NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Sierra Chart ACSIL for Beginners.

Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Trembling Hand with 29 posts (186 thanks)
    2. looks_two mosalem2003 with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 drunkcolonel with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Thegunshow with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 33,883 views
    2. thumb_up 192 thanks given
    3. group 55 followers
    1. forum 55 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Sierra Chart ACSIL for Beginners.

Thegunshow 
Portland, OR USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader,TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 58

Hi Trembling Hand,

Thanks for this thread as well as the other ACSIL thread. I am trying to get a value out of the zig zag study (VolumeDividedByLengthInTicks) but it is displayed as a text label and is not an accessible subgraph. Can you propose a way to modify the ZZ study so that I can access to this data as a subgraph? I would like to be able to use that number in an alert calculation.

Thank you!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Trembling Hand 
Melbourne, Land of Oz

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart, CQG
Broker: CQG
Trading: HSI
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 358

Thegunshow View Post
Hi Trembling Hand,

Thanks for this thread as well as the other ACSIL thread. I am trying to get a value out of the zig zag study (VolumeDividedByLengthInTicks) but it is displayed as a text label and is not an accessible subgraph. Can you propose a way to modify the ZZ study so that I can access to this data as a subgraph? I would like to be able to use that number in an alert calculation.

Thank you!

Sorry about the slow reply. If you look at the Studies7.cpp file in C:\SierraChart\ACS_Source On line 1187 in the CreateZigZagLineLabel function you can see that the calculation is,

Code
int64_t VolumeDividedByLengthInTicks = static_cast <int64_t>(AccumulatedVolume[ZigZagIndex] / (ZigzagLineLength / sc.TickSize));
You can copy the ZigZag function, rename it as something unique and add a subgraph to hold and display that calculation.

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Thegunshow 
Portland, OR USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader,TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 58

Trembling Hand View Post
Sorry about the slow reply. If you look at the Studies7.cpp file in C:\SierraChart\ACS_Source On line 1187 in the CreateZigZagLineLabel function you can see that the calculation is,

Code
int64_t VolumeDividedByLengthInTicks = static_cast <int64_t>(AccumulatedVolume[ZigZagIndex] / (ZigzagLineLength / sc.TickSize));
You can copy the ZigZag function, rename it as something unique and add a subgraph to hold and display that calculation.

Thank you so much! Any chance you can help me determine the line numbers I should copy and paste to recreate the ZigZag function? I was looking at the file last night and its not super clear to me. If you don't have time, I understand. I can probably experiment for myself and figure it out.

liquidnuts
New York, NY

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

This is a great thread, thank you very much for your time in putting this together. I'm now up and running and building studies in VS.

DCMCG17
Paris, France

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hello everyone!

I have been looking around through threads on here, and Sierra, trying to get a start on building a little automated setup, so I can backtest without a pen and paper.

I haven't really seen anything like what I'm looking for. Most people are asking for what seems to be more data collection/combining studies, and things that are more complex.

I think it is rather simple, I just need pointed in the right direction. Not sure if the spreadsheets or ACSIL are what I'm after.

Entrance based on a figure given by an indicator: enter long when cross from above, enter short when cross from below. 3 contracts, limit. -7 stop all. Once it comes 4 ticks in favour, stop moves to -4. Target 1, +10 ticks, once hit, stop moves to break even. Target 2, +17. Once target 2 hit, the stop for the final contract becomes trailing at -6.

I am not afraid to spend some time trying to code this, in fact I would love to be able to say I put it together somewhat. But I need a template.. if anyone has seen something similar, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

tamilio
CHARLOTTE

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 0

anubis View Post
Hey, nice thread!

How far can one go with Sierra customization? Can we do more than indicators? Like a custom DOM panel and stuff like that?

Hello,
I'm late to this thread, but in answer to your question, SierraChart has a landing pages called "
ACSILProgrammingConcepts"

It seems to have a lot of capabilities.

Mike

Last Updated on August 8, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts