NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

SharkIndicators - Jeremy Tang & Keith Wolf - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SharkIndicators with 30 posts (30 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 15 posts (32 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Nikologr with 9 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tradertool with 6 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one EgoRisk with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tradertool with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SharkIndicators with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 46,045 views
    2. thumb_up 99 thanks given
    3. group 1,087 followers
    1. forum 89 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Search this Thread

SharkIndicators - Jeremy Tang & Keith Wolf - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Photon66 
New York, NY, US

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS
Trading: Stocks, Options, Emini ES
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 1

Does shark system including the Black Bird work with volumetric series (range, tick, volume, or time)?
Is there any kill switch in Shark System in case the trade get out of hand against you? Thanks.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

SharkIndicators  SharkIndicators is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: SharkIndicators
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: SharkIndicators Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 170
Thanks Received: 79

Hi Photon,

Photon66 View Post
Does shark system including the Black Bird work with volumetric series (range, tick, volume, or time)?

Yes, that bar type can be used with BloodHound and BlackBird. Please note, that BH is not an order flow type of indicator, therefore it does not read the volumetric data. You need a specialized volumetric indicator to read/analyze that type of data. Such as, OrderFlowAnalyitics' indicators. They work with BH, and there are others I just don't have them memorized.

Photon66 View Post
Is there any kill switch in Shark System in case the trade get out of hand against you? Thanks.

BlackBird has a Risk management and Money management settings for that. Here is an example, Exit Trade When Loss Exceeds.

BloodHound for signals, and BlackBird for trade management.
Thanked by:
 jneedle 
San Jose, CA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 33

I'm a new user of both Blackbird and Bloodhound. I'm rummaging through the documentation and online training but so far haven't found the answer to a simple question. (There's a chance I'm just dumb. Maybe a good chance.) I have a NinjaTrader 8 strategy that is good at entering trades but terrible at managing them, with only a simple stop and profit target as options. How can I use your products to manage the trades that the strategy enters by using your more sophisticated tools to handle the stops and profit targets?

If you can refer to me to the documentation or training video that answers that question, great. Or perhaps you can spell it out here. I'm not looking for details of a specific stop/profit strategy or how to set it up, only how to get BlackBird to use the stop/profit strategy on a trade that's already been entered by a strategy that does that on its own.

Thanks!

Site Sponsor

jneedle View Post
I'm a new user of both Blackbird and Bloodhound. I'm rummaging through the documentation and online training but so far haven't found the answer to a simple question. (There's a chance I'm just dumb. Maybe a good chance.) I have a NinjaTrader 8 strategy that is good at entering trades but terrible at managing them, with only a simple stop and profit target as options. How can I use your products to manage the trades that the strategy enters by using your more sophisticated tools to handle the stops and profit targets?

If you can refer to me to the documentation or training video that answers that question, great. Or perhaps you can spell it out here. I'm not looking for details of a specific stop/profit strategy or how to set it up, only how to get BlackBird to use the stop/profit strategy on a trade that's already been entered by a strategy that does that on its own.

Thanks!

Thanks for question. It's not specific enough to give a specific answer, but you mentioned stop and profit targets.

The first place I send new users to is the workshop recordings list. This is a huge list of examples from other users, which can be a great way to learn software that's open-ended like this.

As for setting up your stop/profit rules, how they trail, what the triggers are, etc. check out the Order Sets page.

After reviewing these two resources, if you get stuck on how to do a particular thing, please email us at [email protected] with more details, what you're trying to do specifically. We'll do our best to find a video, or give you an answer, or we can demonstrate it in this week's workshop.

Thanked by:

Site Sponsor

jneedle View Post
I have a NinjaTrader 8 strategy that is good at entering trades but terrible at managing them, with only a simple stop and profit target as options. How can I use your products to manage the trades that the strategy enters by using your more sophisticated tools to handle the stops and profit targets?

Sorry for the previous response that didn't answer your question. That was by someone else on the Si Team.

The answer is NinjaTrader does Not allow that. A strategy is not allowed to influence, effect, or manage other strategies or their orders.
What you will need to do in order for BB to trade your strategies system is to extract the portion of the code that generates/calculates the entry points, and turn that into an indicator. This new indicator will need to output a Series<T> or Plot as +1 for a long signal, -1 for a short signal, and 0 for no signal. BB will be able to read that indicators output and enter positions based on the signals.

Take care,
Zac

P.S. Please note, we do not provide any kind of programming help or support. If you need coding help, there are many NinjaScript programmers out there that can do the job easily.

Thanked by:
 jneedle 
San Jose, CA

Thanks for both answers to my question!

What puzzles me is that Bloodhound's order handling capacity does work with on-the-fly discretionary trades. If I press, say, the Go Long button on the Bloodhound trading window, the pre-programmed entering and handling logic clicks in and that discretionary trade is then managed. Why couldn't there be a "bridge" of some sort for other strategies which adds some code to virtually click that Go Long button to enter a trade?

You could for example have some generic code that could be added to a strategy to write a buy/sell order to a given folder as text and have BloodHound monitor that folder for such orders. I think something similar is done to integrate TradeStation orders with NT.

The advantage of such a bridge would be that it would work with protected strategies. You'd only need to capture the output and you wouldn't need to know the details of the strategy logic or the names of the internal script variables. There'd be no need to decipher or analyze or, indeed, alter such strategies. The action would be external to the workings of the strategy itself, but I do understand that might violate the NT rule you mention.

Perhaps examining the strategy output as you suggest isn't as difficult as I think it might be at first glance. I'm still just learning your software. I do like it. It's very useful, a great step up from the methods NT provides.

Site Sponsor

jneedle View Post
What puzzles me is that Bloodhound's order handling capacity does work with on-the-fly discretionary trades. If I press, say, the Go Long button on the Bloodhound trading window, the pre-programmed entering and handling logic clicks in and that discretionary trade is then managed.

The Go Long/Short buttons come from within the BlackBird strategy. Thus, the entry order is created internally. Not externally from some other source. Again, that is a requirement of NT.

jneedle View Post
Why couldn't there be a "bridge" of some sort for other strategies which adds some code to virtually click that Go Long button to enter a trade? You could for example have some generic code that could be added to a strategy to write a buy/sell order to a given folder as text and have BloodHound monitor that folder for such orders.

In order to generate a text file you would have to modify/edit your custom strategy to do that. If you can edit your strategy, why wouldn't you just create an indicator, as suggested above? Having programs communicate via a text or csv file for real-time operations is a VERY "dirty" and lagging form of communicating. For real-time trading your custom program needs to be called by BlackBird in millisecond real-time direct communication. Not via a text file. There are also other technical aspects of Ninja that will introduce time lag in text file communication that I will not go into. Sorry to disappoint, but that's the reality of it.

jneedle View Post
I think something similar is done to integrate TradeStation orders with NT.

There is not a large enough customer base on the NinjaTrader platform who are proficient programmers that would be capable of utilizing a BlackBird API to net a positive ROI vs. the cost of implementing and continuous support of an API. We have considered that, but the customer base is way to small

jneedle View Post
The advantage of such a bridge would be that it would work with protected strategies. You'd only need to capture the output...

For my own education I'm curious to know, if its a protected strategy how would you be able to capture the output?

jneedle View Post
The action would be external to the workings of the strategy itself, but I do understand that might violate the NT rule you mention.

If it was possible, it would be riddled with continuous issues, which might be fine if some coded that for themselves, but a paying customer would be very upset. No thanks ha-ha.

jneedle View Post
I'm still just learning your software. I do like it. It's very useful, a great step up from the methods NT provides.

Thank you for the feed back. Admittedly, we do have quite a ways to go to round out BlackBird's capabilities. When we look at all the functionality and capabilities that traders/customers want, we have to analyze it like a statistical bell curve. The majority ways of how people are trading make up the peak middle of the bell curve, and that has highest priority. the unique, rare, and out of the box trading ideas are on the edges of the bell curve. The edges get clipped, because the ROI is negative for those capabilities/features.
The other thing we need to be mindful of is how daunting the user interface will get if we add every rouge idea a trader wants. Which airplane looks easier to learn to fly...

or this one? ...

jneedle 
San Jose, CA

I've returned to trading after an absence of a decade, and I'm faced with learning C#, NinjaScript, Bloodhound, Blackbird, and some proprietary software all at once. I'm overwhelmed--and I'm lazy. So I throw out a bunch of questions and ideas in the hope someone will do the thinking and the work for me. I'm not at all surprised that's not practical or possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks very much for your responsive and detailed answer!

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,244
Thanks Received: 101,669

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Site Sponsor

Hello Forex traders

We would appreciate your feedback on which order flag style you think looks best for displaying forex quantity in order flags on the chart. This is a very quick poll with four options to choose from.
https://forms.gle/mmqHk3LGsA7f3QEU9

Thanks for the feedback.

Last Updated on July 23, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts