NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 153 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 88 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Philip Hutchinson with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 100,788 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 325 followers
    1. forum 587 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

I need help with ... (ask any question)

kYW42786 
Thousand Oaks

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 5

How do you import the downloaded Ninja trader indicators for 8.0 from here. They are zipped files.

I have newly installed NT 8.0 But it is the free version. I don't intend to buy NJ. Can they be imported ? What are the steps ?

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

kYW42786 View Post
How do you import the downloaded Ninja trader indicators for 8.0 from here. They are zipped files.

I have newly installed NT 8.0 But it is the free version. I don't intend to buy NJ. Can they be imported ? What are the steps ?

Hi @kYW42786,

NT8 indicators that are ready for import usually come in .zip files containing all the information needed to bring them into NT, so it is correct that they are zip files. These are the files you will need.

I don't currently use NT and cannot remember the exact import procedure, although I recall it being straightforward, so I can't give you a detailed answer. But I have created a new thread for your question and copied your question out to it, and someone who is currently an NT user will see it and will give a reply. You can use that thread for any follow-up questions also, if there is something about the process that you need some additional help on.

Click this box to go to the new thread:

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
 kYW42786 
Thousand Oaks

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS
Thanks Given: 0

IIs there a set of indicators for ninjatrader 8.0 to show the tick size and the tick value of the instrument?

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

kYW42786 View Post
IIs there a set of indicators for ninjatrader 8.0 to show the tick size and the tick value of the instrument?

Hi @kYW42786,

I wasn't sure exactly what you were asking for here, but when a suggestion came in from @Azzzz, I realized the best thing was to follow our usual procedure and let the community respond to the request, and ask for clarification if needed.

So I have created a new thread for your question, which you can access here:

I'll also move my initial post from the "any question" thread into this new thread, and @Azzzz's as well, as starter seeds, so to speak.

We'll see what replies we get. I hope that you can get what you need worked out this way.

Bob.

Tasi 
Porirua, Wellington/New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 58
Thanks Received: 2

Hi Big Mike. Not sure I'm in the right place. I remember a while back before Futures.IO I downloaded an Indicator that allowed MT4 users to scroll up and down on an MT4 chart. I thought I saved it in an old USD stick but I can't find the stick!

Can you recall if that is still available some where?

Thanks.

Tasi.

maserras 
Laval, Quebec

Platform: IB
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 3

Hello there

I have been studying a lot for a couple of years, different methodologies from fundamental, to purely technical, CANSLIM, Weinstein; and Wyckoff/VSA/VPA (VPA is from Anna Coulling, is basically VSA with candles) are the methods I found more logic and to which I “resonate” the best. I have the foundations but I need a systematic and organized approach to fill my gaps and consolidate the knowledge and help me organize my self and my trading, and above all, I need the possibility to get quality answers for the many questions I’m asking myself on a daily basis, specially from the practical point of view, not the theory, but on how to apply in real life, with a platform, money management and good prectices.

I like stocks, but I'm looking into Forex, as it will allow me to trade almost at any hour of the day, specially at nights (I work from 8 to 5) I have made some trades with ok results. but I really need help and education to bring me to the next level, and hopefully save months/years of mistakes.

I was wondering if someone here has some experience with Anna Coulling Quantum Trading Education, and their Forex trading accounts. Does they worth the money and time?

Or any suggestions on mentors/tutors/courses, or colleagues here willing to provide more direct help?

Thanks in advance

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

maserras View Post
Hello there

I have been studying a lot for a couple of years, different methodologies from fundamental, to purely technical, CANSLIM, Weinstein; and Wyckoff/VSA/VPA (VPA is from Anna Coulling, is basically VSA with candles) are the methods I found more logic and to which I “resonate” the best. I have the foundations but I need a systematic and organized approach to fill my gaps and consolidate the knowledge and help me organize my self and my trading, and above all, I need the possibility to get quality answers for the many questions I’m asking myself on a daily basis, specially from the practical point of view, not the theory, but on how to apply in real life, with a platform, money management and good prectices.

I like stocks, but I'm looking into Forex, as it will allow me to trade almost at any hour of the day, specially at nights (I work from 8 to 5) I have made some trades with ok results. but I really need help and education to bring me to the next level, and hopefully save months/years of mistakes.

I was wondering if someone here has some experience with Anna Coulling Quantum Trading Education, and their Forex trading accounts. Does they worth the money and time?

Or any suggestions on mentors/tutors/courses, or colleagues here willing to provide more direct help?

Thanks in advance

Hi @maserras,

These are very open-ended questions, which does not mean they aren't good ones, just that probably there are no simple answers to them. Here are my suggestions:

1. For a "systematic and organized approach," you simply are going to have to become familiar with what is out there and eventually put together an approach yourself that meets your needs. This is certainly one of the most important questions that traders have as they start out, and the hardest to answer, since everyone is different and literally everyone will find their own path. I suggest starting out by browsing through the forum, reading posts that address questions that currently interest you, and participate with your own posts, and slowly let your knowledge grow.

2. Another thing that has helped many traders is to open a trade journal here in the forum in the trade journal section, and record your trades there, with your reasons for them, on a daily basis (or whatever frequency you trade.) Invite others to comment on them as well, and you will develop a practical, hands-on knowledge in the only way that is actually possible: by trading.

3. I used the Search function (see the Search box in the upper right corner of every page) and chose "Advanced Search," and entered the name "Coulling" in keywords. I got 26 hits, mostly for casual mentions of her books. But the Search function is a good way to start looking for other traders' views of any topic. There are a huge number of threads and posts here on VSA, for example, and on forex.

4. Since you asked about the Coulling courses and funded accounts, it turns out that we do not yet have a vendor review thread for them. So I have opened a new thread for your question, to allow other traders to comment on either the trading accounts, the courses or the books. There may be someone who has experience there, or who can otherwise comment on the course material and books. Click here to go to that thread:

There probably will be some responses, if anyone has any experience with them.

4. For "mentors/tutors/courses," I would first say that many (or most) courses or other sources of paid help probably are not worth the money they charge, simply because if someone can actually trade profitably, they probably would be better off just trading their own accounts, rather than charging fees to teach someone. But there may be exceptions, and I suggest browsing though the vendor review section to see if any seem interesting. Just be careful, because it is easy to promise results but harder to deliver them.

Learning to trade is a journey that will take some experience and time. I hope these suggestions will help you as you continue with yours.

Bob.

Thanked by:
 Avi24 
New York,New York,USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 8

Hiya! I'm new to FIO and a relative newbie to trading. Ive got a question and hope I dont sound to naive..
I currently trade the ES futures market so my question is regarding the ES.
I've been trying to understand why more people dont trade 150-200 contracts at a time. When watching the DOM I see a decent amount of such orders. Yet,from what Ive seen,most retail traders dont buy in such large quantities. Why dont people generally scale up to large level orders like those? Is it because of slippage? Partial fills? Risk? I dont really think it would move the market in any way,so with proper risk management,why not? What am I missing?

Thanked by:
 cmipilot 
Dallas, TX/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader/Tradestation
Trading: Eminis
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 3

Maybe margin requirements? Risk tolerance?

Thanked by:
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

Avi24 View Post
Hiya! I'm new to FIO and a relative newbie to trading. Ive got a question and hope I dont sound to naive..
I currently trade the ES futures market so my question is regarding the ES.
I've been trying to understand why more people dont trade 150-200 contracts at a time. When watching the DOM I see a decent amount of such orders. Yet,from what Ive seen,most retail traders dont buy in such large quantities. Why dont people generally scale up to large level orders like those? Is it because of slippage? Partial fills? Risk? I dont really think it would move the market in any way,so with proper risk management,why not? What am I missing?

If you are planning on holding overnight, for 150 contracts you'd need $1.725 million in your account.

Even with $500 day trade margin, you'd need an account of $75K minimum. And only a 10 point move in ES - pretty common - would wipe that account out.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts