NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 153 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 88 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Philip Hutchinson with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 100,778 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 325 followers
    1. forum 587 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

I need help with ... (ask any question)

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

RDCoach View Post
Futures Traders, Does anyone have first hand experience or feedback on APEX for funding trading accounts? Would really appreciate it. Robin (Futures trader)

HI @DCoach,

There is already a huge amount of posting on Apex, and of user experiences, pro and con.

Probably you should start with the main review thread, here, and then branch out from there using the Search function:

There is a lot of interest in Apex, so if you have particular questions you will likely be able to get them answered.

But if you start from there you'll have a start.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

BenjaminR 
Chicago, Illinois/United States of America

Platform: Sierra Chart, Daytradr,MW
Broker: AMP, ADMIS, Gain, Charles Schwab. Data: CQG, Open-eCry
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 25

I make a video going over a strategic plan for trading the ES most days, & then either a mid-day update or an end of day review of how things played out in reference to those plans. It can be very helpful to those learning context & market profile, among other things. I shared it in "Hideout", but not sure how to share on a daily basis, other than replying to the first post. Also seems the subsequent replies/shares for new days are not as visible.

Thank you,

Ben

Here is the channel if you wish to easily review the content of these pre-market videos. [Sometimes they are not available before the open- depends on news & other aggravating factors]

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

BenjaminR View Post
I make a video going over a strategic plan for trading the ES most days, & then either a mid-day update or an end of day review of how things played out in reference to those plans. It can be very helpful to those learning context & market profile, among other things. I shared it in "Hideout", but not sure how to share on a daily basis, other than replying to the first post. Also seems the subsequent replies/shares for new days are not as visible.

Thank you,

Ben

Here is the channel if you wish to easily review the content of these pre-market videos. [Sometimes they are not available before the open- depends on news & other aggravating factors]

Hi @BenjaminR,

What you are doing is already the best way to do what you are asking about, as I have understood it.

When you posted your first video, you opened a new thread and created the first post in it. Your subsequent videos were posted in that thread every time you clicked "Post Reply." You're not actually "replying to the first post," you are creating a new post in your thread.

The forum is organized into large topic sections, one of which is named "Traders Hideout," and within those topics it is subdivided into "threads," which are groups (or "threads" ) of posts laid out in chronological order. When you do a "Post Reply," you are adding a post to the existing thread. Having this thread-based organization allows related posts to stay together in sequence, so anyone viewing one post in the thread can easily view any earlier or later posts, including any replies from other members, and the entire sequence can form an understandable progression.

The only alternative to this thread structure would be for you to create essentially one single-post thread for every post you made. This would quickly break your writing into a bunch of unrelated single posts with no continuity. We would also step in and ask you not to do that, because it would needlessly contribute to the forum becoming fragmented and harder for members to follow. Once you become familiar with this thread structure, it will be easier to make sense of what is going on.

As to "the subsequent replies/shares for new days are not as visible," all new posts are visible in four places: (1) in the list of new posts in the right-hand section of the "Trading Forum Chatbox," half-way down the main page of the site; (2) from the "New Posts" tab on the ribbon at the top of the main page (these disappear from your list once you have clicked on and read them); (3) from the "Today's Posts" selection in the "Browse" tab at the top of the main page; (4) by clicking on the name of your thread if you drill down from its main topic section (in your case, "Traders Hideout") to find the list of threads in each section -- this will get you to the first post of your thread, and you can then navigate within the thread. Almost everyone uses either option (1) or (2). They are very quick and convenient.

I hope this has answered your questions, and that you can now make more sense of how the posts and threads are displayed. Let me know if you have more questions.

----------------------------

Now, I do have a question for you. I reviewed one of your YouTube videos, seeking to understand your content. We have no issue with someone posting YouTube videos on the forum, but we are extremely interested in not allowing the forum to be used by someone seeking payment for advice, products or services from our members. I did not see any indication that you are offering a paid service, but this is my question: are you, in any way, providing a service or product using your posts on the forum to find customers?

We do not object to vendors being members of the forum, nor to them having an off-forum business, including any content they provide off the forum. We have many who do. But we do not want the forum to be a platform for anyone to promote any business or product to the other members. Please take a look at the Terms and Conditions, under the heading "Vendors and Self-Promotion" for a statement of the policy, at this link: https://nexusfi.com/disclaimer/

If, within the meaning of that policy, you are not a vendor, you will be fine in making your YouTube posts here; if you are a vendor of any service but do not promote it here, we will want you to let us know, and will flag your account as a vendor account. Many vendors participate in the forum and give value. If the YouTube posts are intended to promote any service, they will have to be removed. If they do not contain any information about any service or product, they may remain.

I just read this over and I know it sounds pretty hard-edged, which I don't mean it to be. If you are not attempting to pitch promotional material on the forum, all will be well.

But please let me know the answer to my question, and we will go from there. If you need anything clarified, let me know. Feel free to Direct Message me if you do not wish to discuss the matter publicly.

Bob.

alphabarry
halifax canada

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

helo,if I want to subscribe kinetik will I have profile volume indicators?

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

alphabarry View Post
helo,if I want to subscribe kinetik will I have profile volume indicators?

Hi @alphabarry,

This is a NinjaTrader question. I have opened a new thread on the topic in the NT section. Probably many traders who are familiar with NT8 (as I am not) will be able to quickly answer the question.

It is also a question that can be easily answered by NT support, which I also recommend.

The new thread for your question can be found by clicking on this box:

I think you will get your response soon.

Bob.

Aandrue 
Syracuse, NY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS
Trading: ES MES
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4

I have a question about data feeds. Im not sure if this is a Ninja question or an AMP one. How do I get a data feed for quantower? I have an AMP account (not funded yet) and I downloaded the amp version of quantower. I tried logging into quantower with my CQG credentials from NT but it gave me an error. Do I have to talk to amp customer service?

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Aandrue View Post
I have a question about data feeds. Im not sure if this is a Ninja question or an AMP one. How do I get a data feed for quantower? I have an AMP account (not funded yet) and I downloaded the amp version of quantower. I tried logging into quantower with my CQG credentials from NT but it gave me an error. Do I have to talk to amp customer service?

Hi @Aandrue,

Well, it's not a NinjaTrader question because you're not using Ninja here as your broker. Since your account is with AMP, they would be the ones to contact. They will be familiar with how to set up the platforms they work with.

So your principle resource for this account will always be AMP.

I have set up a new thread for your question, in case someone in the community can give you some more info or a quick answer. You can access it by clicking on this box:

But your go-to will be to get in touch with AMP. They will know.

Bob.

Thanked by:
vacationforever
Austin, TX

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi, I am currently testing out Edge Pro X and I am looking for some features that I either can't find or maybe don't exist currently. See below.

I prefer to trade RTH hours only so I'd like to only see price action from 9:30am-4pm on intraday and daily charts so gaps are visible. I was able to remove extended hours, but I am still getting the settlement period after 4pm which can throw off my RTH high, low, close indicators from the previous day. Is there a way to remove that on all time frames so I am seeing 9:30-4 only?

I currently have an ES 5min on my main screen and a daily chart on a side monitor linked in blue but linking doesn't seem to also sync drawings between them. Is there away to do this or can drawings only be in a single window where you have to switch time frames?

Thanks!

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

vacationforever View Post
Hi, I am currently testing out Edge Pro X and I am looking for some features that I either can't find or maybe don't exist currently. See below.

I prefer to trade RTH hours only so I'd like to only see price action from 9:30am-4pm on intraday and daily charts so gaps are visible. I was able to remove extended hours, but I am still getting the settlement period after 4pm which can throw off my RTH high, low, close indicators from the previous day. Is there a way to remove that on all time frames so I am seeing 9:30-4 only?

I currently have an ES 5min on my main screen and a daily chart on a side monitor linked in blue but linking doesn't seem to also sync drawings between them. Is there away to do this or can drawings only be in a single window where you have to switch time frames?

Thanks!

Hi @vacationforever,

There is already a dedicated EdgeProX thread on the forum. I am copying your question into that thread, since it is likely that other users of EdgeProX will see it there and will be able to respond to your issues about using the platform.

You can access the new post for your questtion by clicking this box:

Any replies will be found in that thread, after that post.

I hope you are successful in getting this and any other questions you have about the platform resolved.

Bob.

billmcg
rochester,newyork,usa

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 12

NINJA TRADER QUESTION: Will the new portal accept all of the indicator work we have purchased or will there be trouble adapting these many items we have purchased and created templates for ????????????????????

Last Updated on February 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts