NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

God's Trading Journal - Faith, Karma & Beyond

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 8 posts (10 thanks)
    2. looks_two AllSeeker with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cdnftrstdr with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 nguyen74 with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SBtrader82 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two AllSeeker with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cdnftrstdr with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 2,834 views
    2. thumb_up 19 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 14 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

God's Trading Journal - Faith, Karma & Beyond

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,012

iqgod View Post
I think typing out that post above made me realize that I am wasting my time with both TopStepTrader and Earn2Trade.

I think its better to work with real money and be a real trader than be a sim one.

Good I realized this early enough, instead of going through 'earning' an account and then 'retaining' that account and 'losing funding' because of some nitpicky 'rule' that make no sense in the real trader's universe.

I will stop posting this sim 'glorification of self' - time to get real now. If not now, when? :-)

Whole heartdly agree. Sim not only builds bad habits it has tendency to build unrealistic expectations. Which are quite dettering in long run. I also wasted 6 months in sim even though its hella cheap to just trade real account in India.

Sim is okay if you are testing the platform or don't know anything about the trading and all the order types but ones you do its not useful. And don't want to say this, but honestly all this "funded account business" seems like "chit bhi meri pat bhi meri" thing. You are Indian, so you are probably aware of that saying hare haha

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
About a successful futures trader who didn´t know anyth …
Psychology and Money Management

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

LastDino View Post
Whole heartdly agree. Sim not only builds bad habits it has tendency to build unrealistic expectations. Which are quite dettering in long run. I also wasted 6 months in sim even though its hella cheap to just trade real account in India.

Sim is okay if you are testing the platform or don't know anything about the trading and all the order types but ones you do its not useful. And don't want to say this, but honestly all this "funded account business" seems like "chit bhi meri pat bhi meri" thing. You are Indian, so you are probably aware of that saying hare haha

For the benefit of other forum members:

"chit bhi meri pat bhi meri"

translates to

Having your cake at eating it too.

:-)

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 57,515
Thanks Received: 26,292

iqgod View Post
For the benefit of other forum members:

"chit bhi meri pat bhi meri"

translates to

Having your cake at eating it too.

:-)

Thanks. I'd wondered if it was swearing.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,012

bobwest View Post
Thanks. I'd wondered if it was swearing.

Bob.

I seem to be dodging some bullets today, I need more self controll

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

iqgod View Post
I think typing out that post above made me realize that I am wasting my time with both TopStepTrader and Earn2Trade.

I think its better to work with real money and be a real trader than be a sim one.

Good I realized this early enough, instead of going through 'earning' an account and then 'retaining' that account and 'losing funding' because of some nitpicky 'rule' that make no sense in the real trader's universe.

I will stop posting this sim 'glorification of self' - time to get real now. If not now, when? :-)

Hi, I just read your post. I think these programs are really useful. I traded my own money for years and I ended up losing a lot of money.
Had I trades with any combine I would have saved most of my funds.

There is no difference in trading your money or a combine. Everytime you lose a combine worth 150k you basically lost 3k and it cost only 100 usd. Do the math.

If you are inexperienced you will think that the reason you are losing is because this is not real money, and if it was real money you'd not be losing.

The reality is that if you are just starting out you are losing because you have no clue about what you are doing, and how to manage risk.
Sorry if I sound blunt, but after 3 years of trading every day I now look back on what I was doing 3 years ago and I can't believe I was so naive.

In 3 years I changed everything: platform, brokers, setups, risk management etc...

I don't know how experienced you are but if you can't pass a combine, do not go live unless you have specific reasons (for instance if you are a swing trader etc.).

Regards

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 1, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts