NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Edge Clear futures broker www.edgeclear.com (FT71)

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one EdgeClear with 30 posts (51 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 15 posts (80 thanks)
    3. looks_3 FuturesTrader71 with 8 posts (11 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Chippstrader with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one avalo with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 EdgeClear with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 FuturesTrader71 with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 39,541 views
    2. thumb_up 170 thanks given
    3. group 429 followers
    1. forum 75 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

Edge Clear futures broker www.edgeclear.com (FT71)

apogee
San Antonio, TX

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

FuturesTrader71, So you clear through Ironbeam. Is there a reason why Firetip is not included in your list of platforms? On the Ironbeam website Firetip is featured.

Apogee

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

EdgeClear   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 78

apogee View Post
FuturesTrader71, So you clear through Ironbeam. Is there a reason why Firetip is not included in your list of platforms? On the Ironbeam website Firetip is featured.

Apogee

Hi Apogee,

Thank you for reaching out! This is a great question. Since we clear through Ironbeam, we have access to the firetip software on top of the platforms listed. Please reach out so your personal broker can help set you up with the Firetip platform. Our contact form can be found here: https://edgeclear.com/contact

Have a great weekend!

Thanks,

Please call us with any questions 773.832.8320 or 844.TRADE20. Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

jakobe 
Atlanta, Georgia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: MES
Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 91

Is there offerings for Nikkei market data and trading? Currently AMP and IB are the only ones I'm aware of that offer that market.

Thanked by:

EdgeClear   is a Vendor

jakobe View Post
Is there offerings for Nikkei market data and trading? Currently AMP and IB are the only ones I'm aware of that offer that market.

Hi Jakobe,

Thank you for reaching out! We do have a solution for the Asian markets. Please reach out so your personal broker can provide more information around these contracts. Our contact form can be found here: https://edgeclear.com/contact-us/

Have a great weekend!

Thanks,

Please call us with any questions 773.832.8320 or 844.TRADE20. Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.
Thanked by:

Chippstrader 
Randolph+NJ/US
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Stage5/Advantage Futures
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 5,241
Thanks Received: 3,656

Updating here.

There was some discussion during the webinar about FIO members forming a group/pool to get discounted commissions. Anybody interested? We'd need at least 5, but the more the merrier.

Hit on the thread

--------
Chipps
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

I've been talking to Morad already. My hope is we can include any Elite Member that wants it.

Will update when have more. Nothing for certain just yet.

chipps1983 View Post
Updating here.

There was some discussion during the webinar about FIO members forming a group/pool to get discounted commissions. Anybody interested? We'd need at least 5, but the more the merrier.

Hit on the thread

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 kremat0r 
Prague, Czechia

Experience: Intermediate
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 58

I'm waiting for TT-web platform + TT routing possible on Eurex without this horrible 250$/month fee.
Unfortunately for now it's not possible.

If you will offer it + good commission, I'm in

Blaster666 
Buenos Aires Argentina

Experience: None
Platform: TWS
Trading: Micro ES
Thanks Received: 30

Edge Clear, Dear Sir:

I guess your company is starting as a small business (comparing to other brokers like IBKR or TDA, for example)

Currently there is large volatility in the markets.

For example one week ago IBKR recognized a loss of US$ 88.000.000 resulting from the crude oil contract price dropping

The coronavirus subject brings uncertainty too.

Due to events like these or similar, do you think your company is financially strong as to face volatile events?

For example, if several of your clients suffer loss in excess of the cash in their accounts due to margin calls and because of this you too loss a lot of money ... do you have a plan to face events like this?

Excuse my mean english. My best wishes for your project. I am one of the several followers of FT71 too.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Buenos días, usted inglés está bien, ¡mejor que mi español!

I'm sure that @EdgeClear will respond, but I wanted to point out a major distinction here.

IBKR is also an FCM, in addition to accepting accounts directly from the public. That means they clear their own clients trades.

Edge Clear is not an FCM (yet?) and gives you several choices who you would like to clear through. You can find a barometer of FCM financial health, as required, on the CFTC website I believe (someone please correct me). This report lists their exact cash on hand in their clearing account, for example, exactly for what you described -- client losses in excess of client trading account value.

tengas un buen día!

Blaster666 View Post
Edge Clear, Dear Sir:

I guess your company is starting as a small business (comparing to other brokers like IBKR or TDA, for example)

For example one week ago IBKR recognized a loss of US$ 88.000.000 resulting from the crude oil contract price dropping

Due to events like these or similar, do you think your company is financially strong as to face volatile events?

For example, if several of your clients suffer loss in excess of the cash in their accounts due to margin calls and because of this you too loss a lot of money ... do you have a plan to face events like this?

Excuse my mean english. My best wishes for your project. I am one of the several followers of FT71 too.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

EdgeClear   is a Vendor

Blaster666 View Post
Edge Clear, Dear Sir:

Thanks @BigMike! Here is the link you are referring to about FCM's Financial Data: https://www.cftc.gov/MarketReports/financialfcmdata/index.htm

The number we like to look at is the Excess Net Capital. This is the amount by which the adjusted net capital exceeds the net capital requirements.

Hi @Blaster666

Thank you for reaching out! This is a great question. I believe Edge Clear is financially strong to face the toughest challenges. As Mike mentioned, we are an Introducing Broker which has clearing relationships with multiple FCM's. As an IB, we do not hold the customer segregated funds account. FCM's are required to hold these funds in a segregated bank account that are held separate from the working capital of the FCM.

This customer segregation protection is a core principle of the futures industry. We take customer funds and the risk in trading futures very seriously at Edge Clear.

Last Updated on December 12, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts