NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading Multiple Accounts - TradeStation

Discussion in TradeStation

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vmodus with 6 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 4 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 planetkill with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kevinkdog with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 planetkill with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vmodus with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 9,102 views
    2. thumb_up 11 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 13 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading Multiple Accounts - TradeStation

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,384
Thanks Received: 10,206

kevinkdog View Post
My 2nd login is for development, so I run delayed data on that.

How do you test multi data strategies then with all delayed doesn't something like data1 = @CL and data2 = @DX say you can't mix data?

vmodus View Post
Thanks. I know this applies to the platform, but I don't know if it applies to data. In other words, is there a 1:1 relationship platform:data feed.

I think @kevinkdog 's response is the answer. We are just trying to work out our topography here without paying a ton of $$ in data fees. Diversification can get expensive

For Tradestation I have two accounts and one device. If I try to login on the mobile app it will force me to logout of the desktop version because that would be two devices. (I used the to have a second login, and like Kevin it was all delayed data.)
For Trading Technologies I have 6 accounts at two different FCMs. All still one login / device though. Again if I try to login on the mobile app it will force me to logout of the desktop version because that would be two devices.

vmodus View Post
We have two logins. I think we have worked it out.

Live trading:
We will trade both main and sub account from the VM, with the data we need, on the main TradeStation login .

Development/Testing:
We will use the second login (and probably a third, since there are two of us here), with delayed data, for development, test, optimization, et al.

I think you mentioned somewhere before that you are trading within an LLC and hence subject to professional data fees? If so you may want to look into the CME Member Pay-Per-User, which allows you to have multiple devices for the same subscription fee. You need to be a member though, but you can lease a CBOT-B4 (IDEM) seat for about $20 month (which would make you a member). If you do this, may want to check whether being a member effects your tax status in anyway.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

SMCJB View Post
How do you test multi data strategies then with all delayed doesn't something like data1 = @CL and data2 = @DX say you can't mix data?

For Tradestation I have two accounts and one device. If I try to login on the mobile app it will force me to logout of the desktop version because that would be two devices. (I used the to have a second login, and like Kevin it was all delayed data.)
For Trading Technologies I have 6 accounts at two different FCMs. All still one login / device though. Again if I try to login on the mobile app it will force me to logout of the desktop version because that would be two devices.

I think you mentioned somewhere before that you are trading within an LLC and hence subject to professional data fees? If so you may want to look into the CME Member Pay-Per-User, which allows you to have multiple devices for the same subscription fee. You need to be a member though, but you can lease a CBOT-B4 (IDEM) seat for about $20 month (which would make you a member). If you do this, may want to check whether being a member effects your tax status in anyway.

Thanks, this is super helpful info! We (wife and I) were discussing seat license last night, as I was looking at our trade volume for the week. We will dig into this deeper and see if this will work for us.

Thanks and have a good weekend!

~vmodus

Enjoy everything!
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 306

Typical recommendation would be to wait longer before committing to that expense.

I dislike the naming, seat license. The reality nowadays is committing to about $300 per month for lower exchange side per order fees. That price level doesn't even grant you access to the floor, or any "seat".
vmodus View Post
Thanks, this is super helpful info! We (wife and I) were discussing seat license last night, as I was looking at our trade volume for the week. We will dig into this deeper and see if this will work for us.

Thanks and have a good weekend!

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,384
Thanks Received: 10,206

vmodus View Post

The problem with the seats is that CME is considered to be multiple exchanges so having a seat only gives you the discount on certain contracts. They've even split COMEX and NYMEX into different exchanges now.

planetkill View Post
Typical recommendation would be to wait longer before committing to that expense.

There is an upfront transfer fee ($2000?) so you do need to be committed. But for many trades they pay for their lease many times over each month. I pay for my NYMEX seat almost every day!

planetkill View Post
I dislike the naming, seat license. The reality nowadays is committing to about $300 per month for lower exchange side per order fees. That price level doesn't even grant you access to the floor, or any "seat".

You are correct. But when there were trading privilege's attached to the seats the seats were 20x the price! And of course the only floor still open is Eurodollar Options. Everything else is shut.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 25, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts