NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Tradovate - Im trading Micro E-Mini Futures - Do I need "Market Internals" data feed?

Discussion in Tradovate

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ahrink with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two forestcall with 3 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Keab with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Wschneidertrade with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one forestcall with 7.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Yeuts with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Wschneidertrade with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 16,222 views
    2. thumb_up 29 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 23 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Tradovate - Im trading Micro E-Mini Futures - Do I need "Market Internals" data feed?

Keab 
London UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart/Prorealtime
Broker: Sierra Chart/prorealtime
Trading: SandP futures
Thanks Given: 122
Thanks Received: 316

xplorer View Post
ahrink

I don't know about others but I find to interpret the meaning of your posts extremely difficult.

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

You are not using Google Translate to post, are you?

I think I can help. They're talking bollocks .

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
43 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 ahrink 
Park Ridge IL

Platform: NT,MC,Andromeda,R Trader
Broker: Optimus, CQG, AMP
Trading: NQ,CL,FX

xplorer View Post
ahrink

I don't know about others but I find to interpret the meaning of your posts extremely difficult.

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

You are not using Google Translate to post, are you?

… it means trading with a small account – micro/s will take you for a ride on risk [check brokers] 2k account maybe allowed. However, I still believe micro/s are good to live-test some ingredients for automating trading. Forbidden to mention a #robot eg AHR123.
Direction? Small account→micro→afterBT == probe the risk
- afterBT means after back testing! [do you back test an automation?]

AHR=alien, [and so, one doesn’t belong on earth] almost a robot. :0) so it is a metaphor. If you add to it sarcasm, it is all nuts! Nuts is a loop that never ends.

My best for today, happy trading.
AHR20200803

PS: Al Brooks

AHR: what is a #datestamp? 20200405

AHR: NQ looks sarcastic today 20200803.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 ahrink 
Park Ridge IL

Platform: NT,MC,Andromeda,R Trader
Broker: Optimus, CQG, AMP
Trading: NQ,CL,FX

Keab View Post
I think I can help. They're talking bollocks .

… charge [:0)] would I spell that chaaaaaaarge?

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
eXplozion
Reggio Emilia, Italy

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

forestcall View Post
Inside the actual trading tool there is a setting to pay $10 to connect to Tradingview + $13 for MES/MQN or ES/QN.
Check out "Matt Trades" on Youtube and he has a daily stream using Tradovate. He has a few vids that show you how to add the indicators he uses which will give you a quick training. I dont use the Indicators he uses but I found the video helpful. You need to pay $10 to utilize the TradingView connection but after you pay you can use it in Simulation mode.

I can not put it into words why having both Tradovate and TradingView at the same time helps me with my win ratio. But between the 2 tools, I can visualize volume better and I can make $5-$15 profits with small scalps. Whereas when I go with longer trades I have a much greater chance of having a loss. I don't think my scalp technique is very sex at all, in fact it is rather barbaric. But in a solid 3-4 hours of trading, I can make $700-$1000. One thing I will say about this scalping strategy is I have to turn off all distractions. I cant have any chat sounds, I turn my phone off and lock my home office door so my kids dont come in. Any distractions and I lose money. Nothing about my process is sexy but at the end of the day I can pay the bills.

Thank you for you input! Very useful

adii800
Santa Clara + California/USA

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 5

forestcall View Post
Tradovate - I'm trading Micro E-Mini Futures - Do I need "Market Internals" data feed?

Is this related to Indicators?

It is only $7 so not an issue. But do I need it?

Thanks!

I haven't personally used tradovate before but I think you should definitely check out market internals. One can build strategies composing solely of market internals which give leading signals for the ES.

SpeculatorSeth   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1,018

You don't "need" it. The tick index can make a pretty effective oscillator, but there's lots of technical oscillators to trade with. I did some simple backtesting on it and you can get break even with it and a super smoother. Overall though it's just like any other technical strategy. Useful, but not really predictive. Lagging even.

I stopped getting it and moved back over to Rithmic for the increased number of levels on the level2.

salander 
orlando+florida/unitedstates

Platform: TS, TOS
Broker: TS, TDA, TW
Trading: Micros, Options
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 5

forestcall View Post
I am happy with Tradovate. What I do is scalp 90% of the trades. I make 75% of my income from Micro Futures day trading and the other 25% I day trade stocks.

The data feeds are 50% cheaper than Kinetick or other data feed companies.

What I do is connect TradingView to Tradovate and I have 1 monitor for Tradovate and the 2nd monitor with Tradingview. I like to have as much visual data as possible for making trades. Recently I started using BookMap on a 3rd monitor which combined with 3 monitors my loss has been less than $100 each day. Currently, during these turbulent times, I set Tradovate to stop trading when I have earned $700 after losses. I prefer to go closer to $1k profit daily but my losses are higher. The cool thing about linking TradingView and Tradovate is when I open a trade on Tradovate I can see the open trade on TradingView as well. I use Brackets with Tradovate which keeps my losses to less than $10 per trade. When I win, which is 90% I only pay for the extra bracket fees so I calculate how much I need to scalp so I earn at least $5 per scalp after fees. Some days I scalp about 120 contracts in order to hit my daily mandatory figure and Tradovate + TradingView allows me to get lost in the trading and even though there are a lot of fees the Tradovate interface allows me to automate elements like brackets and cutting me off when I reach my profit. I felt that with NinjaTrader 8, I was not able to automate as many of these features. The BEST part of Tradovate is it is primarily browser-based which means all my settings, indicators, layouts are all stored in the Cloud. I can trade from my wifes travel laptop for example. Heck, I even traded on a Chromebook.

Sorry, that was kind of lengthy, I hope that answers your questions.

I'm looking for a browser based platform so this Tradingview/Tradovate combination sounds interesting. Have you used their volume profile indicators and have you found the data to be accurate?

awesomizer 
Portage, MI

Platform: Bookmap, Tradingview
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 219
Thanks Received: 63

forestcall View Post
I am happy with Tradovate. What I do is scalp 90% of the trades. I make 75% of my income from Micro Futures day trading and the other 25% I day trade stocks.

What I do is connect TradingView to Tradovate and I have 1 monitor for Tradovate and the 2nd monitor with Tradingview. I like to have as much visual data as possible for making trades. Recently I started using BookMap on a 3rd monitor which combined with 3 monitors my loss has been less than $100 each day. Currently, during these turbulent times, I set Tradovate to stop trading when I have earned $700 after losses. I prefer to go closer to $1k profit daily but my losses are higher. The cool thing about linking TradingView and Tradovate is when I open a trade on Tradovate I can see the open trade on TradingView as well. I use Brackets with Tradovate which keeps my losses to less than $10 per trade. When I win, which is 90% I only pay for the extra bracket fees so I calculate how much I need to scalp so I earn at least $5 per scalp after fees. Some days I scalp about 120 contracts in order to hit my daily mandatory figure and Tradovate + TradingView allows me to get lost in the trading and even though there are a lot of fees the Tradovate interface allows me to automate elements like brackets and cutting me off when I reach my profit. I felt that with NinjaTrader 8, I was not able to automate as many of these features. The BEST part of Tradovate is it is primarily browser-based which means all my settings, indicators, layouts are all stored in the Cloud. I can trade from my wifes travel laptop for example. Heck, I even traded on a Chromebook.

are you still trading like this?

carsten103 
jacksonville florida

Experience: Beginner
Platform: tradingview
Trading: options
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I posted on the forum but saw that this one is more specific. Ialso trade on Tradovate using Tradingview. I had a quick question for you all. I know that in FX the spreads widen at 5 pm EST. Nothing crazy, but they widen. This past week I was trading NKD on Tradingview paper trading account and I had 8 contracts for a floating loss of $4,150. When 5 pm hit on Friday the loss sky rocketed to $115,000! I am not new to trading, but I am new to Futures. Do end of day spreads really widen to such a ridiculous amount ? When I looked at the loss again today it was back to $4,150.

Have you ever experienced anything close to this or is it simply a glitch ?

Thanks for taking the time top read and (hopefully) respond.

Thanks!

JulioC
HOUSTON

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks Received: 3

forestcall View Post

Do you have the commission free trading plan?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Last Updated on November 12, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts