NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Can anyone tell me what is so good about Ninja Trader?

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SpeculatorSeth with 5 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 emun with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Joseph Connors with 3 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jeronymite with 13 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 WmAFoster with 3.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 RockywoBalboa with 3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 40,073 views
    2. thumb_up 141 thanks given
    3. group 378 followers
    1. forum 69 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Can anyone tell me what is so good about Ninja Trader?

RockywoBalboa
Houston TX/USA

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 26

WCwings View Post
I trade using MultiCharts and I have tried using Ninja Trader, but I must have missed something. The little bit that I used Ninja Trader did not show any advantage over MultiCharts. Ninja Trader was just really difficult to write code for. Can anyone tell me what is so good about Ninja Trader?
Thank you,
WCwings

Hi There,

In my opinion, it's not the software that makes us profitable it's our strategy and trader temperament. Sotware is just a means to achieve the strategy part. Some functionalities which are necessary in a software like robustness, features makes it lucrative. That's a different story that software companies sell their softwares in a way that unsuccessful trader thinks if he will have this software and this feature he will be profitable. Those who have been profitable they know the reality 🤫.

I hope it makes sense.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
36 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
firstlast
louisville kentucky us

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

I personally regret buying it.
Came out of lurk mode just to say that.

Its very glitchy, wizard is joke, support desk is meh, you dig for hours in forums for an answer, most threads just end when support blames computer, dare you to get a script assembly error , god forbid you update the damn thing, broker is meh.

they jam it full of options and low broker stuff to suck you in then you realize 95% is fluff / distraction, you just needed like 3 indicators and patience.

Im sure if i had a degree in coding i would have a different perspective. But,,, i dont.

as it stands, tradingview "feels" better.

horacioofman 
Tortola British Virgin Islands

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader, TWS IB
Broker: Ninjatrader, IB
Trading: ES Futures
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 13

I will answer the question without basing it on a comparison because I have practically no experience on TS.
I think what makes NT so popular its users community and the available indicators and add ons. If you are a newbee chances are that you will start following some mentor, guru, trading room, training course, indicator purchase, etc. Whatever platform was used in your introduction to trading is most likely to stick with you.
I know that this is falling into a circular definition like: "NT is the most popular because it is the most used", but that is what I really think answer your question.

WmAFoster
Eugene, OR. USA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 34

RockywoBalboa View Post
Hi There,

In my opinion, it's not the software that makes us profitable it's our strategy and trader temperament. Sotware is just a means to achieve the strategy part. Some functionalities which are necessary in a software like robustness, features makes it lucrative. That's a different story that software companies sell their softwares in a way that unsuccessful trader thinks if he will have this software and this feature he will be profitable. Those who have been profitable they know the reality 🤫.

I hope it makes sense.

Well said.... All the software in the world won't make a difference if you don't have your head right and a solid system.

On a side note.....
I have always wondered how the old timers ever made a dime in the markets without all the whiz bang software we have now..... yup a little sarcasm there .

PaperTrader 
changi, singapore

Experience: None
Platform: Free
Thanks Given: 126
Thanks Received: 21

"free"

at least it used to...

Thanked by:
luminaryfi
Indianapolis, Indiana

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 8

That's true, but if you don't "click" with the software or even programming language... You're going to make something (I think we think is fun) into a miserable experience. So it comes down to try them both out and then decide which one you like better.
RockywoBalboa View Post
Hi There,

In my opinion, it's not the software that makes us profitable it's our strategy and trader temperament. Sotware is just a means to achieve the strategy part. Some functionalities which are necessary in a software like robustness, features makes it lucrative. That's a different story that software companies sell their softwares in a way that unsuccessful trader thinks if he will have this software and this feature he will be profitable. Those who have been profitable they know the reality .

I hope it makes sense.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

WmAFoster View Post
I have always wondered how the old timers ever made a dime in the markets without all the whiz bang software we have now..... yup a little sarcasm there .

Sarcasm or just misunderstanding. "Old timers" as in floor traders, who traded on the ...trading floor. ie didn't use whizz bang software because they were on a trading floor.
My understanding is a lot of floor traders struggled once the exchanges went electronic and the volume shifted online and then the exchanges closed. Scott Pulcini in his recent webinar seemed quite happy using Bookmap which he considers the best (whiz bang) software to help him make money.
Sure, buying a certain item of software won't help if the fundamentals of how you are trading is unsustainable, but a professional in any line of work will always choose the best tools for the job and keep abreast of all the current developments in their field of work.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
WmAFoster
Eugene, OR. USA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 34

matthew28 View Post
Sarcasm or just misunderstanding. "Old timers" as in floor traders, who traded on the ...trading floor. ie didn't use whizz bang software because they were on a trading floor.
My understanding is a lot of floor traders struggled once the exchanges went electronic and the volume shifted online and then the exchanges closed. Scott Pulcini in his recent webinar seemed quite happy using Bookmap which he considers the best (whiz bang) software to help him make money.
Sure, buying a certain item of software won't help if the fundamentals of how you are trading is unsustainable, but a professional in any line of work will always choose the best tools for the job and keep abreast of all the current developments in their field of work.

Actually the old timers I am speaking of were Livingston, Donchian , And Darvas who traded from week old news papers and telegrams while he was on tour in Europe... And others that I have not mentioned.

pt67
huntington beach, ca usa

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 9

I’m with you on wondering why Ninja is so great. I don’t write code but what I’ve heard is that it is the platform that is the most advanced in that regard. I just dislike how they price access; I find it very confusing with all the various licenses and data charges. Their commissions aren’t any better than what else is available but then you have to pay a chunk for using the platform and getting data. For someone like myself, who doesn’t write code, I don’t see a great value in Ninja. Additionally, when I did use it I found it to be somewhat unstable, especially when the market makes an explosive move, and it seems to allow more slippage on trade entries and exits than you might expect.

RockywoBalboa
Houston TX/USA

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 26

WmAFoster View Post
Well said.... All the software in the world won't make a difference if you don't have your head right and a solid system.

On a side note.....

Back then, trade the trader, stop runs, hard stop losses, pumping stocks was not a common thing or maybe non existent.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 29, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts