NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bookmap vs Jigsaw Daytradr

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Flyer873 with 16 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Bookmap with 13 posts (28 thanks)
    3. looks_3 matteo83 with 8 posts (15 thanks)
    4. looks_4 josh with 5 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Flyer873 with 4.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rainmakersg with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Bookmap with 2.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matteo83 with 1.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 79,414 views
    2. thumb_up 220 thanks given
    3. group 378 followers
    1. forum 98 posts
    2. attach_file 14 attachments

Search this Thread

Bookmap vs Jigsaw Daytradr

Mabi 
sweden

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader,MetaTrader
Trading: futures, FX
Thanks Given: 121
Thanks Received: 136

I suppose you can do all this described in this thread and create a profitable system trading manually. Or just go naked and look at lower low and higher high and have the same win %.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,770
Thanks Received: 18,187

tandem View Post
If you're DOM scalper then you have only 2 choices TT or Jigsaw, if you're not DOM scalper then anything than those 2 is better.

You also have Sierra Chart. I'm not sure which features Jigsaw has that Sierra Chart doesn't? My DOM is set up pretty much identical to it, and it is lightning fast. DOM refresh rate is faster than my monitor refresh rate. I have recenter lines across the board, pull/stack (if I want them, which I don't), bid/offer prints, vol profile, depth bars .. what else is there?

Also, I'll add that SC also has a historical depth graph. It's not as nice as bookmap, from the looks of it. However, it's worked pretty well so far.

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

matzero View Post
Unfortunately I found this kind of scenario absolutely random. Sometimes price hit area of high liquidity and bounce. Other time it hits it and trades through. Other times it reverses just before reaching the level of high liquidity. Sometimes it hits more than one levels of high liquidity and continue. Complete randomness

Same for icebergs. I've seen veeeeery large icebergs and the price went through. Sometimes it continues. Sometimes it reverses after a few ticks. Sometimes it bounces from iceberg and never returns. Random outcome, random direction after iceberg hits

Sounds like you're looking for an "if this, then buy" type of tool -- which as you know, doesn't exist (by definition, it can't work that way).

Markets move up and down purely as a function of the order flow that follows. Orders need to be filled, business needs to get done. There is no magic, no formula, and it's that simple. Yes, gaming happens all the time, in order to get better prices, create liquidity (liquidity created by stops and puking positions, for example). That's where the skill comes in, IMO. But nothing is ever going to tell you what happens next.

It's extra information. If it helps you, great, if not, as you said, then it's best to not use it. With any tool, it can be a distraction if not compartmentalized properly. Weighting any information too heavily is likely to result in frustration, FWIW.

I think @ ForJL sums it up nicely:

ForJL View Post
It is not always about what a market does but what it doesn’t do.

Thanked by:
 yoyotrader1 
COLUMBIA, SC USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradestation
Trading: emini
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 17

I was in your shoes a month ago, and the best advice I got was: Try it yourself and we will see what works best for you.

Indeed, I tried both, and my favorite is hands down Bookmap. I am still trying to make jigsaw work, giving some errors and certain functions do not work, but Peter Davis has been a great support over the helpdesk.

I think of them as JS being Toyota Corolla with manual windows, and Bookmap as Tesla model 3 with level 3 autopilot. Or for phone nuts - Bookmap is definitely an iphone, Jigsaw is your Android SDK version.
I know some JS fans out there may have a different opinion, but I am simply stating my experience. I have nothing frankly negative to say about JS, it's just taking longer time to make it work.

Both JS and Bookmap will get you from point A to point B - if you know how to drive, and guess what - it's what kind of driver you are that will matter more than the relatively insignificant advantage of one or the other.

The best news is - both offer some sort of (effectively) free trial. Bookmap lifetime for Crypto and recorded data (so you will see what it is), and JS - 14 day full refund. You absolutely have to try by yourself and see which one "fits" your brain better

Thanked by:
 Flyer873 
Gainesville, Texas/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: OFA, Jigsaw, Bookmap
Trading: Anything that moves
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 89

If I was to give advice on how to trade is Simple:
1. Find an area where you want to do business on your chart and trade the edges. (Dont' trade the middle of ranges)
2. Look for liquidity in that area to confirm your theory. (I use Bookmap to find that. )
3. Look for buyers or sellers at that level. Define your stop, in case your wrong and stick to it. (I use Jigsaw for this.)
4. Enter the trade and take Half off at 1:1 and let your runner run to your target or if you see order flow reverse.

Remember Bookmap and Jigsaw are TOOLS. They DO not tell you when to get in or get out, YOU HAVE TO TAKE the RISK so learn how to use your tools.

We are led to believe that we can scalp ourselves into fortunes. I've not ran into a trader that has been able to successfully scalp without blowing their account out 3 or more times. (Not saying there isn't some lucky guy out there.) But you will notice most successful traders DO NOT SCALP as their only setup. (EXCEPT the traders big enough to push the market their way.) I will tell you, your 3 lot is NOT going to move the market. FEAR MY 3 lot PAUL TUTOR JONES!

tandem 
Vilnius Lithuania

Platform: Exocharts.com, Jigsaw, MW
Trading: BTC, MGC, ES
Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 33

josh View Post
You also have Sierra Chart. I'm not sure which features Jigsaw has that Sierra Chart doesn't? My DOM is set up pretty much identical to it, and it is lightning fast. DOM refresh rate is faster than my monitor refresh rate. I have recenter lines across the board, pull/stack (if I want them, which I don't), bid/offer prints, vol profile, depth bars .. what else is there?

Also, I'll add that SC also has a historical depth graph. It's not as nice as bookmap, from the looks of it. However, it's worked pretty well so far.

Yes SC has everything and way more than many needs, but after using JS for few months i can't go back to SC DOM,
JS is very simple, easy to focus into the market, quickly open new ones, and order entry/exit/flat is so much more convenient, slick snappy UI is my choice over SC.
I use it mostly for order management and Journalytics, then you are free to use any orderflow package without broker feed.

Thanked by:

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

matzero View Post
Hi

I'm looking for someone who has tried both of Bookmap and Jigsaw platforms

Can you compare them? What finally you choose?

So far I found that while Bookmap is probably best in class in terms of heatmap functionality, really that's all about it

I'm wondering how Jigsaw built-in heatmap compare with BM

In Jigsaw they have also auto-adjusting large volume dots. Are they as useful as advertised?

try them yourself . it depends on how good you are at using the market generated information the platforms are generating. Jigsaw gives a no question ask refund in the first 30 days.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Flyer873 
Gainesville, Texas/USA

Platform: OFA, Jigsaw, Bookmap
Trading: Anything that moves
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 89

Bookmap View Post
Hi,

Btw. You can set up Bookmap 100% identically like Jigsaw is. It is easy and you won't miss anything in trading looking at the same setup as Jigsaw has.

Best.

dd

Can you set up 4 DOM's side by side like Jigsaw (And Center them with one click) or are stuck with one? See picture. Before I make a trade I see if the other markets are going my way.)
Thanks!!!! I'd like to see how you do that on Bookmap.

Thanked by:
Broker88
Asuncion, Paraguay

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 2

You should definitely check out Bookmap's "MBO Bundle" , you can see Icebergs and stops in a very useful way.

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

tandem View Post
order entry/exit/flat is so much more convenient

If you can elaborate a little on this? My one gripe with SC DOM is the same gripe I have with many - it is hard to cancel an order quickly. In TT you right click the working order and it's gone. In SC you have to click a small 'X' on the order. Same with bookmap, I think, from the video. Not sure about JS. Other than that, you can customize the control bar and have pretty simple order entry/exit. I keep mine very simple and clean - I just need to be able to get flat, cancel all orders, and select my quantity:

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 1, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts