NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Starting trading futures live again today...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Sandpaddict with 70 posts (41 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 6 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TraderDoc007 with 3 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Medge91 with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 TraderDoc007 with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Sandpaddict with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 15,902 views
    2. thumb_up 87 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 90 posts
    2. attach_file 51 attachments

Search this Thread

Starting trading futures live again today...

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,784
Thanks Received: 18,257

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader, MT4
Broker: IB, Global Prime
Trading: Futures CFDs
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 637

josh View Post

Lol. Thats about it!

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

I do not wish to post here anymore as for the nay-sayers but have once again realized I DO NEED to go for at least for a 2/1 ratio.

Although I find it much harder to trade I believe it will be easier to make money with my existing rules as they already are stated by managing loses and letting winners run.

Also this is ALL LIVE as I wish to make mistakes going live as sim is NOT correcting them.

Round... 21... lol

Medge91
london ontario

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 11

Hi Sandpaddict,

Don't let the naysayers stop you from getting you to your goals. Most of the naysayers are adding advice, sometimes it hard to see it that way. But learning to trade is a humbling task. Hate to see you discouraged from posting on here.

Good Luck

Thanked by:

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Medge91 View Post
Hi Sandpaddict,

Don't let the naysayers stop you from getting you to your goals. Most of the naysayers are adding advice, sometimes it hard to see it that way. But learning to trade is a humbling task. Hate to see you discouraged from posting on here.

Good Luck

Thank you Medge91! That really means alot. It does!

Its not about trading profits or losses. For me at least, it's about confidence. People attacking me with no REAL intentions of helping hurt my confidence to post.

I still trade. I still lose money as we all have.

But Im fully %100 live now.

Yes its only the micros. But ive lost I'm guessing almost $600 in two weeks. Not good but neither is having people attack you when we all go through this learning curve.

Im still at it and like I said my methods basically the same just going to try to trade with a 2/1 RR as Im good at letting winners run but also good at letting loser run. Lol!

So far this has been incredibly eye opening as I take loss after loss yet my account isnt depleting as my wins are so much bigger than my losses... so far!

Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU... @Medge91!

I will post win or lose once confidence is regained!

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

I'm really liking the 2/1. What happens is there is so much more control because your in profit zone so much more you can just get out in profit and add it back if it keeps going.

If it turns on you you have a small stop loss but I hate even that getting hit so losses are getting smaller and smaller.

But the profits are getting bigger and more often... the goal of every trader!!!!

Keep it up!!!

Medge91
london ontario

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 11

Not sure what you have read for the mental part of trading but I highly recommend reading Mark Douglas's material if you haven't already. He has some great books and I think there might even be some great videos on Youtube from him.

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Medge91 View Post
Not sure what you have read for the mental part of trading but I highly recommend reading Mark Douglas's material if you haven't already. He has some great books and I think there might even be some great videos on Youtube from him.

Read all his books. Same with Steinberger. And mostly all his YT stuff. At least a few hour long videos on there. Great stuff.

All VERY VERY good. Especially Douglas. Between Mark Douglas, Al Brooks and Van Tharp (whos my friggin hero) I should have this figured out.

Ive read hundreds of books. Watched hundreds of hours of video. Its just at a certain point if your gonna play tennis your going to have to put the books down and start practicing with a actual racket.

Thats the real hard part cause you never really make it. You just try to get a little better everyday.

But your also coaching yourself at that point. Which is nearly impossible.

Medge91 your the best. Thank you!

Good discussion

Thanked by:

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Man just loss after loss after loss. All small so thats why it's actually OK. But man its hard to take 5... 6... 7 hits... yet im ONE profitable trade away from making it all back. As I have a few times this morning already.

Very different from managing trades for small gains. But I can consistently lose over the long run that way. Even if it FEELS good in the short term.

This way just FEELS harder because your taking so many small losses. But I've come to the conclusion that although I may need to be able to trade comfortably I also NEED to be profitable!

Round 22...

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Nope. Can't trade 2/1. For whatever reason I completely catch every big loser!

When I'm trading 1/2 or even 1/3 I get better results but those big hits or lots of larger ones make it really hard as well.

Trading is NOT COMPLICATED... It's just HARD!

I'm having trouble balancing R/R... always seem to be on wrong side of it. (Maybe theres something there)

I know its ALL ME because if I go 1/3 I lose. If I go 1/2 I lose. If I go 2/1 lose. 3/1 lose ect...

None of this happens in the sim either. Another point at ME. But I just don't get it!

No point going on sim because as soon as I go live I have NO idea what the difference is! Just all seems totally opposite with no reason... why?

Been through this hundred times but this is the only way to learn. I know I stopped listening to other peoples stuff a long time ago but I'm always reading and studying and watching videos but NOTHING IS GOING TO FIX MY MISTAKES BUT ME!!!!

Entries don't mean squat!!! Only in relation to your exit. So its NOT my entries! I think it has to do with me fighting myself again AND the TREND. But not sure how to even SPOT IT, let alone FIX it!

One of those days you just want to give up on trading altogether!

Last Updated on July 15, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts