NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TruTrade.io Has anyone else have experience?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one phantomtrader with 11 posts (34 thanks)
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 11 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ntcat with 9 posts (15 thanks)
    4. looks_4 14milesperhour with 9 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one phantomtrader with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ntcat with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,680 views
    2. thumb_up 146 thanks given
    3. group 34 followers
    1. forum 98 posts
    2. attach_file 19 attachments

Search this Thread

TruTrade.io Has anyone else have experience?

JohnnyCash 
Mechanicsville, va

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, YM, TF, NQ, 6B, 6e
Thanks Given: 134
Thanks Received: 31

I tried this "software" out in 4/2021. Luckily I only wasted $5,000. It never was able to trade with any profitability. But, is was very consistent in losing money, in hind sight, maybe I should have reversed all settings. I decided to trade the old fashioned way and pick and choose my entries and exits....I so much better that way and have made my losing investment into trutrade back.

Do yourself a favour and learn to trade and not look at the market like its an ATM that you can walk up to and make it spit out $100's. It takes time, but stick with it and get your education here at futures.io.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
41 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

The clowns are finally posting that they have some losing trades. Mr. Guillermo commented that he had some losers due to Rithmic datafeed, Ninjatrader, news events, the market, internet connection and the heartbreak of psoriasis. But never even suggested that the TruTrade software failed. So we're still at NO LOSING TRADES!

TruTrade posted a 3 hr video with 2 losing trades. They modified their daily profit from five figures down to four. But no losing days! Now they completely wipe the screen of dates, times, bar size and trade execution - there's just a few lines where the trades are supposed to be. I guess they don't want anyone else reverse engineering the piece of crap they're hawking.

Mr. Guillermo mentioned that he purchased their latest bot and can't wait to use it. He got a special deal from TruTrade because he's such a great customer. He advises that you should not expect to get the same great deal he got when you buy the software. In other words, you too can be scammed but you'll pay more than he did. He constantly reminds you how honest he is and doesn't understand the "haters". I guess he's convinced himself anyway.

It's amazing what people think they can get away with.

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

phantomtrader View Post
It's amazing what people think they can get away with.

Isn't this true for 99.98% vendors and educators out there?

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

lightsun47 View Post
Isn't this true for 99.98% vendors and educators out there?

It's hard to say. I'm sure there are a lot of honest traders trying to make a living, maybe teaching and selling something along the way. Any vendor who doesn't give a free trial and verified references is NG from the get-go in my opinion. These guys have zero transparency. They charge everyone a different price based on how much they think they can get away with.
And people don't do their due diligence either, so they're partially to blame for getting trapped.

cmtn0113
Providence RI

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 9

Exactly! The misleadig part is that when you actually use the bot during the cash open like they recommend, the results are drastically worse than they show in the youtube videos. In the videos, they seem to be hand picking obscure times using hindsight when markets trended without any tight ranging (this is impossible to do in real time). Usually markets are choppy and have short volitile reversals which cause the bot to keep stopping out and reversing. They need to also show the bot during these choppy conditions because they never give you any instructions to avoid them (nor could they).

phantomtrader View Post
Below are the basic entry conditions and setup for the strategy. You can't include scaling multiple lots in the wizard without some fancy footwork so it's just trading 1 lot. Typically, they're using a profit target on 2 or 3 lots of 15, 25, 25.
The stop is around 50 ticks.

If you wanted to use the stop and reverse (DRAMM) pieces of crap, you certainly can do that in the ATM strategy - if you're crazy enough to use it. I would not recommend it.

The conditions for actual entry are determined by the clowns - in other words, they predetermine the best magic spot to turn it on using replay and then execute the trades in the video.

My observation is that in general they use the trendlines to determine direction. Then they wait for the 2nd or 3rd pullback to execute the trade.
And that's a fine setup. The scam is that they always know the magic spot to turn the software on or off so that THEY NEVER HAVE A LOSING DAY!

Thanked by:

ntcat 
Land, Earth

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 20

Well,

I have been verbally threatened not to express my experiences with TruTrade because anything negative would be considered slander. Danny told me that TruTrader has a much bigger bank account than me and if I said anything negative about my experiences that he could battle it out in court longer than me. This had me scared shitless for over 3 years, but after talking to a few lawyers as long as I state my opinions about the software, not much can be done. It really does kinda feel like a modern-day mobster company, as long as you do what they tell you to do.. they will try to help you, otherwise, they threaten legal action.

In my opinion and my experiences, it was not a good fit, because I was not experienced enough to trade on my own. As a novice and still learning... after 4 years of trading I would only recommend it if you understand what the bot is doing. It's not a "cash machine" as it was claimed, many times, that anyone can run, you need to be an experienced trader to assume and understand the risks. TruTrade does not tell you the exact strategy the bot is using, but if are an experienced trader, it should be easy to pick up and watch.

I have personally blown out my account several times with this bot, it's just not for me as a novice trader. When I first got the bot, the documentation was very vague and confusing, over the years the documentation got better and better.

In this latest effort over 1 year ago, Danny wanted to give me an upgraded bot, if I made a blind review in favor of TruTrade without using the new bot first. I declined.

Now I have discovered that my account login has been removed and the bot no longer works. This could very well be a glitch, I don't really know, since they are not answering my emails.

I assume the bot was upgraded and they no longer support the bot I bought? In the past, they were very helpful by taking your current purchase and giving you an upgrade, with a small investment, Danny really did aim to help in an effort to make things right.

For me with my trading experiences and novice training, it's not something I would ever recommend to other novice traders.

So if you already know how to trade why would you need the bot? Well, maybe If you're an experienced trader it will make your life easier by identifying the trades to get into. I would never run this software and leave the room to run on its own. I always watched my trades in real-time.

As with any automated bot software use at your own risk.

But I feel that I was burned very badly, but this could be due to my lack of trading knowledge. The did honestly try my very best to follow the guidelines and documentation at the time. For new customers who wish to try out the bot, I am very jealous that the documentation has gotten 300% better. I have not used the bot in over 1 year... still trying to recover and lick my wounds.

Please don't ask how much... It was way too much to talk about in my opinion.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
 Stevenxcel 
Santa Monica, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Global Futures / AMP
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 6

I bought The TruTrade Auto Ripper Pro Reloaded for $12,500 in October 2022. I have been using it daily for 6 months on an APEX evaluation account and I have blown up MANY ACCOUNTS. I have only had a few profitable weeks in 6 months. Hindsight is 20/20 and I wish I had never purchased this product. I have emailed support many many times and they have given me pointers on changing settings but nothing has worked. If you want to contact me I would be glad to talk with you - Stevenxcel.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,217
Thanks Received: 101,608

Stevenxcel View Post
I bought The TruTrade Auto Ripper Pro Reloaded for $12,500 in October 2022. I have been using it daily for 6 months on an APEX evaluation account and I have blown up MANY ACCOUNTS. I have only had a few profitable weeks in 6 months. Hindsight is 20/20 and I wish I had never purchased this product. I have emailed support many many times and they have given me pointers on changing settings but nothing has worked. If you want to contact me I would be glad to talk with you - Stevenxcel.

That hurts man. Ouch.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

I contacted the CFTC a few months ago. I had a lengthy interview with them last month presenting the evidence. This is no guarantee that they'll do anything. This may be well beyond the law and more "buyer beware".
But at least it's on the record.
It may be more of an FTC issue which I intend to pursue. Maybe the IRS? We'll see....

TruTrade and scammer, Guillermo, are still posting only winning days.

I just hope that traders who consider the TruTrade scam do their due diligence and do research i.e. research this board. The membership here is a drop in the bucket compared to what you can potentially lose.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 57,464
Thanks Received: 26,278

Stevenxcel View Post

This is one of the reasons we have a vendor review section -- so traders can share their experiences, and so that, if there is a problem with a vendor offering, others will know of it, hopefully before spending their money and/or losing it in trading.

There are always only a few possibilities with any software or any trading product or system:

1. The system is great, perfect, a sure winner. This is basically never going to happen. Sorry. There may be good ones, but none that will just automatically make you rich. And finding a good one is hard. (Don't ask me how to do it -- I don't know. )

2. The system is no good. This is all too often what most find who try it. Why? Because it's easier to sell traders something than it is to make it good.

3. Some traders may get something from it, some may not. Be careful. This is really important, especially the "be careful" part. Traders have to realize that no one is going to just hand them the keys to riches. Some things will work, some will not, and some may depend on the user, which means that even a great system may not work for you. But the general best rule is not to take anything at face value, and keep your money in your pocket.

I am sorry you lost your money. I hope you don't lose more. I know absolutely nothing about this product, but I know very well about sending some slick talker large amounts of money so I will get rich -- which, like just about everybody else, I have done, and not made any money from it either. But thankfully that was a long time ago, and I learned from it.

The best rule is, don't do that. Maybe this is late advice for you, but don't do it in the future.

I hope you can find your own way to trade. There are people posting here on the forum who may help, but the best you can expect is to get their honest experience. The rest will be up to you.

Good luck, and I mean it.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts