NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

New Computer Build

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vmodus with 6 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two Devil Man with 6 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kirkvan with 5 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 josh with 4 posts (19 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 4.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 4.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Devil Man with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 hyperscalper with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 26,160 views
    2. thumb_up 184 thanks given
    3. group 381 followers
    1. forum 110 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

New Computer Build

handsomeFella
New York, New York

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I use IRT and bookmap.

Prioritize RAM > processing speed > graphics

Your platforms with all of your charts and your browser tabs will run through your ram quick. I have 32gb and I'm usually at ~50% utilization

Graphics card isnt that important. Bookmap is the primary eater and rtx 2080 super is overkill even w a pair of 43in ultrawide monitors and a vertical 27in. Bookmap mayb pushes the card to 10%

Macro buttons are phenomenal to have hence the streamdeck xl and gaming keyboard + mouse.

Low latency internet connection is the first thing to invest in, even over an upgraded system.

After that an UPS (uninterruptible power supply) is a major key.

After that, screen real estate.

After that, ergonomics (sit stand desk, keyboard tray, desk chair, etc.)

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 roztom 
Chicago, IL. USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IRT, Bookmap
Broker: Rithmic MBO Data
Trading: ES/NQ/Volume Profile
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 96

I run IRT & Bookmap with Rithmic Data. I also run 4 1080p monitors. I built my computer a number of years ago and it is having a hard time keeping up especially since switching from IQ Feed to Rithmic for MBO data. MY Cpu is I7 - 2600 @3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, 225K SSD, etc.

When things are rocking my CPU will hit over 50% utilization. For a while I was having a lot of latency with Rithmic but it turned out that my CPU temp was going to over 90 Deg and throttling. I added a air cooler and now I run around 40-50 deg and might touch 60 deg if under stress.

Bookmap uses a lot of CPU resources. I am considering upgrading my computer since I trade very actively and sometimes I get bursts of 1-2 sec latency usually on the open/close/reports and fast market conditions. Also, if I resize my Bookmap screens to scroll in more data - everything recalculates and it freezes everything for a second or two. Most of the time, I work around it but it is an added disturbance to my trading universe.

I do agree that the nature and time frame you trade in is really important. Of all the things that make a successful trader, if your computer is aligned with your style and timeframe/contextual needs, put your effort/$ resources elsewhere.

Regards,

Tom

Trading Is A Journey of Self-Discovery, Not A Destination.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

handsomeFella View Post

Low latency internet connection is the first thing to invest in, even over an upgraded system.

Very nice battle station. I am not a discretionary trader (algo/automated), but you described some of the reasons we moved our live trading to a virtual machine recently (Azure). It checks these boxes:
  • Completely configurable (CPU, RAM, disk, network, etc.)
  • Low latency internet with redundancy
  • UPS
  • Multiple displays
I would add a redundant internet connection to your current configuration, but that's just me. In our case, it is comforting to know that our algos are not affected during a power outage or internet disruption.

handsomeFella View Post
Macro buttons are phenomenal to have hence the streamdeck xl and gaming keyboard + mouse.

I like the Stream Deck XL, though I don't own one (yet). I looked at it and the X-Keys XK-24 a couple weeks ago, and if I ever do any discretionary trade I will probably get the Stream Deck. I program my own macros using AutoHotKey (AHK), but for trading I would use an extra controller like yours. Lovely piece of hardware.

~vmodus

Enjoy everything!
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

handsomeFella View Post
I use IRT and bookmap.

Your platforms with all of your charts and your browser tabs will run through your ram quick. I have 32gb and I'm usually at ~50% utilization

Graphics card isnt that important. Bookmap is the primary eater and rtx 2080 super is overkill even w a pair of 43in ultrawide monitors and a vertical 27in. Bookmap mayb pushes the card to 10%

After that, ergonomics (sit stand desk, keyboard tray, desk chair, etc.)Attachment 303433

i think your computer requirements , data feed , and internet speed depends on the time frame your trading . i went from day trading to swing trading to avoid a lot of the expediencies of trading. high end computer set up , commission and slippage , IQ data feed, news wire , holy grail domes , heat map, ,foot print charting , super high speed internet and over trading . just some thing to think about . hope it helps

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 jbover 
Des Moines, Iowa/USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Jigsaw, RTraderPro, NT8
Broker: Edge Clear, Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM, RTY, MES
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 18

I have really enjoyed reading through this thread, I find myself nodding along and agreeing with almost everybody. We all have different circumstances, views, markets we follow, budgets, and software we use. I am not super sophisticated, to give perspective, I execute all my trades through Jigsaw Daytradr – it is the fastest most reliable full featured DOM I have found. I also run RTraderPro and NT8 for charts. I trade ES, NQ, YM and RTY, as well as their associated Micros.

Full disclosure, I am a tech junkie so, I do not have a problem spending my money (not blow my money, research and spend wisely) on the latest fashion, and trying out the bleeding edge – within reason. Quite honestly, trading is my excuse to buy cool equipment. A lot of what I have to say I have heard iterated in this thread so; I might repeat a few things - bear with me. That said, it has taken many years to draw these conclusions and thusly slowly acquire the needed equipment. Equipment is always evolving and my thoughts about it are also. I believe you need to have the basics covered first, and then you start to build your machine, basics such as (you will notice a theme of two here):

1. First, and foremost a fast internet connection with low latency (ideally fiber). Then double it with a different provider, so it is redundant (DSL or equivalent would suffice, that way you have a back-up if one fails and a way to exit trades). I even have a third connection through a USB connected jetpack, if things really go south (I have only used it twice in 10 years, it has paid for itself in both situations). Related, I always have an extra modem and router on hand, that way when one eventually goes out, I do not have to wait two days for Amazon to send me a new one.
2. Second, a UPS (maybe two) large enough to power all your equipment for at least 30 minutes or so (your modems, computers, and monitors).
3. Third, use two computers, the first one is more of a pedestrian model, i7, i9, Ryzen type workstation to run your charts, check email, surf, basic office stuff, etc. (most of the computers outlined in this post will work – I personally use an Dell XPS 15 7590 Laptop, i7-9750H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GTX 1650 4GB, Windows Professional). This serves as a back-up if the trading computer fails and you need to exit a position. My second computer is my hot rod, this is what I execute my trades on (day in, day out) - it should be very stable, fast, built for low latency, and be dedicated to trading (almost no other software but your execution platform should be installed, do not allow web surfing, email, etc. on this computer).
4. Lastly, in the spirit of redundancy I have two different data feeds (Rithmic and CQG). Rithmic is my main and CQG is my back-up. If one goes down, I can follow the markets and have not lost touch with what is going on in the world.

The rest of this post will be dedicated to the specs of the computer I use to execute my trades on (speed is everything when getting in and out of trades), as the charting computer I use is pretty basic and explained above.

Processor - I use a single Xeon W-2245 (8 core) processor. Ideally run a multi-core Xeon based processor (as many cores as you can afford, many traders I know use 12). The math problem is more cores = less power per core = less required cooling. This is the heart of your system so do not skimp. Speed without sacrificing stability is the key to winning the order entry/exit race here. The Xeon family of processors allows for multiple Xeons to be in a computer. The highest end Xeon has 28 cores in it (I think) so using dual high-end Xeon processors “could” provide up to 56 cores of processing power in one workstation. i7, i9 and Ryzen processors cannot even come close to that. Liquid cooling does cool better, but think about it, why is it added? It is added if the processor is overheating, running overclocked (basically running faster than it is designed for). Extra cooling is something system builders will do, to boost performance of a less expensive (capable) processor – i.e. like when an i7, i9 or Ryzen is used. The trade-off here is processor stability and longevity. The reason for this is that those processor families can only have one processor in a computer at a time. If more performance is needed overclocking is the only answer; and keeping it cool requires the addition of liquid cooling. This is sort of like adding a turbocharger to a car engine to get more power from a smaller engine (you can run it for short burst periods, but it is not a long-term performance solution). IMO adding the requirement of liquid cooling is adding one more thing to maintain. Paraphrasing - Why not put your money towards the fastest, reliable V8 you can afford in lieu of a turbo charged 4 cylinder!

Side bar – There is a reason servers run Xeons. They are typically on 24/7 and cannot afford to slow down or go down. A good trading computer should be on 24/7 gathering volume data for analysis when needed, or if you leave positions open overnight. As mentioned above multiprocessor workstations that run Xeons do not need to overclock the CPU to get more power. Xeon system builders just add another Xeon to the system board in the design to gain twice as much processing power. This is always a future option if you start with one of these processors (one should be more than enough for most traders). This is not an option with the other previously mentioned processors. While workstations normally max out at 2 Xeon processors, PC type server models can have up to 4 of them. Mini and Mainframe computers can have dozens of them. The result (because overclocking is not needed), is a bullet proof system. I use a Lenovo Thinkstation P520 chassis running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and have added all my components from there. You could easily build it yourself, but I have always felt that the engineers that do this for a living from HP, Dell, or Lenovo know what they are doing. Plus, the name brands give you, piece of mind on the build, a decent warranty (I’ve have had a SSD go out before), and easier parts replacement/service if you have problems.

Graphics cards - I use a single Nvidia Quadro RTX4000 8GB, it can run 4 x 4K displays. It has 3 DisplayPort 1.4 and 1 USB-C connections on back, but those could be adapted down to HDMI if needed. HDMI is a slower graphical interface than DisplayPort. So, the key take away here is make sure you have a monitor that accepts a DisplayPort connection for the lowest latency. Also make sure your DisplayPort cable is 1.4 or supports 4K at 144Hz minimum. I only use 1 monitor on this machine anyway so there is lots of room leftover for expansion.

Monitor – I use the 43-inch Acer Predator CG7. I pose the question, what good is spending money on a fast system, if the monitor cannot relay the information to you just as quickly. That is the reason for the DisplayPort 1.4 cables (this is the fastest way to get information to your monitor). This monitor has a quick response time of 1 millisecond. Stay away from monitors with a response time of over 4 milliseconds. This monitor supports 3840x2160 at 120Hz and can be overclocked to 144Hz using 2 – 1.4 DisplayPort cables and a Graphics card that can support it. I am pretty sure I only get 120Hz out of the single graphics card I am using. But if I add a second card and a bridge (my case can handle it) I should be able to achieve 144Hz on the display (this is my next equipment experiment). Basically, 4K TV’s are cool, but they are slow (you will be lucky to get less than 6ms lag out of a 4K high end TV). So, do not spend $1K+ on a TV, get a decent monitor. If money is tight you can always go smaller and array your monitors. Make sure to figure in a monitor stand to accommodate your set-up. You might also need to add a software like DisplayFusion to organize the content on multiple displays.

RAM - I have 32GB of DDR4 2933MHz ECC. I have decided through trial and error that 32GB works best – not too much, not too little.

A single SSD hard drive is all you need. SSD is fast and way better than the spinning hard disk of years past. 512MB is probably large enough, but several of the manufacturers throw larger sizes out when you buy a higher spec’d machine. I have a 1TB NVMe PCI SSD.

Other stuff to consider, use a network card capable of 1000Mbps or a 1Gigabit per second. Do not use a wireless connection, these are prone to interference, poor reception, and obviously other over the air problems. Make sure to use an ethernet cable that can handle the speed as well – CAT6 or CAT6A should suffice. The same goes for your mouse and keyboard. Use only a wired mouse and keyboard, you do not want to run the risk of something interfering with you Bluetooth or wi-fi signal (or a battery going dead when you are trying to exit a position).

I also use a software called Veeam to back everything up every four or so hours to an external 4TB drive. Not required, but it offers piece of mind if you have a drive go out.

I hope this all makes sense, I am sure I missed something, but that is most of the major stuff.

Enjoy.

sienna 
Melbourne, Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage
Trading: Many
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 274
Thanks Received: 123

Jbover,

Thanks for your long and detailed post !.

Am not a tech-head, but my 2014 built PC is slowing down. So thanks for any feedback you might be able to give: I run NT8 only (with 10 charts up per workspace plus 4 - 6 instruments per chart in the tab section). Have 2-3 workspaces open at a time. Given that I only use NT8, what number of Cores would be reasonable, to ensure stability and speed, in terms of the XEON and what about the motherboard?

Thanks.

redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 426

jbover View Post
I have really enjoyed reading through this thread, I find myself nodding along and agreeing with almost everybody. We all have different circumstances, views, markets we follow, budgets, and software we use. I am not super sophisticated, to give perspective, I execute all my trades through Jigsaw Daytradr – it is the fastest most reliable full featured DOM I have found. I also run RTraderPro and NT8 for charts. I trade ES, NQ, YM and RTY, as well as their associated Micros.

Full disclosure, I am a tech junkie so, I do not have a problem spending my money (not blow my money, research and spend wisely) on the latest fashion, and trying out the bleeding edge – within reason. Quite honestly, trading is my excuse to buy cool equipment. A lot of what I have to say I have heard iterated in this thread so; I might repeat a few things - bear with me. That said, it has taken many years to draw these conclusions and thusly slowly acquire the needed equipment. Equipment is always evolving and my thoughts about it are also. I believe you need to have the basics covered first, and then you start to build your machine, basics such as (you will notice a theme of two here):

1. First, and foremost a fast internet connection with low latency (ideally fiber). Then double it with a different provider, so it is redundant (DSL or equivalent would suffice, that way you have a back-up if one fails and a way to exit trades). I even have a third connection through a USB connected jetpack, if things really go south (I have only used it twice in 10 years, it has paid for itself in both situations). Related, I always have an extra modem and router on hand, that way when one eventually goes out, I do not have to wait two days for Amazon to send me a new one.
2. Second, a UPS (maybe two) large enough to power all your equipment for at least 30 minutes or so (your modems, computers, and monitors).
3. Third, use two computers, the first one is more of a pedestrian model, i7, i9, Ryzen type workstation to run your charts, check email, surf, basic office stuff, etc. (most of the computers outlined in this post will work – I personally use an Dell XPS 15 7590 Laptop, i7-9750H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GTX 1650 4GB, Windows Professional). This serves as a back-up if the trading computer fails and you need to exit a position. My second computer is my hot rod, this is what I execute my trades on (day in, day out) - it should be very stable, fast, built for low latency, and be dedicated to trading (almost no other software but your execution platform should be installed, do not allow web surfing, email, etc. on this computer).
4. Lastly, in the spirit of redundancy I have two different data feeds (Rithmic and CQG). Rithmic is my main and CQG is my back-up. If one goes down, I can follow the markets and have not lost touch with what is going on in the world.

The rest of this post will be dedicated to the specs of the computer I use to execute my trades on (speed is everything when getting in and out of trades), as the charting computer I use is pretty basic and explained above.

Processor - I use a single Xeon W-2245 (8 core) processor. Ideally run a multi-core Xeon based processor (as many cores as you can afford, many traders I know use 12). The math problem is more cores = less power per core = less required cooling. This is the heart of your system so do not skimp. Speed without sacrificing stability is the key to winning the order entry/exit race here. The Xeon family of processors allows for multiple Xeons to be in a computer. The highest end Xeon has 28 cores in it (I think) so using dual high-end Xeon processors “could” provide up to 56 cores of processing power in one workstation. i7, i9 and Ryzen processors cannot even come close to that. Liquid cooling does cool better, but think about it, why is it added? It is added if the processor is overheating, running overclocked (basically running faster than it is designed for). Extra cooling is something system builders will do, to boost performance of a less expensive (capable) processor – i.e. like when an i7, i9 or Ryzen is used. The trade-off here is processor stability and longevity. The reason for this is that those processor families can only have one processor in a computer at a time. If more performance is needed overclocking is the only answer; and keeping it cool requires the addition of liquid cooling. This is sort of like adding a turbocharger to a car engine to get more power from a smaller engine (you can run it for short burst periods, but it is not a long-term performance solution). IMO adding the requirement of liquid cooling is adding one more thing to maintain. Paraphrasing - Why not put your money towards the fastest, reliable V8 you can afford in lieu of a turbo charged 4 cylinder!

Side bar – There is a reason servers run Xeons. They are typically on 24/7 and cannot afford to slow down or go down. A good trading computer should be on 24/7 gathering volume data for analysis when needed, or if you leave positions open overnight. As mentioned above multiprocessor workstations that run Xeons do not need to overclock the CPU to get more power. Xeon system builders just add another Xeon to the system board in the design to gain twice as much processing power. This is always a future option if you start with one of these processors (one should be more than enough for most traders). This is not an option with the other previously mentioned processors. While workstations normally max out at 2 Xeon processors, PC type server models can have up to 4 of them. Mini and Mainframe computers can have dozens of them. The result (because overclocking is not needed), is a bullet proof system. I use a Lenovo Thinkstation P520 chassis running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and have added all my components from there. You could easily build it yourself, but I have always felt that the engineers that do this for a living from HP, Dell, or Lenovo know what they are doing. Plus, the name brands give you, piece of mind on the build, a decent warranty (I’ve have had a SSD go out before), and easier parts replacement/service if you have problems.

Graphics cards - I use a single Nvidia Quadro RTX4000 8GB, it can run 4 x 4K displays. It has 3 DisplayPort 1.4 and 1 USB-C connections on back, but those could be adapted down to HDMI if needed. HDMI is a slower graphical interface than DisplayPort. So, the key take away here is make sure you have a monitor that accepts a DisplayPort connection for the lowest latency. Also make sure your DisplayPort cable is 1.4 or supports 4K at 144Hz minimum. I only use 1 monitor on this machine anyway so there is lots of room leftover for expansion.

Monitor – I use the 43-inch Acer Predator CG7. I pose the question, what good is spending money on a fast system, if the monitor cannot relay the information to you just as quickly. That is the reason for the DisplayPort 1.4 cables (this is the fastest way to get information to your monitor). This monitor has a quick response time of 1 millisecond. Stay away from monitors with a response time of over 4 milliseconds. This monitor supports 3840x2160 at 120Hz and can be overclocked to 144Hz using 2 – 1.4 DisplayPort cables and a Graphics card that can support it. I am pretty sure I only get 120Hz out of the single graphics card I am using. But if I add a second card and a bridge (my case can handle it) I should be able to achieve 144Hz on the display (this is my next equipment experiment). Basically, 4K TV’s are cool, but they are slow (you will be lucky to get less than 6ms lag out of a 4K high end TV). So, do not spend $1K+ on a TV, get a decent monitor. If money is tight you can always go smaller and array your monitors. Make sure to figure in a monitor stand to accommodate your set-up. You might also need to add a software like DisplayFusion to organize the content on multiple displays.

RAM - I have 32GB of DDR4 2933MHz ECC. I have decided through trial and error that 32GB works best – not too much, not too little.

A single SSD hard drive is all you need. SSD is fast and way better than the spinning hard disk of years past. 512MB is probably large enough, but several of the manufacturers throw larger sizes out when you buy a higher spec’d machine. I have a 1TB NVMe PCI SSD.

Other stuff to consider, use a network card capable of 1000Mbps or a 1Gigabit per second. Do not use a wireless connection, these are prone to interference, poor reception, and obviously other over the air problems. Make sure to use an ethernet cable that can handle the speed as well – CAT6 or CAT6A should suffice. The same goes for your mouse and keyboard. Use only a wired mouse and keyboard, you do not want to run the risk of something interfering with you Bluetooth or wi-fi signal (or a battery going dead when you are trying to exit a position).

I also use a software called Veeam to back everything up every four or so hours to an external 4TB drive. Not required, but it offers piece of mind if you have a drive go out.

I hope this all makes sense, I am sure I missed something, but that is most of the major stuff.

Enjoy.

Great info! I really appreciated your advice on the specs for the 43in monitor! I have had to work around the lag of my 43in 4k TV (used as monitor), you have brought useful info for selecting the next step up. My TV has just been a inexpensive stepping stone.

Internet speed??? Well, out here in the rural woods of Montana, we were blessed when the speed went from 3meg up to 10. It does still work. One thing is for sure, make the tools that you have at your disposal work, and then when you get upgrades, you have "died and gone to heaven"! Much faster than my old 18k that I had back in 1999!

Thanks again!

ck00
Los Angeles

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

jbover View Post

Enjoy.

Nice set up you’ve got there. I may go for Xeon in future; always liked the concept. My understanding on maximizing Use of multiple cores is hugely reliant upon the software’s use/need for multiple cores, no? I trade on thinkorswim as well as TradeStation platforms - don’t think either of those are written to take advantage of mulri-core architecture but I could be mistaken. Since you’re a a techy here’s a summary of my current setup:

Lenovo ThinkVision P44w-10 (ultra wide monitor connected via miniDP)
Lenovo ThinkStation P330 Tiny (W10 pro os)
-i9-9900T, ~4.4ghz, 8 cores, 16mb cache
-32GB DDR4 2666MHz ram
-Nvidia Quadro P1000 4GB GPU
-1TB SSD PCIe-NVME, M.2

Newly purchased back in May, really loving the small form factor aesthetic. I recommend the thinkstation brand for any workstation needs; this system is dedicated solely for trading and runs excellent.

Thanked by:
tarzan2
San Jose CA

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 4

Vidda View Post
This is going to hurt people. But reality check

This thread has became a battle of ego power on computer knowledge.

Let's go down to the basic. As much as I want to recommend a decent machine or beast. Trading is about making money. If you are safely making money consistently. Invest in a beast and nothing will go wrong with a powerful system that you do not want to crash when you have alot of contracts on the skin. I know I cannot imagine if that happens to me for one. Each crash will cost you more money than you can imagine. If you are not there yet? It does not matter what machine you are using. Trade demo on a laptop for 1 instrument. It will not crash even if you are using a few years old system. I was using a i7 back from 2013 16gb ram. Hook to a 29inch monitor. It's perfect. My entry and exit is the thing I want to invest. When I am making consistent money. Buying a $3k system is no brainer.

People are too hang up with gadgets and stuff.. progress as you grow. Even the best tools will never bring you the money. Yes a little abit of edge on speed. But hack 1 contract will not make big difference. Once u hit a few contracts on high speed trading. Then it's a must. Get single thread i910900k. Data feed come in on single thread. You need it to compute fast to reach you eyes. If you are fast in reaction. It will help with all this. If you trade without being alert most of the time. You do not need this. I am saying if you are a high speed high contracts trader. If you are swing trader or slow trader. Get a normal PC you will be fine. Save the money for better things in life. That's why we are trading! Make money for things we all thought want.

Really all depends on who you are. Everyone comment here trades different markets and experience.

I just want to be very direct with you. So you will not waste money. Only you will know who you are. Hope I had shred some light for you.

Thank you for the excellent explanation and I do understand

soumen
Dhaka Bangladesh

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

I have a software background and always enjoy people talking about hardware as I don't feel very knowledgeable about hardware although I have come across some real hardware junkies that can pretty much build a computer from scratch. Anyway, I also have programming background and know the basics but no idea about about program trading. It seems that the article I read about high frequency trading and algos running during the trading have come alive. My approach to trading is more philosophical.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 30, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts