NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Inside Fibbee's Incubator (Bloodhound Journal)

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fibbee with 25 posts (36 thanks)
    2. looks_two Ron8 with 11 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 hen322 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SharkIndicators with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 9,739 views
    2. thumb_up 38 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 42 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Inside Fibbee's Incubator (Bloodhound Journal)

Fibbee 
Boston, MA. United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 166

Mantrs View Post
"I want to be a BloodHound!" @SharkIndicators

You need to put this on the FIO journal challenge thread with a link to your bloodhound journal.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Fibbee 

I had some connection issues, dropped out for 1 minute 11 seconds friday morning.

I have since reported this to the AMA ninjatrader thread to see if there is ANYTHING you can do to prevent this other than keep your systems running and hope for the best.

That can be found here :

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	285
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	300922  
Thanked by:

Fibbee 

END OF WEEK 2 (For this journal)

+5400 a lot of t2 and t3 long swings came off this week as the market moved higher. As expected GG short took some losses as the market moved into new highs. I am very eager to see a top form here I am eager to see SAVIO and PHILOMENA work on a multi-day leg lower.

I had connection issues Friday morning but overall a "normal" week. I have been incubating some of these systems for just about as long as I need to work out the kinks and watch them in forward time before I throw real money into them so I will be taking some of these off and throwing them into my larger active portfolio.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: week 2.mp4
Thanked by:

Ron8 
Toronto

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader 8, TOS
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 129
Thanks Received: 24

Awesome video, Fibbee.

Can you also discuss some stats of your systems (max drawdowns, profit factors, etc)

Thanks.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader, MT4
Broker: IB, Global Prime
Trading: Futures CFDs
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 637

Fibbee View Post
END OF WEEK 2 (For this journal)

+5400 a lot of t2 and t3 long swings came off this week as the market moved higher. As expected GG short took some losses as the market moved into new highs. I am very eager to see a top form here I am eager to see SAVIO and PHILOMENA work on a multi-day leg lower.

I had connection issues Friday morning but overall a "normal" week. I have been incubating some of these systems for just about as long as I need to work out the kinks and watch them in forward time before I throw real money into them so I will be taking some of these off and throwing them into my larger active portfolio.

I like your Multi-Strategy strategy. If I ever went algorithmic again, which I won't simply because it's not me, I'd do the same as you.

Have as many profitable strategies that stood on thier own all running simultaneously.

That way the equity curve should have a nice slow upward curve to it. Nothing exciting but no scary drops either as you'd have SUPER UNCORRELATED markets all doing their own thing.

Sounds simple but its very very hard! I couldn't do it thats for sure!

Also... you need to be quite capitalized to do this correctly. Which is hard for most beginners.

Nice job so far and thank you!

Fibbee 

Sandpaddict View Post
I like your Multi-Strategy strategy. If I ever went algorithmic again, which I won't simply because it's not me, I'd do the same as you.

Have as many profitable strategies that stood on thier own all running simultaneously.

That way the equity curve should have a nice slow upward curve to it. Nothing exciting but no scary drops either as you'd have SUPER UNCORRELATED markets all doing their own thing.

Sounds simple but its very very hard! I couldn't do it thats for sure!

Also... you need to be quite capitalized to do this correctly. Which is hard for most beginners.

Nice job so far and thank you!

YUP, you got it. Thanks!

I am not looking for exciting. That in many ways is the demise of the beginner and slowed down my success in my early days. In my humble opinion, running a multi-system portfolio is the way to go. It does require more capital, or smaller size per system, than running a lone system but I think if you're after consistency, this is the approach.

Its not perfect and not for everyone and you do need to be aware of the overall market conditions because the reality of building any kind of automated mechanical system is its going to have its weakness. For me, I think the turning point was just realizing that trading isn't the only thing in life and when you start to be indifferent towards it you're free to trade in a way that sets you up for success.

I say all that fully admitting that once upon a time I was definitely the guy who put 2k into an account and tried to daytrade CL with a 5 tick stop, or bought FD options, or scalped with a stop 3 times bigger than my target.

Fibbee 

Ron8 View Post
Awesome video, Fibbee.

Can you also discuss some stats of your systems (max drawdowns, profit factors, etc)

Thanks.

Thanks Ronnie!

Im happy to... but that opens up a pretty wide conversation because I'm incubating like 6 systems at the moment. Is there one or two in particular?

My ideal system has a >20% drawdown and hits 30% of its trades for a 5R. Naturally there is a scale where the bigger your r multiple is the lower your percent profitable will be but as a rule of thumb if you can be hitting 3r 40-50% of the time you got yourself a good one.

Here are the laws of mechanical systems:

1. The higher the % profitable the lower the R-multiple
2. The higher the r-multiple the bigger the drawdown and days to recovery.

You cant have it both ways and so if you have a swing system that hits big winners, your equity curve will always be more rocky than something that hits more consistent winners but in turn you sacrifice profit factor (growth)

Thanked by:

Ron8 
Toronto

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader 8, TOS
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 129
Thanks Received: 24

Fibbee View Post
Hey Ron,

Yes, everything here is built with bloodhound and executes with blackbird in a VPS.

I think what I am going to do with this journal is start building out some systems to test and run so that there's something for people to follow along with from start to finish. What do you think about that idea?

For your incubation testing, if you don't mind me asking: what VPS do you use and the system configuration?

Thanks.

Ronnie

Fibbee 

Ron8 View Post
For your incubation testing, if you don't mind me asking: what VPS do you use and the system configuration?

Thanks.

Ronnie

Interserver.net
Hyper V based in New Jersey
Windows 2019
Maxed out for $160 per month
16 Slices
32 GB memory
480 GB Storage

Thanked by:

Fibbee 

This is a reminder of why I spend 160 per month to incubate systems before they go live.

Inevitabley when you design a system, there is going to be something you forgot to do/include/adjust and this is a good example to share.

I have been having some misc. issues with my newest system GeeGee the past couple of weeks and yesterdays FOMC highlights why I incubate... I forgot to have this one avoid the 2:00 area and well...

This would be pretty ugly if I had this one live before working out the kinks.

In other systems I have programmed a "pause" condition where if the speed of bars spike like this, the system will avoid taking trades. Its particularly helpful for news and Sunday night gap opens. In my mind, I try to build systems that are as intelligent as possible and can "know" when things are not normal.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Why I incubate.png
Views:	264
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	301487  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 16, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts