NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

SharkIndicators - Jeremy Tang & Keith Wolf - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SharkIndicators with 30 posts (30 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 15 posts (32 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Nikologr with 9 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tradertool with 6 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one EgoRisk with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tradertool with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SharkIndicators with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 45,881 views
    2. thumb_up 99 thanks given
    3. group 1,087 followers
    1. forum 89 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Search this Thread

SharkIndicators - Jeremy Tang & Keith Wolf - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

SharkIndicators  SharkIndicators is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: SharkIndicators
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: SharkIndicators Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 170
Thanks Received: 79

tradertool View Post
Do you have any Black Friday special deals on Lifetime Maintenance Fees on Blackbird and Bloodhound combo?

Hey tradertool,

Go ahead and send an email to [email protected] from the email address you used to purchase. We'll check what options are available for you. Generally, to upgrade to a Lifetime of updates costs the equivalent of 4 years of updates. So you get to decide if that's worth it for your long-term plans.

On a side note, thanks to everyone who purchases the maintenance each year (most do). It allows us to keep your original purchase lower, and it's a huge motivator for Jeremy to continue improving the product, both under-the-hood as well as adding new features. We're finally able to start working on real new features now that NT8 is working well (we won't speak of the dark days of early NT8 development).

Cheers.

BloodHound for signals, and BlackBird for trade management.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
33 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
28 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

lesterb 
Toronto, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 288
Thanks Received: 92

Hey Zac, I have until Monday to evaluate your software? Seriously? The market is shut.
lesterb

Thanked by:
 tradertool 
Los Angeles, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja Trader, Meta Trader, Tradestation, Multicharts, Fibonacci Trader
Broker: AMP Futures
Trading: Eminis + Stocks
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 13

SharkIndicators View Post
Hey tradertool,

Go ahead and send an email to [email protected] from the email address you used to purchase. We'll check what options are available for you. Generally, to upgrade to a Lifetime of updates costs the equivalent of 4 years of updates. So you get to decide if that's worth it for your long-term plans.

On a side note, thanks to everyone who purchases the maintenance each year (most do). It allows us to keep your original purchase lower, and it's a huge motivator for Jeremy to continue improving the product, both under-the-hood as well as adding new features. We're finally able to start working on real new features now that NT8 is working well (we won't speak of the dark days of early NT8 development).

Cheers.

I see that the Black Friday deal for both Bloodhound and Blackbird combo deal is $1,495, which is a great deal. However, buyer beware, lifetime maintenance is fairly close to the Black Friday deal price. The annual subscription is 1/4 of lifetime maintenance fees. Consider to actual cost before anyone makes the decision to purchase.

Thanked by:

Site Sponsor

tradertool View Post
I see that the Black Friday deal for both Bloodhound and Blackbird combo deal is $1,495, which is a great deal. However, buyer beware, lifetime maintenance is fairly close to the Black Friday deal price. The annual subscription is 1/4 of lifetime maintenance fees. Consider to actual cost before anyone makes the decision to purchase.

Yeah the maintenance only applies to updates. After the first year, if you're happy with the version that was out at that time, you can keep using it at no further cost. Most people get updates 1 year at a time, but the Lifetime Upgrade is available for those who want all future updates.

Thanks for bringing this up. It's always a good idea to know these things before purchasing products (from us or anyone).

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,217
Thanks Received: 101,608

tradertool View Post

Are you saying the software stops working if you don't pay the maintenance? I would be shocked if that were the case. Normally in the business world, maintenance is just that -- maintenance, updates and support. But you can forego it if you don't want any of those things.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Site Sponsor

lesterb View Post
Hey Zac, I have until Monday to evaluate your software? Seriously? The market is shut.
lesterb

Hi lesterb,

Many people use historical data when first learning to use BloodHound, so in most cases this isn't an issue. Feel free to download the 30-day trial and get going, and if you're ready to buy in December, our regular prices are still low by industry standards.

Black Friday has been a great option for people who have watched our stuff for weeks (or months or years) and decided to pull the trigger and start trading their system ideas.

Thanks for your interest lesterb!

Site Sponsor

Big Mike View Post
Normally in the business world, maintenance is just that -- maintenance, updates and support. But you can forego it if you don't want any of those things.

Mike

Your description of "maintenance" is exactly correct. It's optional access to updates. In theory a major NinjaTrader update could break the version you're using, but we haven't seen that happen in a long time.

Regarding support, you don't need to be current on maintenance. Our tech guy Mike will answer support emails regardless.

tradertool 
Los Angeles, CA

Platform: Ninja Trader, Meta Trader, Tradestation, Multicharts, Fibonacci Trader
Broker: AMP Futures
Trading: Eminis + Stocks
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 13

Big Mike View Post
Are you saying the software stops working if you don't pay the maintenance? I would be shocked if that were the case. Normally in the business world, maintenance is just that -- maintenance, updates, and support. But you can forego it if you don't want any of those things.

Mike

YES and NO. It won't work with any templates that were built with a newer version of Bloodhound and Blackbird. In addition, basically, you are stuck with the old version. Hence, if any NinjaTrader updates or upgrades start to affect your old version of Bloodhound and Blackbird, the only way to get it going again is to pay for the maintenance. Many gurus or prebuilt templates use the most up to date version of the software; therefore, it won't work. At best, you will be stuck with the old system or the system you created using the old version.

That is why Shark Indicators gives a huge discount for their software but never on the maintenance. That is where they make their pure profit. No affiliate fees, sales commissions, and discounts; absolutely pure profits.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,217
Thanks Received: 101,608

I would disagree on the assessment that is "pure profit", there are probably a lot of costs involved behind the scenes.

Still, I appreciate the details and it's good info. I still think it's a normal business operation. Other platforms charge an ongoing monthly fee, or NinjaTrader for example offers a lifetime option -- just like Shark seems to do.

Seems totally reasonable to me, but it's good that everyone be informed prior to any purchase.

Happy Thanksgiving!

tradertool View Post
YES and NO. It won't work with any templates that were built with a newer version of Bloodhound and Blackbird. In addition, basically, you are stuck with the old version. Hence, if any NinjaTrader updates or upgrades start to affect your old version of Bloodhound and Blackbird, the only way to get it going again is to pay for the maintenance. Many gurus or prebuilt templates use the most up to date version of the software; therefore, it won't work. At best, you will be stuck with the old system or the system you created using the old version.

That is why Shark Indicators gives a huge discount for their software but never on the maintenance. That is where they make their pure profit. No affiliate fees, sales commissions, and discounts; absolutely pure profits.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

liquidcci 
Austin, TX

Platform: ninjatrader, r-trader
Trading: NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 610
Thanks Received: 1,091

I personally don't mind the maintenance fee. It is nominal if making money trading. It also insures these guys are able to thrive and continue to develop the product. It is in my interest as a user they make a profit. It takes a bit to learn but once do I have found it to be a great investment. What might take a month or two to use a programmer with all the back and forth now takes me a few days or even hours. Also much cheaper than hiring someone every time you need something coded.

tradertool View Post

"The day I became a winning trader was the day it became boring. Daily losses no longer bother me and daily wins no longer excited me. Took years of pain and busting a few accounts before finally got my mind right. I survived the darkness within and now just chillax and let my black box do the work."
Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 23, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts