NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 153 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 88 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Philip Hutchinson with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 103,696 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 325 followers
    1. forum 587 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,213
Thanks Received: 101,599

fthomas59 View Post
anyone seen AMP discontinuing its co-location server? which other futures broker offers a co-location server and brokeage?

Thanks for the post. I've created a dedicated thread for you here:

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
 topconvergence 
Union NJ

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hello,
I want to use a NT8 template that I downloaded from this site, I saved it in my NT folder, it's called Custom TDI, and it's saved as an XML document, and now I'm lost.
Please help
Thank you
DB

Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 799
Thanks Received: 1,193

topconvergence View Post
Hello,
I want to use a NT8 template that I downloaded from this site, I saved it in my NT folder, it's called Custom TDI, and it's saved as an XML document, and now I'm lost.
Please help
Thank you
DB

If it's a Chart Template save the .xml-file in folder "..\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Chart". Then right mouse click on a chart and select Templates > Open. Select your template. Good luck.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Jhack
London, UK

Thanks Given: 1

i have a live and funded Tradestation account and have been learning Fibonacci replacement tools for sometime now to use to trade. The Tradestation Order Entry team also gave me tutorial on how to make orders but i find myself not having enough confidence to start trading on my own. so am looking for an experienced Tradestation trader to give me practical and live training on how to trade using Fibonacci.

I need someone with experience in both Tradestation platform and Fibonacci strategies to help me with practical and live training to enable me take off.
Jhack

yotinky
Buenos Aires

My first question: has anyone used in ninjatrader 8 accumulation/distribution strategy. Can you tell me how it worked out for you?

Jhack
London, UK

Hi ,
I need urgent help with TradeStation live trading, especially Finabocci retracement strategy.
Regards

southtc
albany oregon united states

Thanks Received: 1

I have a lot of the same questions. I've never did futures myself so this is new territory to me.

TC South

67belvedere
Indianapolis, IN

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 9

I have lost most of my capital in the past 4 months after almost doubling the value (ouch). The US stock market small caps went south in Feb. I cant recall how I lost all that money. One trade was a loss but I brushed it off and went on to another trade etc etc. Ive decided that my positions have been too big for one thing. Now Im trying to overthink trades, look for the hidden exit signal I missed before. I use multiple moving averages, try to use a crossover as a signal. If a short term MA goes against the trend then followed by a longer term MA in the same (countertrend) direction I think I have a reason to enter in the new direction. It hasn't been working out well. Other recent trades were "stick it out, this will start going the other way" (corn, nat gas, 30 yr treasury futures). Losses in futures add up fast. Ouch. I am an educated person but cant seem to get it right with trading lately. Does anyone care to suggest a basic method I could consider as a starting point to reforming my dysfunctional ways?

-Bel

67belvedere
Indianapolis, IN

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 9

re futures trades, is it better to wait for price to reach major resistance or support before making a trade or decide on the general direction and jump in, trading in the direction of the trend?

Thank you,
Bel

kirby135
st paul mn

Thanks Received: 1

I am looking for some input on properly setting stop loss on ES intraday 15 minute chart. I realize stop loss is important but I am looking to limit the amount of losses but at that same time not to be stopped out too early. I have a smaller acct and following the 2% rule really isn't workable. I am searching ideas on what a maximum stop loss should be. I currently use 5 points as a stop loss and my goal is 5 points in profit, minimally 2-3. One to two stop outs, however, is tough to recover so I have considered 3 points as a stop loss. I guess I am looking for the sweet spot for risk/reward. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts