NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Tradovate - Im trading Micro E-Mini Futures - Do I need "Market Internals" data feed?

Discussion in Tradovate

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one forestcall with 3 posts (23 thanks)
    2. looks_two ahrink with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Keab with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Wschneidertrade with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one forestcall with 7.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Yeuts with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Wschneidertrade with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 16,401 views
    2. thumb_up 29 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 23 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Tradovate - Im trading Micro E-Mini Futures - Do I need "Market Internals" data feed?

Keab 
London UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart/Prorealtime
Broker: Sierra Chart/prorealtime
Trading: SandP futures
Thanks Given: 123
Thanks Received: 316

xplorer View Post
ahrink

I don't know about others but I find to interpret the meaning of your posts extremely difficult.

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

You are not using Google Translate to post, are you?

I think I can help. They're talking bollocks .

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

ahrink 
Park Ridge IL

Platform: NT,MC,Andromeda,R Trader
Broker: Optimus, CQG, AMP
Trading: NQ,CL,FX

xplorer View Post
ahrink

I don't know about others but I find to interpret the meaning of your posts extremely difficult.

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

You are not using Google Translate to post, are you?

… it means trading with a small account – micro/s will take you for a ride on risk [check brokers] 2k account maybe allowed. However, I still believe micro/s are good to live-test some ingredients for automating trading. Forbidden to mention a #robot eg AHR123.
Direction? Small account→micro→afterBT == probe the risk
- afterBT means after back testing! [do you back test an automation?]

AHR=alien, [and so, one doesn’t belong on earth] almost a robot. :0) so it is a metaphor. If you add to it sarcasm, it is all nuts! Nuts is a loop that never ends.

My best for today, happy trading.
AHR20200803

PS: Al Brooks

AHR: what is a #datestamp? 20200405

AHR: NQ looks sarcastic today 20200803.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 ahrink 
Park Ridge IL

Platform: NT,MC,Andromeda,R Trader
Broker: Optimus, CQG, AMP
Trading: NQ,CL,FX

Keab View Post
I think I can help. They're talking bollocks .

… charge [:0)] would I spell that chaaaaaaarge?

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
eXplozion
Reggio Emilia, Italy

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

forestcall View Post
Inside the actual trading tool there is a setting to pay $10 to connect to Tradingview + $13 for MES/MQN or ES/QN.
Check out "Matt Trades" on Youtube and he has a daily stream using Tradovate. He has a few vids that show you how to add the indicators he uses which will give you a quick training. I dont use the Indicators he uses but I found the video helpful. You need to pay $10 to utilize the TradingView connection but after you pay you can use it in Simulation mode.

I can not put it into words why having both Tradovate and TradingView at the same time helps me with my win ratio. But between the 2 tools, I can visualize volume better and I can make $5-$15 profits with small scalps. Whereas when I go with longer trades I have a much greater chance of having a loss. I don't think my scalp technique is very sex at all, in fact it is rather barbaric. But in a solid 3-4 hours of trading, I can make $700-$1000. One thing I will say about this scalping strategy is I have to turn off all distractions. I cant have any chat sounds, I turn my phone off and lock my home office door so my kids dont come in. Any distractions and I lose money. Nothing about my process is sexy but at the end of the day I can pay the bills.

Thank you for you input! Very useful

adii800
Santa Clara + California/USA

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 5

forestcall View Post
Tradovate - I'm trading Micro E-Mini Futures - Do I need "Market Internals" data feed?

Is this related to Indicators?

It is only $7 so not an issue. But do I need it?

Thanks!

I haven't personally used tradovate before but I think you should definitely check out market internals. One can build strategies composing solely of market internals which give leading signals for the ES.

SpeculatorSeth   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1,018

You don't "need" it. The tick index can make a pretty effective oscillator, but there's lots of technical oscillators to trade with. I did some simple backtesting on it and you can get break even with it and a super smoother. Overall though it's just like any other technical strategy. Useful, but not really predictive. Lagging even.

I stopped getting it and moved back over to Rithmic for the increased number of levels on the level2.

salander 
orlando+florida/unitedstates

Platform: TS, TOS
Broker: TS, TDA, TW
Trading: Micros, Options
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 5

forestcall View Post
I am happy with Tradovate. What I do is scalp 90% of the trades. I make 75% of my income from Micro Futures day trading and the other 25% I day trade stocks.

The data feeds are 50% cheaper than Kinetick or other data feed companies.

What I do is connect TradingView to Tradovate and I have 1 monitor for Tradovate and the 2nd monitor with Tradingview. I like to have as much visual data as possible for making trades. Recently I started using BookMap on a 3rd monitor which combined with 3 monitors my loss has been less than $100 each day. Currently, during these turbulent times, I set Tradovate to stop trading when I have earned $700 after losses. I prefer to go closer to $1k profit daily but my losses are higher. The cool thing about linking TradingView and Tradovate is when I open a trade on Tradovate I can see the open trade on TradingView as well. I use Brackets with Tradovate which keeps my losses to less than $10 per trade. When I win, which is 90% I only pay for the extra bracket fees so I calculate how much I need to scalp so I earn at least $5 per scalp after fees. Some days I scalp about 120 contracts in order to hit my daily mandatory figure and Tradovate + TradingView allows me to get lost in the trading and even though there are a lot of fees the Tradovate interface allows me to automate elements like brackets and cutting me off when I reach my profit. I felt that with NinjaTrader 8, I was not able to automate as many of these features. The BEST part of Tradovate is it is primarily browser-based which means all my settings, indicators, layouts are all stored in the Cloud. I can trade from my wifes travel laptop for example. Heck, I even traded on a Chromebook.

Sorry, that was kind of lengthy, I hope that answers your questions.

I'm looking for a browser based platform so this Tradingview/Tradovate combination sounds interesting. Have you used their volume profile indicators and have you found the data to be accurate?

awesomizer 
Portage, MI

Platform: Bookmap, Tradingview
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 219
Thanks Received: 63

forestcall View Post
I am happy with Tradovate. What I do is scalp 90% of the trades. I make 75% of my income from Micro Futures day trading and the other 25% I day trade stocks.

What I do is connect TradingView to Tradovate and I have 1 monitor for Tradovate and the 2nd monitor with Tradingview. I like to have as much visual data as possible for making trades. Recently I started using BookMap on a 3rd monitor which combined with 3 monitors my loss has been less than $100 each day. Currently, during these turbulent times, I set Tradovate to stop trading when I have earned $700 after losses. I prefer to go closer to $1k profit daily but my losses are higher. The cool thing about linking TradingView and Tradovate is when I open a trade on Tradovate I can see the open trade on TradingView as well. I use Brackets with Tradovate which keeps my losses to less than $10 per trade. When I win, which is 90% I only pay for the extra bracket fees so I calculate how much I need to scalp so I earn at least $5 per scalp after fees. Some days I scalp about 120 contracts in order to hit my daily mandatory figure and Tradovate + TradingView allows me to get lost in the trading and even though there are a lot of fees the Tradovate interface allows me to automate elements like brackets and cutting me off when I reach my profit. I felt that with NinjaTrader 8, I was not able to automate as many of these features. The BEST part of Tradovate is it is primarily browser-based which means all my settings, indicators, layouts are all stored in the Cloud. I can trade from my wifes travel laptop for example. Heck, I even traded on a Chromebook.

are you still trading like this?

carsten103 
jacksonville florida

Experience: Beginner
Platform: tradingview
Trading: options
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I posted on the forum but saw that this one is more specific. Ialso trade on Tradovate using Tradingview. I had a quick question for you all. I know that in FX the spreads widen at 5 pm EST. Nothing crazy, but they widen. This past week I was trading NKD on Tradingview paper trading account and I had 8 contracts for a floating loss of $4,150. When 5 pm hit on Friday the loss sky rocketed to $115,000! I am not new to trading, but I am new to Futures. Do end of day spreads really widen to such a ridiculous amount ? When I looked at the loss again today it was back to $4,150.

Have you ever experienced anything close to this or is it simply a glitch ?

Thanks for taking the time top read and (hopefully) respond.

Thanks!

JulioC
HOUSTON

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks Received: 3

forestcall View Post

Do you have the commission free trading plan?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Last Updated on November 12, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts