NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

about profiletraders - market profile boot camp (www.profiletraders.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattguin with 5 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two cunparis with 4 posts (16 thanks)
    3. looks_3 trendisyourfriend with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tickvix with 3 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Babool with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 justtrade with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 mattguin with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 27,139 views
    2. thumb_up 41 thanks given
    3. group 27 followers
    1. forum 35 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

about profiletraders - market profile boot camp (www.profiletraders.com)

stacey
Spain

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 11

I took Reza's boot camp and advanced course last year and compared to JP and Trader Girl (Debbie Crawford) and Reza is the best of the three, however with that said Reza never really teaches a method its all theory and in his room he has a lot of charts and methods he is testing so I guess even he has not got it figured out yet.

As for Trader girl she is just copying JP and she has way to many set ups for my liking over 18 at last count, when I started with her she said she has 2 days a week where she hits a 10 point trade,, well while in her room I never saw her take 1 10 point trade in a month let alone 2 in a week.
Also she started off saying that targets are +2 +5 +10 then when things went bad her targets got less and less and she was taking no end of 1 point trades,, which is fine but not when she states in her webinars that she only trades the big moves.

Then there is JP well enough said...LOL

IOAMT is a good source to learn Market Profile and Kam from L2ST which I am happy with and still use to this day.

Stacey

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks
 traderFei 
New York, New York, United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: SP
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

trendisyourfriend View Post
I'd like to hear if anyone bought this course on Market Profile or better has bought the lifetime membership:

Market Profile Boot Camp | Day Trading using Market Profile

What's your experience ?

Market profile theory is the only working method which apply for any market .imo.and reza's room is the best place to learn this and the best room where you can find all the tools related to market profile.i have been in his room for almost 3 years and very happy with it.

TheSeeker 
Germany

Platform: MT4, StrategyRunner
Trading: ES,EUR/USD,Oil
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 73

The only course I have ever bought is Balancetrader. It's an MP course by Frank Butera with the option to join his chat room.

I had to make his approach my own, though, as they say, which took me a couple of years of self study to make it work. I do recommend his course.

Hope it helps.

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

justtrade View Post
Reza is an excellent teacher and calls his trades live. He takes alot of time and interest to be sure people are learning the methodlogy and there's plenty of opportunity for questions. His room is normally open 24 hrs a day with additional proprietary signals provided on the charts. He has a second room with signal charts that cover 5 markets.

I just spent 4 days in Reza's trading room. I wasn't impressed at all. On Wednesday he kept shorting gold & crude on a very strong trend day and lost over $1k. It was funny how he was cursing the market and complaining about how "they" stopped him out.

For his "proprietary" trading signals, I found the zigzag & volatility stop indicators in IRT gave me the same signals. When I told him this he threatened me with legal action if I told anyone.

For the bootcamp, I think it's best to learn Market Profile from the source. Dalton has two books, a DVD course, and free webinars.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

zxxaxz 
Springfield

Platform: Ninjatrader, TOS
Trading: eMicros
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 80

cunparis View Post
I just spent 4 days in Reza's trading room. I wasn't impressed at all. On Wednesday he kept shorting gold & crude on a very strong trend day and lost over $1k. It was funny how he was cursing the market and complaining about how "they" stopped him out.

For his "proprietary" trading signals, I found the zigzag & volatility stop indicators in IRT gave me the same signals. When I told him this he threatened me with legal action if I told anyone.

For the bootcamp, I think it's best to learn Market Profile from the source. Dalton has two books, a DVD course, and free webinars.

Don't worry C. U. we won't tell anyone.

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,175
Thanks Received: 6,020

cunparis View Post

I just don't understand why some market profilers are only considering trades that go against the trend just because price is out of balance. To me, these setups have nothing to do with Market Profile. The tool should help the trader form an opinion about the current bias (short/medium term), identify zones of inventory and locate areas of support/resistance based on volume. In short, what people call market structure. Too many players look at it in a rigid and fixed way thinking they can remove ambiguity proceeding this way. However, i like the way Dalton talks about it.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

trendisyourfriend View Post
I just don't understand why some market profilers are only considering trades that go against the trend just because price is out of balance. To me, these setups have nothing to do with Market Profile. The tool should help the trader form an opinion about the current bias (short/medium term), identify zones of inventory and locate areas of support/resistance based on volume. In short, what people call market structure. Too many players look at it in a rigid and fixed way thinking they can remove ambiguity proceeding this way. However, i like the way Dalton talks about it.

I totally agree. In my opinion Reza does exactly what you describe. He says "strong resistance at xx.xx" and then fades it, totally disregarding the context. This is not how one uses Market Profile. I can recognize people doing this because for a long time I was trading like that. So it's interesting to join a trading room and see the trader trading like I was a year or two ago.

Thanked by:
 Babool 
Detroit, MI

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: NQ, CL, ES, GC
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 125

I have taken this course and all I can say is for what he is charging it is a deal. He responds to all questions for as long as you have them. I sent him a list of questions at dinner time one day and he responed at 10pm, the service he provides is really good. I spent time in his actual trading room (which is separate from his MP Webinar) and his style was not for me...no indicators, relying on support and resistance combined with MP. Not my trading style but he is right on the money with MP theory. And he explains it in a way that makes it simple. and easy to understand. I would recommend this course to anybody seriously interested in learning about MP.

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

Babool View Post
I have taken this course and all I can say is for what he is charging it is a deal. He responds to all questions for as long as you have them. I sent him a list of questions at dinner time one day and he responed at 10pm, the service he provides is really good. I spent time in his actual trading room (which is separate from his MP Webinar) and his style was not for me...no indicators, relying on support and resistance combined with MP. Not my trading style but he is right on the money with MP theory. And he explains it in a way that makes it simple. and easy to understand. I would recommend this course to anybody seriously interested in learning about MP.

testimonials from people who have never posted before are always a little suspicious.

all great in theory but unfortunately he didn't make money with all that theory when I observed his trading room. His trading was complete chaos. he was fading very strong trend moves. he was using a very lagging volatility stop (his proprietary signals are nothing more than a zigzag & volatility stop) to time his entries resulting in getting in late and having a large stop. he was cursing the market when his stop was hit and complaining how 'they stopped him out'. I didn't see any qualities in a consistently profitable professional trader. It's easy to write up testimonials on a website and memorize some MP concepts, but trading with them is an entirely different thing.

his p/l records on his website are 'doctored' too, making him look profitable.

anyone can see for themselves but it will cost you $25 for the trial to see it. My advice: save your $25!!!

i post videos on my blog where I generate an equity curve real time from my brokers website so there is no doubt that i am profitable with real money. reza won't do that. anyone who won't is more likely a fake than a pro.

Thanked by:
 Babool 
Detroit, MI

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: NQ, CL, ES, GC
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 125

cunparis View Post
testimonials from people who have never posted before are always a little suspicious.

all great in theory but unfortunately he didn't make money with all that theory when I observed his trading room. His trading was complete chaos. he was fading very strong trend moves. he was using a very lagging volatility stop (his proprietary signals are nothing more than a zigzag & volatility stop) to time his entries resulting in getting in late and having a large stop. he was cursing the market when his stop was hit and complaining how 'they stopped him out'. I didn't see any qualities in a consistently profitable professional trader. It's easy to write up testimonials on a website and memorize some MP concepts, but trading with them is an entirely different thing.

his p/l records on his website are 'doctored' too, making him look profitable.

anyone can see for themselves but it will cost you $25 for the trial to see it. My advice: save your $25!!!

i post videos on my blog where I generate an equity curve real time from my brokers website so there is no doubt that i am profitable with real money. reza won't do that. anyone who won't is more likely a fake than a pro.

I understand but I just joined Big Mikes Forum (couple weeks). Your observations are correct with his actual trading room. What I am endorsing is his actual Market Profile Bootcamp. I have read most of the relavant MP Books and Reza's bootcamp gives the same info but it is explained in a way that I could understand it better. Some of the MP books out there I found a little confusing. Considering it covers ths same info that others charge 3k for (based on the publishjed outlines of the courses), I felt the couple hundred bucks I paid for the bootcamp money well spent.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 12, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts