NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bookmap vs Jigsaw Daytradr

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Flyer873 with 16 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Bookmap with 13 posts (28 thanks)
    3. looks_3 matteo83 with 8 posts (15 thanks)
    4. looks_4 shokunin with 5 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Flyer873 with 4.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rainmakersg with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Bookmap with 2.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matteo83 with 1.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 78,680 views
    2. thumb_up 220 thanks given
    3. group 378 followers
    1. forum 98 posts
    2. attach_file 14 attachments

Search this Thread

Bookmap vs Jigsaw Daytradr

Flyer873 
Gainesville, Texas/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: OFA, Jigsaw, Bookmap
Trading: Anything that moves
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 89

Jigsaw Trading View Post
This is like Mountain Bikes.

There's never going to be just 1 brand. I like Trek, my wife likes Giant. Different people are attracted to different brands and personalities.

It's nice to be discussed in a group of 2 though.

Suck that Cannondale!

Exactly Peter!!! Exactly
How you doing? Texas is wet and boring. Its rained so much our cows are going blind. They are dragging their tail in the mud and its pulling the skin over their eyes!.....LOL
Carl....

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
65 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
40 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
29 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

Flyer873 View Post
Exactly Peter!!! Exactly
How you doing? Texas is wet and boring. Its rained so much our cows are going blind. They are dragging their tail in the mud and its pulling the skin over their eyes!.....LOL
Carl....

Hey Carl - I am going out of my mind with boredom being locked down in Bangkok - you should book a call - probably owe you a few

On the bright side...

err....

Nope - I got nothing....

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

matzero View Post
Additionally I've watched Jigsaw videos and it appears that it can show volume profile not for the whole session but just for current rotation. I know there is SVP in Bookmap, but it shows values for a whole session and depending on your setup it's sometimes irrelevant

You can show the volume profile for the whole ETH session or RTH session on the DOM, or any session you specify from the sessions menu, or make your own custom session.
With Jigsaw the order book details and exact volume come from the DOM, you can have Vista open if you like. So all the information is on two windows rather than one Bookmap window. Therefore the Vista chart can be compressed to show lots of range if say trading the Nasdaq, but the DOM can still be at a size to read volume traded and the orderbook at an individual level. Bookmap on the other hand is all together so if you compress it down to see the days swings in a thin instrument, you can no longer read what is happening at individual levels because the orderbook and traded volume is consolidated. Horses for courses.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
 Flyer873 
Gainesville, Texas/USA

When I get ready to trade this is all I look at to place and manage the trade. I watch Bookmap and place the trade on Jigsaw. Easy EASY

Thanked by:
 theprophe 
no fixed address

Platform: edgeprox,bookmap
Broker: Edgeclear
Trading: Mes
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 42

thanks for the posts. I find placing trades and managing them with bookmap one of the best things besides the heatmap. Why do you find placing trades with jigsaw better?

Thanked by:
 Flyer873 
Gainesville, Texas/USA

theprophe View Post
thanks for the posts. I find placing trades and managing them with bookmap one of the best things besides the heatmap. Why do you find placing trades with jigsaw better?

The simple answer is, I know how to use Jigsaw better.
The other reason is, I look at correlated markets before I make a trade. Why do you want to go long ES if you see the NQ, RTY or YM ticking down? I also look at ZN, ZB they are usually going opposite of ES. SO, if the ZN is ticking up I don't and wont go long ES. Charts and Bookmap are too big and I can look at a DOM faster. I can center all the DOM's with a click of my mouse and if I'm wanting to go long ES, I want to see NQ and YM going that direction. SO If I see NQ and YM north of center line I take ES LONG. Charts don't tell you what is happening RIGHT NOW where as Centered DOM's do. I can't get that look on Bookmap. I would need to scan 6 monitors to get the same info I have with one monitor with 6 doms. I hope that helps.

theprophe 
no fixed address

Platform: edgeprox,bookmap
Broker: Edgeclear
Trading: Mes
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 42

That’s helps immensly

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

Flyer873 View Post
Charts don't tell you what is happening RIGHT NOW where as Centered DOM's do. I can't get that look on Bookmap. I would need to scan 6 monitors to get the same info I have with one monitor with 6 doms. I hope that helps.

@Flyer873

So, on bookmap, you can't just align a bunch of DOMs? My main screen using SC DOMs (which are quite good except for a couple of irritations) is exactly this (7 side by side).

If you don't mind answering, how is it to place and cancel orders .. easy, quick, ...?

Thanked by:
 Flyer873 
Gainesville, Texas/USA

theprophe View Post
That’s helps immensly

I can't figure out how to post charts in private chat so here you go.
This is how I saw my first trade this morning. zoom up on the chart and you might be able to read the notes. Let me know. The simple truth is I drew a profile on the over night low's 2 bottom bars. When the market comes down to test the level I start looking for liquidity, Icebergs bigger volume etc to take the trade. This is what I did. Look at the time on the Bookmap chart around 8:40 and you can see 3 times we tried to get through it and each time that big buyer was there to take everything the sellers were able to sell.

Flyer873 
Gainesville, Texas/USA

josh View Post
@Flyer873

So, on bookmap, you can't just align a bunch of DOMs? My main screen using SC DOMs (which are quite good except for a couple of irritations) is exactly this (7 side by side).

If you don't mind answering, how is it to place and cancel orders .. easy, quick, ...?

>My main screen using SC DOMs (which are quite good except for a couple of irritations) is exactly this (7 side by side).
Is that Bookmap? Cause I'm not sure what a SC DOM is. (Sorry)

I never could figure out how to place just dom's using bookmap but on the other hand I didn't spend a lot of time on it because I already knew how to use Jigsaw. Plus I have this theory that when you learn something, something has to be pushed out. I took a James Dalton course once and forgot how to change a tire.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 1, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts