NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Edge Clear futures broker www.edgeclear.com (FT71)

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one EdgeClear with 30 posts (51 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 15 posts (80 thanks)
    3. looks_3 FuturesTrader71 with 8 posts (11 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Chippstrader with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one avalo with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 EdgeClear with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 FuturesTrader71 with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 39,541 views
    2. thumb_up 170 thanks given
    3. group 429 followers
    1. forum 75 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

Edge Clear futures broker www.edgeclear.com (FT71)

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

@EdgeClear,

Do you know about The Small Exchange:

It seems very retail focused, and despite not being well known, might be a really useful solution for risk management for retail.

If you think it looks promising, I was wondering if you could petition one of your FCM's to get on-board?

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

EdgeClear   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 78

Big Mike View Post
@EdgeClear,

Do you know about The Small Exchange:

It seems very retail focused, and despite not being well known, might be a really useful solution for risk management for retail.

If you think it looks promising, I was wondering if you could petition one of your FCM's to get on-board?

Mike

Hey @BigMike,

Yeah, fully aware. They are not ready just yet, but will keep you posted on anything that develops there. You will be the first to know.

Please call us with any questions 773.832.8320 or 844.TRADE20. Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

@EdgeClear

The following are some of the questions during the webinar. If any of these merit a written response in addition to any response already given in the video, please reply for the benefit of all members reading and searching for answers:

Do you have a simulator account? Is that free?

is there an API to connect through NT8

what Asian markets are covered?

I currently trade through Advantage via an IB with both know, and use Sierra Charts with Sierra Charts Data and routing. I don't want to change my charting platform, I'm not particular about the clearing firm, and with my previous relationship with you (Morad), Max, and Ian, I would love to move over. How long do you anticipate having a solution for my situation?

We are more interested in the support of FT71 and team. What are the supporting tools like chat room etc.

When do you anticipate having analytical tools available. Tx

Is Denali on Sierra Chart also a Direct Market Access Feed?

"hi. will traders have free accress to heatmap?

thanks in advance and congratulations!"

Are Accounts from Dubau UAE allowed?

Does Rithmic have a Daily Risk Limit that locks you out after a predetermined Loss?

I trade Es and MES futures on schwab occasionally. How is this offering different from that?

You have mulitple FCMs. Why would I pick one over the other?

do you also support TT? or only CQG/Rithmic?

I get multiple disconnects from Rithmic Demo every day. Is Rithmic Live better? CQG Live does not have this problem

do you allow corporate customers?

European clients?

Can you register Canadian traders?

I use BarChart for my data feed, along with WindowTrader for my charts, so all I need is a platform to execute trades. What would I use for that if I sign up with EdgeClear?

Do you offer futures options?

I couldn't find a page on the website where you describe different fees like for withdraws. Do you have also fees for inactivity?

Is phone support available after hours?

Are you considered as a pro if you have a cme seat leased ?

minimum acct size?, and do we get a free hat?

Can Grandfathered (2012) versions of Ninja Trader 8 be used with your service?

do you have 24 hr emergeny contact number?

What is the affiliation with Convergent Trading if any?

Thank you to everyone for all the questions.

Mike

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

EdgeClear   is a Vendor

Thanks @BigMike!

We can absolutely help with these questions. We will go through them and post the answers ASAP!

Thanks!

Please call us with any questions 773.832.8320 or 844.TRADE20. Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

EdgeClear   is a Vendor

Big Mike View Post
@EdgeClear

The following are some of the questions during the webinar. If any of these merit a written response in addition to any response already given in the video, please reply for the benefit of all members reading and searching for answers:

Do you have a simulator account? Is that free?

is there an API to connect through NT8

what Asian markets are covered?

I currently trade through Advantage via an IB with both know, and use Sierra Charts with Sierra Charts Data and routing. I don't want to change my charting platform, I'm not particular about the clearing firm, and with my previous relationship with you (Morad), Max, and Ian, I would love to move over. How long do you anticipate having a solution for my situation?

We are more interested in the support of FT71 and team. What are the supporting tools like chat room etc.

When do you anticipate having analytical tools available. Tx

Is Denali on Sierra Chart also a Direct Market Access Feed?

"hi. will traders have free accress to heatmap?

thanks in advance and congratulations!"

Are Accounts from Dubau UAE allowed?

Does Rithmic have a Daily Risk Limit that locks you out after a predetermined Loss?

I trade Es and MES futures on schwab occasionally. How is this offering different from that?

You have mulitple FCMs. Why would I pick one over the other?

do you also support TT? or only CQG/Rithmic?

I get multiple disconnects from Rithmic Demo every day. Is Rithmic Live better? CQG Live does not have this problem

do you allow corporate customers?

European clients?

Can you register Canadian traders?

I use BarChart for my data feed, along with WindowTrader for my charts, so all I need is a platform to execute trades. What would I use for that if I sign up with EdgeClear?

Do you offer futures options?

I couldn't find a page on the website where you describe different fees like for withdraws. Do you have also fees for inactivity?

Is phone support available after hours?

Are you considered as a pro if you have a cme seat leased ?

minimum acct size?, and do we get a free hat?

Can Grandfathered (2012) versions of Ninja Trader 8 be used with your service?

do you have 24 hr emergeny contact number?

What is the affiliation with Convergent Trading if any?

Thank you to everyone for all the questions.

Mike

Thanks again @BigMike

Please find some answers to the questions below:

Do you have a simulator account? Is that free? -You are able to sign up for a real time demo from any platform on this page - https://edgeclear.com/trading-platforms/ This is a non-exhaustive list, so if you have a platform in mind that works with Rithmic or CQG data, let us know!

is there an API to connect through NT8 -There can be depending on when you purchased the software. You will need to have owned a license prior to 2015 to be able to use your Ninja platform with any brokerage. Feel free to comment on this thread or reach out to Edge Clear directly for more assistance.

what Asian markets are covered? – We have access to the SGX (Singapore Exchange), OSE (Osaka Exchange), and HKEX (Hong Kong Exchange)

I currently trade through Advantage via an IB with both know, and use Sierra Charts with Sierra Charts Data and routing. I don't want to change my charting platform, I'm not particular about the clearing firm, and with my previous relationship with you (Morad), Max, and Ian, I would love to move over. How long do you anticipate having a solution for my situation? – We would love for you to join the team as well! We can accommodate your Sierra Chart platform with the Denali feed through other order routing services. If you would like more information on this solution, you are welcomed to reach out to Edge Clear and one of your previous relationships (Morad, Max, or Ian) will walk you through the setup.

We are more interested in the support of FT71 and team. What are the supporting tools like chat room etc. –Edge Clear is a brokerage firm that is committed to providing personal support to all of its members. Kevin and Ian are not only fantastic brokers, but they also trade their own account and can speak to your needs from that level. This is in addition to years of experience in understanding the industry, the various trading platforms and so on. As of right now, Edge Clear does not provide access to a chat room. We do have partnership that provide that service. We would be happy to discuss this with you.

When do you anticipate having analytical tools available. Tx - There are many analytics tools on the market. @FuturesTrader71 started creating them back in his prop shop days in 2003. What he is building now is something that will be available to all our members using our technology and we believe the details and training to use it will be unmatched. We anticipate its release in 2nd half of the summer. With more members joining, we would like it to be sooner. But to put out a proper product, it takes a bit of time.

Is Denali on Sierra Chart also a Direct Market Access Feed? -Denali is the feed that Sierra Chart has created to power their charts with data. You still need an execution service to submit orders through. This is where we come into play to set up the order routing service through one of our providers.

"hi. will traders have free accress to heatmap? -We do not have a free heatmap currently. However, we work with a wide variety of platforms that offer this tool. Some examples are BookMap, Jigsaw and Sierra Chart

thanks in advance and congratulations!" -THANK YOU!! We would not be here without the support and involvement of our members. 😊

Are Accounts from Dubau UAE allowed? – Yes, we can accept accounts from the UAE!

Does Rithmic have a Daily Risk Limit that locks you out after a predetermined Loss? -Yes, we can set up a daily loss limit on your account! There are two ways we can set this up, as a minimum account balance or a daily loss limit. Either in a dollar amount or percentage.

I trade Es and MES futures on schwab occasionally. How is this offering different from that? – For one, the commissions should be lower, and in our opinion, the market data you will receive from a Futures specific data and execution service will be much higher quality.

You have mulitple FCMs. Why would I pick one over the other? There are many factors involved that we would not want to make a recommendation. However, feel free to reach out to an Edge Clear representative with your preferred setup, and our experts will be able to guide you into the right direction.

do you also support TT? or only CQG/Rithmic? – We support CQG, Rithmic, TT, Certigo and CTS.

I get multiple disconnects from Rithmic Demo every day. Is Rithmic Live better? CQG Live does not have this problem - There are many factors involved around this including internet speed, ping time, anti virus software, and the prioritization of Live servers. We would like to schedule some time to talk with you about this. Can you please reach out to Edge Clear and reference this comment? The goal of this is to make sure you are properly set up, and if you would like to use CQG you can with us!

do you allow corporate customers? – Yes! We do accept corporate accounts.

European clients? -Yes, we can accept most European traders as Edge Clear members!

Can you register Canadian traders? Yes we can!

I use BarChart for my data feed, along with WindowTrader for my charts, so all I need is a platform to execute trades. What would I use for that if I sign up with EdgeClear? -There are a few options we can offer through CQG and Rithmic. A couple platforms we have in mind are R|Trader Pro or TradingView. In my opinion, these are some of the lower costing platforms if all you are looking for is execution.

Do you offer futures options? -currently, we allow long options only. We do not allow short selling of options products.

I couldn't find a page on the website where you describe different fees like for withdraws. Do you have also fees for inactivity? -Withdraw fees depend on the location and type of withdraws. Wire fees range from $25-$60. We do not charge inactivity fees, however, Rithmic and CQG both have monthly API fees.

Is phone support available after hours? -We do not have access to phone support overnight. With the support of our traders, this may be something we can offer in the future. At this time though, we have created a Support Board that continuously evolves as we receive inquiries. Traders have access to our Support Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. For your convenience, please find the Support Center below:

https://support.edgeclear.com/

However, if you would like to trade at a clearing firm that offers a 24/6 Emergency Risk Desk in case of live trade emergencies, please contact us and a broker can point you in the right direction.

Are you considered as a pro if you have a cme seat leased ? – Yes, you are considered a professional and must pay professional data fees if you lease a seat on the exchange. However, depending on your volume, you still may save you money by leasing a seat on the exchange.

minimum acct size– The absolute minimum to trade the Micros are $1,500. For most other products, we prefer an initial starting balance of $10,000. However, we can accept lower amounts on a case by case basis.

and do we get a free hat? -I just so happen to have an extra hat! 😊

Can Grandfathered (2012) versions of Ninja Trader 8 be used with your service? – Yes!

do you have 24 hr emergeny contact number? -We do have a 24-hour emergency trade desk for those trading after the RTH session!

What is the affiliation with Convergent Trading if any? - There is no direct affiliation between Convergent and Edge Clear. @FuturesTrader71 participates in both. Convergent is where the trader development, chat services, statistical reports, forums and other prop tools are available for members. Edge Clear supports all members and partnerships that join us equally.

jakobe 
Atlanta, Georgia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: MES
Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 91

It's been awhile with no word on a FIO group being formed.

I know I'd personally be interested in this if it were to get off the ground.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

I've been speaking with Morad and Max and they are working on it for sure.

In the meantime, consider opening an account and get setup -- then as soon as the group is available, you can just transition to it.

I'll ask @EdgeClear to confirm what I'm saying and see if they can share any new info yet.

jakobe View Post
It's been awhile with no word on a FIO group being formed.

I know I'd personally be interested in this if it were to get off the ground.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

EdgeClear   is a Vendor

Big Mike View Post
I've been speaking with Morad and Max and they are working on it for sure.

In the meantime, consider opening an account and get setup -- then as soon as the group is available, you can just transition to it.

I'll ask @EdgeClear to confirm what I'm saying and see if they can share any new info yet.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanks @BigMike! We are finalizing a few different options around the Commission Pools for FIO. We should have proposal by the end of next week.

Thanked by:

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

Curious, does @EdgeClear have a relationship with TTN? If so please explain.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

EdgeClear   is a Vendor

Blash View Post
Curious, does @EdgeClear have a relationship with TTN? If so please explain.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

Hello Blash,

Edge Clear does not have a relationship with TTN at this time.

Are you searching for a news feed?

Best of luck trading!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 12, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts