NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 153 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 88 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Philip Hutchinson with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 104,342 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 325 followers
    1. forum 587 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Doug Pearson 
Cantonment

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja trader
Trading: CL, GC, currencies
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 4

Ninja, Bookmap, and Jigsaw data feeds:

I would be interested in ideas on how to marry these 3 together. I like Jigsaws DOM, Bookmaps heatmap, and Ninja Traders charting. I would like to use all 3 at once but not sure how to do it as far as the data feeds go. Currently have a ninja Trader lifetime license, Ninja trader brokerage is my broker and Continuum is my data feed . Looking at Tradovate for data feeds to Bookmap and Jigsaw.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
About a successful futures trader who didn´t know anyth …
Psychology and Money Management
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,514
Thanks Received: 26,292

billmcg View Post
NINJA TRADER QUESTION: Will the new portal accept all of the indicator work we have purchased or will there be trouble adapting these many items we have purchased and created templates for ????????????????????

Hi @billmcg,

I would like to refer your question to members of the forum, but I do not quite understand it.

Can you clarify a bit? What is the "new portal" you refer to, and how or why are you concerned it might affect the indicators you have purchased?

I am not that close to NT any more, but I do not recognize what you mean. Please come back with a fuller explanation, and we will try to get you an answer, or put the question to members who can help you.

Thanks.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Doug Pearson View Post
Ninja, Bookmap, and Jigsaw data feeds:

I would be interested in ideas on how to marry these 3 together. I like Jigsaws DOM, Bookmaps heatmap, and Ninja Traders charting. I would like to use all 3 at once but not sure how to do it as far as the data feeds go. Currently have a ninja Trader lifetime license, Ninja trader brokerage is my broker and Continuum is my data feed . Looking at Tradovate for data feeds to Bookmap and Jigsaw.

Hi @Doug Pearson,

I see that you have subsequently posted your question in the Bookmap AMA thread. Normally, in this "ask any question" thread, we simply try to steer members who are not experienced with the forum toward threads or sections where they are likely to get an answer, but I see that you have a good handle on it.

On the chance that you may have better luck in the Ninja area, I am copying your post into a new thread the NinjaTrader section to see if it draws a response.

You can access the new thread here:

Good luck. Someone has to have done this.

Bob.

billmcg
rochester,newyork,usa

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 12

Action Required: Access the New NinjaTrader Portal
Your new NinjaTrader account management portal has arrived!

Simply click the button below and create a new username and password for brokerage account #xxxxxx to access the new portal.

CONTINUE

Designed to deliver a more flexible and modern user experience, new tools & features now available include:

Enhanced security including 2 factor authentication (2FA)
Simplified market data enablement process
Customizable risk settings for your account
Expanded funds management capabilities including real-time account balance
Access to history & status of ACH transfers for US-based traders
Advanced reporting functionality
As an added bonus, you will also now be able to use your NinjaTrader account to trade the recently launched Event-Based Contracts from CME Group. Simply download the Event Contract App available through Tradovate & login using your NinjaTrader username and password. Learn More.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

billmcg View Post
NINJA TRADER QUESTION: Will the new portal accept all of the indicator work we have purchased or will there be trouble adapting these many items we have purchased and created templates for ????????????????????

billmcg View Post
Action Required: Access the New NinjaTrader Portal
Your new NinjaTrader account management portal has arrived!

Simply click the button below and create a new username and password for brokerage account #xxxxxx to access the new portal.

CONTINUE

Designed to deliver a more flexible and modern user experience, new tools & features now available include:

Enhanced security including 2 factor authentication (2FA)
Simplified market data enablement process
Customizable risk settings for your account
Expanded funds management capabilities including real-time account balance
Access to history & status of ACH transfers for US-based traders
Advanced reporting functionality
As an added bonus, you will also now be able to use your NinjaTrader account to trade the recently launched Event-Based Contracts from CME Group. Simply download the Event Contract App available through Tradovate & login using your NinjaTrader username and password. Learn More.

Thanks for clarifying.

I don't believe that a change in account portal will change anything other than how you access account information.

However, I am reposting your question in the NinjaTrader "Ask Me Anything" thread. It is always better to ask the source directly when you need an official answer.

You can access the new post at this link:

Bob.

Thanked by:
rezamerik
Seattle, WA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

Good day everyone!

I am new to trading futures and mainly trade MNQ (micro e-mini NASDAQ). I am wondering on which exchange is MNQ traded? Is it CME, CBOT, NYMEX, or COMEX (or perhaps all of them)? I'm asking because I need to purchase level 2 data from my broker. Should I only buy market depth for CME, or all of the exchanges?

I appreciate your answers!

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,388
Thanks Received: 10,207

rezamerik View Post
Good day everyone!

I am new to trading futures and mainly trade MNQ (micro e-mini NASDAQ). I am wondering on which exchange is MNQ traded? Is it CME, CBOT, NYMEX, or COMEX (or perhaps all of them)? I'm asking because I need to purchase level 2 data from my broker. Should I only buy market depth for CME, or all of the exchanges?

I appreciate your answers!

The CME Group is a publicly listed company. They own all of the four major exchanges you mentioned (CME, CBOT, NYMEX, or COMEX).
MNQ and most of the other equity derivative contracts (with DJIA being the obvious exception) are all traded on CME. So you only need it for CME.

As a rule of thumb
CME - Equities, FX, Some Bonds, Ags/Meats
CBOT - Some Bonds, Ags/Grains
NYMEX - Energy
COMEX - Metals

Thanked by:
 jgilmo 
Largo Florida USA

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 6

WHY IS THIS SITE SO HARD TO USE? PLEASE TELL ME! THIS SITE MAKES ME FEEL STUPID AND I AM NOT STUPID!

jgilmo 
Largo Florida USA

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 6

Bookmap does not Work, Trust me the Algorithms do not sit with Passive Orders I know for a Fact they only Place Trades Once the Line has been Touched.
bobwest View Post
Hi @Doug Pearson,

I see that you have subsequently posted your question in the Bookmap AMA thread. Normally, in this "ask any question" thread, we simply try to steer members who are not experienced with the forum toward threads or sections where they are likely to get an answer, but I see that you have a good handle on it.

On the chance that you may have better luck in the Ninja area, I am copying your post into a new thread the NinjaTrader section to see if it draws a response.

You can access the new thread here:

Good luck. Someone has to have done this.

Bob.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

jgilmo View Post
WHY IS THIS SITE SO HARD TO USE? PLEASE TELL ME! THIS SITE MAKES ME FEEL STUPID AND I AM NOT STUPID!

Hi @jgilmo,

I'm sorry you've had problems with the site, but to be of any help, I will need to have something to go on that you are having trouble with.

I just read all your posts on the site to date to try to find out what is not working for you. I only saw one definite problem that you mentioned in any of them, which was that there is no "Reply" button, only a "Quote" button. At least I can help with this.

On every page, at both the beginning of the page and after the last post on the page, you will see a "Post Reply" button. If you click on that button, it will open up a window for you to type your message, and if you then click the "Submit Reply" button on that window, it will add your post directly after the last post on the page.

Here is an example from this page:

--------------------------

I understand you are frustrated, but we will need more from you if we are to be of any help.

I did write, some time ago, a short guide on "How to post." I know you have seen at least part of that thread, because you posted on it today. The part that I think may be of help, in terms of explaining how the site is set up, can be read if you click on this box, which will take you there:

If this does not clear anything up, please come back here and give me some concrete feedback that I can use to understand what you need. Without something for me to go on, I cannot know what will do the job.

I do want to help, and so I am asking you to make it possible for me to do so, by giving me something definite to go on that you do not understand.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Bob.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts