really have to be careful using TruTrade with it. In a blink of an eye if you aren't there to hit "Flat" it can destroy your profits in a heartbeat. The tradeoff is if you can monitor it closely and be prepared at a moments notice to flatten the bot you can make some wild profit. Today I was practicing on Sim using one long and two hedge contracts (with 8 tick take profit) and ended up stopping after a 2K profit in just about 30 min (again EQ I am doing Sim because honestly I am scared of EQ to trade real money haha)

All that being said here is my actual profits and losses for this week using exclusively TruTrade and my actual trading account (non sim).

One of the things I am loving about trutrade is I can be doing something else until I hear the words "Order Submitted" and then I pull up Ninja and plan my exit. I also mark out my support and resistance levels through-out as well so I can make quicker decisions.

So far so good. I've at least paid for my bot and made profit on top of it at this point so I am a happy camper there.

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,855

14milesperhour View Post
Sorry if I am posting to much about this. Since it seems like it is just me and one other user who has experience with TruTrade and the cost of their bots are not cheap (5K is like their least expensive and goes all the way up to 25K) I feel like I need to keep people up to date on the experience I am having so others can know how trutrade works. Again I am using their Trend Follower V3 currently. From a trading perspective I need to practice more so I know how to stay in a trade longer to capture more profit using TruTrade. Normally I am trading using heikin ashi, RSI and the moving average but with TruTrade you are using Renko Bars which I'm still trying to get used to in terms of knowing when a trend is continuing and when I need to start looking for my exit. Thus far though as long as you are managing the bot and using the second entry with reasonable take profits your losses are very small. Here is my results from this week so far (still have Friday to go) trading ES and CL (December contracts) and so far it's looking pretty good. The one I am still trading on Sim using TruTrade is EQ. Because the market is so thin and the price moves so much you really have to be careful using TruTrade with it. In a blink of an eye if you aren't there to hit "Flat" it can destroy your profits in a heartbeat. The tradeoff is if you can monitor it closely and be prepared at a moments notice to flatten the bot you can make some wild profit. Today I was practicing on Sim using one long and two hedge contracts (with 8 tick take profit) and ended up stopping after a 2K profit in just about 30 min (again EQ I am doing Sim because honestly I am scared of EQ to trade real money haha)

All that being said here is my actual profits and losses for this week using exclusively TruTrade and my actual trading account (non sim).

One of the things I am loving about trutrade is I can be doing something else until I hear the words "Order Submitted" and then I pull up Ninja and plan my exit. I also mark out my support and resistance levels through-out as well so I can make quicker decisions.

So far so good. I've at least paid for my bot and made profit on top of it at this point so I am a happy camper there.

So, to be clear the results you posted are from your live account that has been walking the market forward with the bot running in real time?

I.E. these are the actual results from live trading in your live account? These are not back tested results?

EDIT: I realised you had mentioned this was a live account so I removed the word SIM.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
Thanked by:
 14milesperhour 
Temecula CA

JonnyBoy View Post
So, to be clear the results you posted are from your live account that has been walking the market forward with the bot running in real time?

I.E. these are the actual results from live trading in your live account? These are not back tested results?

EDIT: I realised you had mentioned this was a live account so I removed the word SIM.

Hi Jonny - Yes these are my live results with my real money this week with the bots running in real time. I have not just set them and forgot them though. I managed the trades the whole time but allowed the bots to take the exits and any programed take profits and then I managed the long term exits. You can let TruTrade manage the long term exit as well but in my experience (with at least my bot version) those exits are not consistently the best. I would recommend for anyone using at least the trendfollowing bot to manage your exits rather then letting the bot just run.

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

14milesperhour View Post
Hi Jonny - Yes these are my live results with my real money this week with the bots running in real time. I have not just set them and forgot them though. I managed the trades the whole time but allowed the bots to take the exits and any programed take profits and then I managed the long term exits. You can let TruTrade manage the long term exit as well but in my experience (with at least my bot version) those exits are not consistently the best. I would recommend for anyone using at least the trendfollowing bot to manage your exits rather then letting the bot just run.

Thanks. I don't want or mean to be asinine here, but you are absolutely sure the screen shot you posted is from your live account and are not back tested generated results?

Thanked by:
 14milesperhour 
Temecula CA

JonnyBoy View Post
Thanks. I don't want or mean to be asinine here, but you are absolutely sure the screen shot you posted is from your live account and are not back tested generated results?

No offense taken - yep 100% sure it’s my live account. I can post my broker account too which will show the growth. I get it I am super skeptical when it comes to this stuff too, but so far so good. I’m not saying buy this bot yet because I still want to battle test it more but I have been pleasantly surprised by it’s consistency. Again though I am managing the exits. The only thing I am sim trading right now is NQ because I haven’t felt comfortable trading NQ with trutrade yet. But I reset my sim account before grabbing the results page so any trades done in NQ would not be added in. Also I am trading NQ after hours and using historical data and days back in March and July to test right now. I’ve traded ES and CL on my live broker account with trutrade because those markets are thick and trutrade seems to do much better on thicker markets.

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,012

Well, congratulations.

Then again, I don't know much or many people, but I'm awfully curious about anything making money in this dodgy season which has "trend" in the name. It is impressive feat. Do keep us updated

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

14milesperhour View Post
No offense taken - yep 100% sure it’s my live account. I can post my broker account too which will show the growth. I get it I am super skeptical when it comes to this stuff too, but so far so good. I’m not saying buy this bot yet because I still want to battle test it more but I have been pleasantly surprised by it’s consistency. Again though I am managing the exits. The only thing I am sim trading right now is NQ because I haven’t felt comfortable trading NQ with trutrade yet. But I reset my sim account before grabbing the results page so any trades done in NQ would not be added in. Also I am trading NQ after hours and using historical data and days back in March and July to test right now. I’ve traded ES and CL on my live broker account with trutrade because those markets are thick and trutrade seems to do much better on thicker markets.

Thank you for the additional clarification. The reason I ask is because I might be missing something here!

Firstly you didn't include any commissions, so your real world $ profits would actually be less than what you have shown but still extremely good, in fact excellent! No big deal here per se, NT will only include or add commissions to your trader performance if you have added the dollar value under Commissions within NT itself. Something that is nearly always missed when traders present back tested data, but like you said this is live.

Which brings me to my next point. I do quite a bit of back testing in NinjaTrader using their 'standard' back testing and also in market replay. Either way I am always presented with the "Probability" statistic for the trading performance and I never like 0% as shown on yours.

This statistic determines how likely a trade is to occur that would return the same PnL as your Avg. trade. This is based on how many trade's PnL fall within a standard deviation of the Avg. trade. Student's t-distribution is used to find probability. This ultimately doesn't mean a back test won't be profitable when live trading but a statistic nonetheless.

However, with my live account(s) the Probability statistic is always absent because the trades were what the trades were and no calculation of their Probability was required. So, in my experience back tested trading performance always has the Probability statistic where as my live trading accounts do not.

I am probably out to lunch here. I am not sure why mine is different. Perhaps other NinjaTrader users can weigh in or I might ask NT myself why mine is different for live results vs. back tested. Is this just me? Anyone?

You don't need to post any broker statements unless you feel you need to. I honestly don't really care all that much, but I am more curious as to why you are seeing something different on your trading performance than what I see. I am not on the latest version of NinjaTrader (I always like to let the latest version be in the public domain before I switch over).

Anyway, I guess it is what it is. Just strange, that's all.

Thanked by:
 jj612 
Minneapolis, MN

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: oil
Thanks Received: 1

Just giving my experience with TruTrade.io. I was curious as I stumbled across some YouTube videos. It looks like TrueTrade.io is co-owned by Brian Nutt, the owner of King Quant LLC. I spoke with Danny Rebello about a month ago. I asked some slippage, commission risk and a company operations question (do you outsource coding or do it in-house). I was told that those don't matter, the past performance in their examples should be all that matters.

Again, I'm just giving my experience with the sales process. I did not feel comfortable with the product and did not purchase (maybe my loss). 14mph - I wish you the best. It looks like it is working for you.

Thanked by:

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

14milesperhour View Post

@NinjaTrader - on my live account trading performance page, I don't see the Probability statistic. However, I do see this on every one of my back tests. Am I missing something here?

What is the criteria for the Probability statistic to show up on the trading performance page. Live account performance and back tested results or just back tested?

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts