NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is anyone actually making money?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one goodoboy with 53 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 25 posts (98 thanks)
    3. looks_3 KyronC with 24 posts (61 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Joseph Connors with 19 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 10.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 9.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 3.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 KyronC with 2.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 115,385 views
    2. thumb_up 1,294 thanks given
    3. group 812 followers
    1. forum 398 posts
    2. attach_file 19 attachments

Search this Thread

Is anyone actually making money?

CannonTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 183

Yes and sorry for not explaining earlier.

It means what percent of trades you would need to remove to make the system a "scratch system"

The higher the number, the better the chances in my opinion for a "smoother system and equity curve"

PM with any questions about Cannon Trading (800) 454-9572 (310) 859-9572. Trading commodity futures, forex and options involves substantial risk of loss. The recommendations contained in this post are of opinion only and do not guarantee any profits. These are risky markets and only risk capital should be used. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
About a successful futures trader who didn´t know anyth …
Psychology and Money Management

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,388
Thanks Received: 10,207

Interesting Thank You. That makes sense. As you say the higher the number of trades (for remove to neutral) the greater the confidence system is valid. Almost like a confidence test.

exactly.

I trade this specific system LIVE partly because of that number even though its less profitable ( but also this one trades the ES and not the NQ):

PM with any questions about Cannon Trading (800) 454-9572 (310) 859-9572. Trading commodity futures, forex and options involves substantial risk of loss. The recommendations contained in this post are of opinion only and do not guarantee any profits. These are risky markets and only risk capital should be used. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.

One more question. What software is that? My limited systematic trading experience is limited to Tradestation.

CQG IC
I am a big fan.

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

I was a CQG user almost 30 years ago, when it was just a charting software package (it's competitors at the time were things like Reuters, Telerate, Knight Ridder & Bridge). It's charting was so good versus the competition that we would have both on the desk. CQG for charting and Reuters/Telerate for news & quotes! (Of course I'm talking about when dinosaurs still roamed the planet, and to execute a futures order you had to pick up a phone and call somebody on the exchange floor!)

Haven't used it since though. As a trade platform there was a time when all their data went from the exchange to their own servers first, and then to the customer. This introduced a latency that made them uncompetitive when compared with Trading Technologies etc. Believe this is no longer the case now.

Thanked by:

wow...that's pretty cool that you used it way back....

I think you would really like what the platform has to offer, features , speed etc. Happy to set you up for a free trial if there is an interest and/or share more info in private.

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

I looked at it recently. ICE ended TT's access to their S2F markets. For a period it looked like CQG could be a replacement but apparently ICE wouldn't allow CQG to access S2F either. So DMA became the only option. Hence why I have TT and Stellar. Would love to get it back to just one system but Stellar is extremely desktop centric and doesn't have the flexibility of TT's Cloud software. So I'm stuck using both for now.

Happy to chat at anytime and see if there are any other solutions that may work. Encountered same issue with ICE that you mentioned.

Thanked by:
 Billiwon 
Los Angeles, California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Index futures, etc.
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 26

SomePsychoDude View Post
Look into and listen to any trader featured on these websites: https://financial-competitions.com/ or https://www.worldcupchampionships.com/, https://fundseeder.com/home you can be sure that it's real, no bullshit. Avoid all of kinfo scam lol.

I see Kevin Davey's name on the champion trader list. So it must be real. Thanks.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 20, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts