NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Tradovate - Im trading Micro E-Mini Futures - Do I need "Market Internals" data feed?

Discussion in Tradovate

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one forestcall with 3 posts (23 thanks)
    2. looks_two ahrink with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Keab with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Wschneidertrade with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one forestcall with 7.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Yeuts with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Wschneidertrade with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 16,401 views
    2. thumb_up 29 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 23 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Tradovate - Im trading Micro E-Mini Futures - Do I need "Market Internals" data feed?

Tradovate  Tradovate is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: Tradovate
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: Tradovate Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 73

forestcall View Post
Tradovate - I'm trading Micro E-Mini Futures - Do I need "Market Internals" data feed?

Is this related to Indicators?

It is only $7 so not an issue. But do I need it?

Thanks!

To trade Micro futures you do not need the "Market Internals". It is a feature, but not required.

Tradovate, LLC
d: 312.283.3100 e: [email protected] w: tradovate.com

Futures and options trading involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

EquanimousTrading
Lombard

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

forestcall View Post
Inside the actual trading tool there is a setting to pay $10 to connect to Tradingview + $13 for MES/MQN or ES/QN.
Check out "Matt Trades" on Youtube and he has a daily stream using Tradovate. He has a few vids that show you how to add the indicators he uses which will give you a quick training. I dont use the Indicators he uses but I found the video helpful. You need to pay $10 to utilize the TradingView connection but after you pay you can use it in Simulation mode.

I can not put it into words why having both Tradovate and TradingView at the same time helps me with my win ratio. But between the 2 tools, I can visualize volume better and I can make $5-$15 profits with small scalps. Whereas when I go with longer trades I have a much greater chance of having a loss. I don't think my scalp technique is very sex at all, in fact it is rather barbaric. But in a solid 3-4 hours of trading, I can make $700-$1000. One thing I will say about this scalping strategy is I have to turn off all distractions. I cant have any chat sounds, I turn my phone off and lock my home office door so my kids dont come in. Any distractions and I lose money. Nothing about my process is sexy but at the end of the day I can pay the bills.

@forestcall what symbols are you trading for this barbaric scalping and what are you looking for when you enter? Trading with the trend or countertrend too? 1k/day is nothing to sneeze at!

SodyTexas 
Austin TX

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader, Python, & R
Broker: RJO
Trading: Futures, Spreads
Thanks Given: 117
Thanks Received: 1,085

forestcall View Post
Tradovate - I'm trading Micro E-Mini Futures - Do I need "Market Internals" data feed?

Is this related to Indicators?

It is only $7 so not an issue. But do I need it?

Thanks!

Do you trade off the DOM?

Sody

"The great Traders have always been humbled by the market early on in their careers creating a deep respect for the market. Until one has this respect indelibly engraved in their makeup, the concept of money management and discipline will never be treated seriously."
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
skiing60
Mississauga ON Canada

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

Hi. I'm using Interactive Brokers, as my data source and broker, with Ninjatrader 8. I notice that IBKR doesn't send Historical TICK data, only Minute data. I am going to be backtesting with indicators that require tick data (Volume based: VWAP,etc.) I've checked the list of data providers for NT8, on their website. Do you know of a data provider that meets this criteria? And economical? I only need Indexes at present.

Last Updated on November 12, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts