NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Diary of a simple price action trader

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Miesto with 191 posts (377 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 10 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 lightsun47 with 6 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 loantelligence with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one trendisyourfriend with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Miesto with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 lightsun47 with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 37,624 views
    2. thumb_up 443 thanks given
    3. group 53 followers
    1. forum 233 posts
    2. attach_file 253 attachments

Search this Thread

Diary of a simple price action trader

loantelligence 
Syracuse, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 189

i use the lbr310...but just to look at the MA to determine how long and trend will continue....and when to look for a reversal....probably using it wrong but the MA gets to the top or bottom of the histogram....a reversal is about to occur....it looks different on a unirenko....much easier to read...for me anyway.....

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 779
Thanks Received: 1,150

200828 Week in review

Another good week, again the best since the start of my journal.

Last week's results were more than twice as much as the week before which was the best performing week up till then. Last Friday was the best performing day closely followed by last Thursday. The increase in profit made last week is mostly due to scaling up.

After three months of journaling I see no need to go on any longer. I think it's time to wrap it up. Journaling is no longer useful at this moment as all objectives for starting the journal have been met and I want distractions kept to a minimum going forward. It was an interesting 3 months period wherein I shared my method, my trades, my mistakes, my reviews and, all together, shared my journey to become profitable. I really have nothing new to add anymore than already mentioned. This 3 months period of journaling has helped me to resolve some loose ends and I want to thank everyone who has contributed in any way whatsoever. I hope my diary has been (and will be) of some use for aspiring traders. Now it's time to fully concentrate on trading and further scale up in contracts.

To sum it up: start wise (sim), continue small (live/micro), develop a consistent approach / methodology - by thoroughly reviewing what works well and especially by analyzing your mistakes - and then grow your account by scaling up (micro/mini).

I might post once in a while, we'll see. Trade well.

The best moments usually occur if a person’s body or mind is stretched to its limits in a voluntary effort to accomplish something difficult and worthwhile .... Flow occurs when your skill level and the challenge at hand are equal" -Csikszentmihalyi

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	200828_Week_by_Day_Analyses_(pts).png
Views:	397
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	304530   Click image for larger version

Name:	200828_ Weekly_Analysis_YTD_(pts).png
Views:	390
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	304531  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Dingo666 
Oslo+Oslo

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradingview/Infront
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 12

Very nice journal and very educational!

It is incredible what kind of small "hints" the market gives us if we don`t clutter our charts with tons of fancy indicators. Price is simply "agreement" or "new price discovery"

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

Mich62 View Post
After three months of journaling I see no need to go on any longer. I think it's time to wrap it up. Journaling is no longer useful at this moment as all objectives for starting the journal have been met and I want distractions kept to a minimum going forward.

It's been good to read your journal. I understand reaching the point when journaling no longer seems like the thing to do, but it was good while it lasted, and I have enjoyed it and learned from it.

Do post whenever the spirit moves you, and enjoy your trading.

Thanks for sharing the trip.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
 Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

bobwest View Post
It's been good to read your journal. I understand reaching the point when journaling no longer seems like the thing to do, but it was good while it lasted, and I have enjoyed it and learned from it.

Do post whenever the spirit moves you, and enjoy your trading.

Thanks for sharing the trip.

Bob.

Thanks Bob, I will. Take care.

Thanked by:
 sheldonxp 
Gaborone, Botswana

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2

Hi @Mich62, thanks for sharing your progression in this journal. I am wondering if you follow any particular system in your trading? Reading through the thread, I see you mention Wyckoff, Brooks, Volan, Beggs, etc...

Do you follow any one of their teachings? Or is it some combination of everything, along with your own methods?

Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

sheldonxp View Post
Hi @Mich62, thanks for sharing your progression in this journal. I am wondering if you follow any particular system in your trading? Reading through the thread, I see you mention Wyckoff, Brooks, Volan, Beggs, etc...

Do you follow any one of their teachings? Or is it some combination of everything, along with your own methods?

Hey sheldonxp, I don't follow any of them strict to the letter (or follow any particular system) but picked up some things of all mentioned (and many more) and, after much practice, molted it into a kind of personal method (based on structure, price levels (S/R), momentum and volume). I would say I learned, and use the most, from Wyckoff (David Weis) and Linda Raschke. Brooks, Volman and Beggs are helpful in understanding price action. Hope this answers your question.

Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

“Not Much” Adds Up

We all have something difficult we’re trying to accomplish. Whether it’s starting a business or losing weight, finishing a creative project or building a barn, the mammoth task sits before us. The very thought of its enormity is overwhelming. The thought of completing it, we can’t fathom. The light at the end of the tunnel is nowhere in sight.

What ought you do?

Do what the great (and prolific) author Rich Cohen does. On the Daily Stoic podcast, Rich explained how he’s able to be so consistently productive at such a high level (9 books published so far, many of them bestsellers). He said he approaches a big project like he approaches a cross-country road trip. “The way you deal with long road trips is you set yourself a minimum number of hours a day, no matter how you feel.”

The point is that “not much” adds up if you do it a lot. That’s what Marcus meant when he said, “Don’t let your imagination be crushed by life as a whole.” All you have to do, he said, is “stick with the situation at hand.” He also talks about assembling your life action by action—no one, he says, can stop you from that.

But this metaphor of the road is a good one. Because excellence is a road. There is a road to being a successful writer or entrepreneur. To that promotion or that award. The road to finishing this task or that project. And how do you travel any road? You travel a road in steps. A certain number of miles or hours per day.

Excelling at anything is a matter of taking one small step then another then another. One in front of the other. Even when you don’t feel like it. Even when it doesn’t feel like it’s making much of a dent. Because it is. You’re getting closer. Eventually, you will arrive and it will be wonderful.

That’s what Zeno meant when he said, “Well-being is realized by small steps, but is no small thing.”

Source: The Daily Stoic - Not Much [AUTOLINK]Adds[/AUTOLINK] Up

cnavarr07
punto fijo

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

hi guys, where i can lear about second entrys estrategy?

Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

cnavarr07 View Post
hi guys, where i can lear about second entrys estrategy?

Try Google and YouTube "2nd entry trading".

Last Updated on March 25, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts