NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Inside Fibbee's Incubator (Bloodhound Journal)

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fibbee with 25 posts (36 thanks)
    2. looks_two Ron8 with 11 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 hen322 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Mantrs with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 9,833 views
    2. thumb_up 38 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 42 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Inside Fibbee's Incubator (Bloodhound Journal)

Fibbee 
Boston, MA. United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 166

Hello Friends,

In response to @Big Mike charity drive for Covid Relief in Equador and @SharkIndicators sponsorship of this journal challenge, I thought I would come out of the shadows and share what’s going on inside my incubator.

Truthfully, I would love to “meet” other traders who are trading in a similar fashion to collaborate and learn from one another and I am happy to help those who are new to Bloodhound.

Lets lay some groundwork:

* The results shown in this journal are SIM (this is an incubator)
* Yes, running sim does create instances of errors that would not happen live.
* I trade other systems in cash and some of the ones shown here with cash on micros in a separate machine.
* Each one of these systems has a 5k designated demo and usually trades 2-6 micros to start
* The incubator is just one part of the larger process from idea to full-size live trading.
* I will not be sharing templates for the systems shown, sorry.
* I own two instances of Bloodhound, the TTP Tools, the Lizard tools and several of my own custom indicators to make these systems possible.
* The systems are named after some extended family members. I find it easier for reference to use people’s names rather than something cooler like Alpha Falcon Scalper 9000.
* I try my best to limit my exposure to other people’s opinions of the market so this journal will not take part in guessing market direction.
* I am not an uber programmer by any means. In the scheme of things, I am intermediate at best despite being experienced with Bloodhound.
* There are no holy grails here.

What’s the big picture here?

In some ways, I have given up on my quest to perfect the art of market timing. In my opinion, its a fools errand and having r-multiples of 3 or higher and being properly capitalized are far more important. As my personal and professional life became more consumed with children and career advancement around 2018 my passion for trading shifted towards automation and swing trading and with that a focus on simply making money vs being right. I am not concerned with where the market goes because I have a system that will most likely exploit a condition to capitalize. This shift also works best for my personality type which is naturally quiet and risk-averse. For me, having a group of systems that are simple in nature, employ good R-multiples, and cover a variety of market conditions is my focus.

In my experience, the hard part of running a fully automated portfolio is two-fold: 1. You are subject to risk by not being directly in front of your computer at all times during execution. 2. Some systems outright lose money during conditions that are not optimal for them to work and you have to be able to look at it as a business expense. Almost like insurance. In my earlier days, I wanted everything to always make money but that’s not how this type of thing works, its all about the net, and realizing that alone was probably the biggest turning point in my trading journey.

In conclusion, follow along if you're using bloodhound and running systems or are interested in learning more about this type of approach. I am always happy to help if your market expectations are realistic and I am always eager to learn from the bigger fish in this pond.

And away we go...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

Fibbee 

Some results for the systems currently incubating.

Its easier to work off of this sheet than some of the others.

The yellow week 6 will mark the start of this journal.

One thing to note is that their is overlap here with these systems. This is not about the amount of money made or lost so much as it is:

1. Is the system executing properly without errors
2. Is the system producing results that are inline with expectations.
3. Will the system integrate into the larger live portfolio.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MAY.png
Views:	373
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	300349  

Fibbee 

Start of week 6

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	START OF WEEK 1.PNG
Views:	349
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	300350  

Fibbee 

Overview of how the current incubation systems work:

SLINKY Cumulative R-7
Slinky is a NQ swing trading system that uses the TTP replicator to bring in higher time frame location data and looks for swings between 400-2000 ticks. The system runs two different templates in separate accounts, one for long and one for short, and each has slightly different logic.

Slinky Long is looking for trend continuation of the major trend from the daily chart and is executing on a 25 Range chart. Im mainly focused on the distance relationship using a comparison solver to the daily uptrend.

Slinky Short looks for re-entry following a major daily trend downshift and allows for 4 days to find the end of the retracement on a 25 range chart.

PETE R-Varies depending on version
I am currently testing a few versions of Pete. Pete (intraday) Pete Swing and Dynamic Pete

Pete Intraday uses the previous days pivots for location data and then looks to exploit short term regression using VWAP. The exits are tied to the RSI. This system performed very well before corona in a Mid/Low volatility environment.

Pete Swing uses most of the logic for the standard Pete system but expands to find diverging lows and capitulation spikes beyond SD3 outer bands. Targets for this are the same as Slinky

Pete Dynamic takes the logic of Pete swing a step further and dynamically adjusts the trigger when the daily range expands beyond a certain threshold. This helps to avoid days with a run away trend as the trigger will widen out avoiding a lot of false bounces.

Savio & Philomena 3-5R

Savio looks for intraday break outs to the short side and will only execute beyond a down threshold. This creates a great insurance system to cover losses in the event the market has a day that falls off but the drawdown is created by selling a lot of lows.

Philomena looks for re-entrys following a large down day. Basically she is searching for any second push after the market sells off. These two combined make sure that in the event we break lower there is a good chance I will catch the initial sell-off and any continuation the following day(s)

GEEGEE

This one is top-secret. But I can tell you I am using multiple time frames with the replicator to find very high R/R locations.

Ron8 
Toronto

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader 8, TOS
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 129
Thanks Received: 24

Fibbee View Post
Overview of how the current incubation systems work:

SLINKY Cumulative R-7
Slinky is a NQ swing trading system that uses the TTP replicator to bring in higher time frame location data and looks for swings between 400-2000 ticks. The system runs two different templates in separate accounts, one for long and one for short, and each has slightly different logic.

Slinky Long is looking for trend continuation of the major trend from the daily chart and is executing on a 25 Range chart. Im mainly focused on the distance relationship using a comparison solver to the daily uptrend.

Slinky Short looks for re-entry following a major daily trend downshift and allows for 4 days to find the end of the retracement on a 25 range chart.

PETE R-Varies depending on version
I am currently testing a few versions of Pete. Pete (intraday) Pete Swing and Dynamic Pete

Pete Intraday uses the previous days pivots for location data and then looks to exploit short term regression using VWAP. The exits are tied to the RSI. This system performed very well before corona in a Mid/Low volatility environment.

Pete Swing uses most of the logic for the standard Pete system but expands to find diverging lows and capitulation spikes beyond SD3 outer bands. Targets for this are the same as Slinky

Pete Dynamic takes the logic of Pete swing a step further and dynamically adjusts the trigger when the daily range expands beyond a certain threshold. This helps to avoid days with a run away trend as the trigger will widen out avoiding a lot of false bounces.

Savio & Philomena 3-5R

Savio looks for intraday break outs to the short side and will only execute beyond a down threshold. This creates a great insurance system to cover losses in the event the market has a day that falls off but the drawdown is created by selling a lot of lows.

Philomena looks for re-entrys following a large down day. Basically she is searching for any second push after the market sells off. These two combined make sure that in the event we break lower there is a good chance I will catch the initial sell-off and any continuation the following day(s)

GEEGEE

This one is top-secret. But I can tell you I am using multiple time frames with the replicator to find very high R/R locations.

Hello Fibbee,

It's good to know we have an expert here in Bloodhound.

My question is: are all of these strategies mentioned here developed in Bloodhound? Do you use Blackbird for these?

Thanks,

Ron8

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Fibbee 

Hey Ron,

Yes, everything here is built with bloodhound and executes with blackbird in a VPS.

I think what I am going to do with this journal is start building out some systems to test and run so that there's something for people to follow along with from start to finish. What do you think about that idea?

Thanked by:

Ron8 
Toronto

Platform: NinjaTrader 8, TOS
Thanks Given: 129
Thanks Received: 24

Fibbee View Post
Hey Ron,

Yes, everything here is built with bloodhound and executes with blackbird in a VPS.

I think what I am going to do with this journal is start building out some systems to test and run so that there's something for people to follow along with from start to finish. What do you think about that idea?

Hello Fibbee,

That idea would be awesome. I myself would want to learn how to build an algo trading strategy. I would be looking over a shoulder of an expert.

I'm sure a lot here wants to see how building a strategy system works. (I actually have signed up for this Bloodhound offer as well).

Thanks,

Ronnie

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Fibbee 

Sure thing!

What type of system would you like to make?

If you can give me some ideas I can run through how I would code it up using bloodhound and post a video.

Ron8 View Post
Hello Fibbee,

That idea would be awesome. I myself would want to learn how to build an algo trading strategy. I would be looking over a shoulder of an expert.

I'm sure a lot here wants to see how building a strategy system works. (I actually have signed up for this Bloodhound offer as well).

Thanks,

Ronnie

Thanked by:
 Mantrs 
San Jose, CA

Platform: NT
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

"I want to be a BloodHound!" @SharkIndicators

Fibbee 

Ron8 View Post
Hello Fibbee,

Thanks,

Ronnie

Here's a quick video on how to find pullbacks in a trend.

Sorry I cut off at the end, my wife yelled at the cat and ruined the video.

Let me know if you have a specific thing you want to learn how to do.

Also make sure you start watching Zac's bloodhound workshop tutorials on youtube. He is the master.

I attached the .bht file for this, downloaded it and drag it into your bloodhound folder inside of ninja 8/templates/bloodhound and you can play around with it.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: RONNIE'S PULLBACKS.mp4
Elite Membership required to download: Ronnie.bht

Last Updated on September 16, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts