NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Rithmic Data Feed & NT8

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 8 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two NT Brokerage with 8 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 oldporkchops with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Silent warrior with 2 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TraderCornel with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two planetkill with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NT Brokerage with 0.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 oldporkchops with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 21,588 views
    2. thumb_up 7 thanks given
    3. group 26 followers
    1. forum 45 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Rithmic Data Feed & NT8

Canada

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I am now using a rithmic data feed for full order Book with Jigsaw & Bookmap

I am trying to understand why Ninja Trader 8 does not support this. Prior to this I was on a Continuum data feed with another broker using the free version. I phoned NinjaTrader and offered to purchase the full licence as I would like to use it with Rithmic. They have told me this is not allowed unless I had a licence before 2014. However they tell me I can use it for charting only with a simulation licence they sent me which does work for live data and charting.

Can anyone here elaborate on this. It seems silly to me that NinjaTrader offers a full unlimited licence to use with any broker but will specifically not allow use with Rithmic.

In the future if this is changed it would be great to see them plugin to Rithmic R-trader as Bookmap, RT, and Jigsaw do.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

2320 View Post
I am now using a rithmic data feed for full order Book with Jigsaw & Bookmap

I am trying to understand why Ninja Trader 8 does not support this. Prior to this I was on a Continuum data feed with another broker using the free version. I phoned NinjaTrader and offered to purchase the full licence as I would like to use it with Rithmic. They have told me this is not allowed unless I had a licence before 2014. However they tell me I can use it for charting only with a simulation licence they sent me which does work for live data and charting.

Can anyone here elaborate on this. It seems silly to me that NinjaTrader offers a full unlimited licence to use with any broker but will specifically not allow use with Rithmic.

In the future if this is changed it would be great to see them plugin to Rithmic R-trader as Bookmap, RT, and Jigsaw do.

Outside of the 2014 exception you reference, NinjaTrader is available with Rithmic if you have an account with NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 yetispaghetti 
los angeles ca

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Received: 1

how did you even get rithmic data? I have been trying and cannot get it other than their 14 day trial. How much are you paying for it?

grayfrog 
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 13

yetispaghetti View Post
how did you even get rithmic data? I have been trying and cannot get it other than their 14 day trial. How much are you paying for it?

I have this same question. I thought I had the data thing figured out and now after opening the NT brokerage account it seems that the only data option is Continuum or Kinetick.

Site Sponsor

grayfrog View Post
I have this same question. I thought I had the data thing figured out and now after opening the NT brokerage account it seems that the only data option is Continuum or Kinetick.

Rithmic is an available option with NinjaTrader Brokerage in addition to Continuum.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
 grayfrog 
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 13

Maybe I am missing something but when you sign up for the NT brokerage, you immediately get a link and instructions for signing up for CQG but no where can I find how to sign up for Rithmic if that was a choice I wanted. Am I missing something like the previous poster was asking?

Site Sponsor

grayfrog View Post
Maybe I am missing something but when you sign up for the NT brokerage, you immediately get a link and instructions for signing up for CQG but no where can I find how to sign up for Rithmic if that was a choice I wanted. Am I missing something like the previous poster was asking?

I believe you must request it, CQG is the default.

https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/

yoyotrader1 
COLUMBIA, SC USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradestation
Trading: emini
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 17

When I tried to sign up for data for Ninja brokerage - it sends me to some generic data page and does not specify which provider it is. Is there a page with a clear disclosure - which provider I am signing up for?

NinjaTrader View Post
Outside of the 2014 exception you reference, NinjaTrader is available with Rithmic if you have an account with NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Site Sponsor

yoyotrader1 View Post
When I tried to sign up for data for Ninja brokerage - it sends me to some generic data page and does not specify which provider it is. Is there a page with a clear disclosure - which provider I am signing up for?

Default is Continuum by CQG. If you want something else you must request it.

https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/

yetispaghetti 
los angeles ca

Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Received: 1

Ninjatrader is not offering Rithmic. Ive been asking them and they keep saying they wont switch me...

Last Updated on August 15, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts