NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 153 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 88 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Philip Hutchinson with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 104,462 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 325 followers
    1. forum 587 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

I need help with ... (ask any question)

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,515
Thanks Received: 26,292

mewddsltd View Post
modified the indicator SIM22_LRC .. to have control over the color of each band .. AND added two bands to each side .. useful if chart is time based .. not that valuable if using RENKO or other chart types .. properties can be set so the additional bands are not visible ..

also modified the indicator amaVWAPDaily (also, the others in the set) .. have control over the color of each band ..

did this to facilitate teaching my children to trade .. the concept is >> when price approaches the BLUE area start thinking of BUYING .. which basically means pushing the BLUE button on the strategy panel .. vice versa for the RED area

I did not create these indicators and not sure I should post them to download section without SIM22's and/or FatTails' permission ..

LRC.fw

VWap.fw

Hi @mewddsltd,

If an indicator is already posted in the Downloads or elsewhere on FIO, it is intended to be shared and is open source, so it is OK to modify and publish it there. (It should be renamed so it doesn't have the exact same name -- for example, it should not include the original author's prefix, such as "ama" -- so it doesn't seem as if it's their work.) Also, if it was originally published in the Downloads or elsewhere in the Elite section, the new version should also only be available in the Elite section.

I was able to find SIM22_LRC in the downloads, so if that is the original source for your indicator, it qualifies. For whatever reason, I did not find the amaVWAPDaily indicator in the FIO Downloads. I am not sure if it is one of the indicators that @Fat Tails made available on FIO, or if it is from his paid indicator website. You should check to be sure where you got it from. If the original was shared on FIO, then the modification can be as well (after renaming.)

You could also ask him. I have tagged his username in this post, and he may respond, or you can send him a DM.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 338

bobwest View Post
Hi @mewddsltd,

If an indicator is already posted in the Downloads or elsewhere on FIO, it is intended to be shared and is open source, so it is OK to modify and publish it there. (It should be renamed so it doesn't have the exact same name -- for example, it should not include the original author's prefix, such as "ama" -- so it doesn't seem as if it's their work.) Also, if it was originally published in the Downloads or elsewhere in the Elite section, the new version should also only be available in the Elite section.

I was able to find SIM22_LRC in the downloads, so if that is the original source for your indicator, it qualifies. For whatever reason, I did not find the amaVWAPDaily indicator in the FIO Downloads. I am not sure if it is one of the indicators that @Fat Tails made available on FIO, or if it is from his paid indicator website. You should check to be sure where you got it from. If the original was shared on FIO, then the modification can be as well (after renaming.)

You could also ask him. I have tagged his username in this post, and he may respond, or you can send him a DM.

Bob.

Thanks ..

the download page for the amaVWAP indicators are

.. Daily
.. Weekly
.. Monthly
.. N-Monthly (Bi-montly/Quarterly/Annual)

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

mewddsltd View Post
Thanks ..

the download page for the amaVWAP indicators are

OK, I must not have read them correctly. Then you can post them, under new names.

Bob.

PeeSee
London UK

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 3

Hi, I am based in the UK and considering learning about trading with the aim to provide a small income top up, e.g. £300/500 a month would be great! I appreciate the risks, have looked at various courses and followed people offering trading and uploading YT videos where they show examples of perhaps making a few hundred dollars and occasionally losing a small amount too. However, I am struggling to get a clear understanding of what the capital requirement would be to make a small income. From what I have read it would appear that the actual percentage gains are small and hence a fairly large capital is required, even to achieve just a few hundred pounds a month income. Secondly these online trainers offer ongoing support for a monthly fee which looks to be much needed. I am left with the impression that to pay for the support and make a small income requires quite a large starting capital which of course is then at risk for a relatively small percentage gain. I would be grateful for any feedback, I assume I am worse casing the possibilities! Many thanks for any guidance

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

PeeSee View Post
Hi, I am based in the UK and considering learning about trading with the aim to provide a small income top up, e.g. £300/500 a month would be great! I appreciate the risks, have looked at various courses and followed people offering trading and uploading YT videos where they show examples of perhaps making a few hundred dollars and occasionally losing a small amount too. However, I am struggling to get a clear understanding of what the capital requirement would be to make a small income. From what I have read it would appear that the actual percentage gains are small and hence a fairly large capital is required, even to achieve just a few hundred pounds a month income. Secondly these online trainers offer ongoing support for a monthly fee which looks to be much needed. I am left with the impression that to pay for the support and make a small income requires quite a large starting capital which of course is then at risk for a relatively small percentage gain. I would be grateful for any feedback, I assume I am worse casing the possibilities! Many thanks for any guidance

Hi @PeeSee,

I am afraid that you are actually best-casing the possibilities.

Many people would like to develop an additional income from trading, and almost none ever do, whether large or small. Those who do, generally spend a lot of time (years) and a good amount of money in losses in the process. And to repeat, they are rare.

As to people who offer YT videos and courses, the general experience on this forum is that few are at all helpful and many are harmful to your trading development. You can look over the vendor review section of this forum to get an idea of how well new traders (and experienced ones) succeed with them. To put it simply, it is possible to make a lot of money trading, but few ever do. It is much, much easier to sell something to others -- the seller does not have to take the risk with his own money, and does not have to actually know how to trade. He just has to be able to sell his advice to the hopeful, which is easy. Some may know something valuable, some (many) may just be selling snake oil. You would be well-advised to treat any with great care.

This may all sound somewhat grim, and I do not mean to discourage you. There are traders who have done well also, and you can read some of their posts in this forum. But the reality is that it is nothing like how YouTubers and course salespeople make it seem.

As to getting further into your questions, including the questions of returns and starting capital, I think the best thing would be to put the question to the general membership, to get a variety of answers.

I have opened a new thread for your question and have copied your post into it. We will see if it attracts some comment and if you can receive some additional views on the subject.

You can access the new thread by clicking this box, which will take you there:

Any additional posts will be found there. To start it off, I am adding in my comments in the new thread to possibly serve as a seed for possible discussion:

Bob.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Bob M View Post
The lure to trading is always a little extra income, then more and more until you’re rich....

Hi @Bob M,

I have moved your post to the new thread created for the responses to @PeeSee's question, which is the place for further responses to it:

Bob.

Srq1 
Sarasota, Fla

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader ,Tos
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: NQ MNQ MES ES
Thanks Given: 226
Thanks Received: 25

Hello to all, have a question and looking for your opinion/expertise experience with using a Heiken-Ashi/tick candle for NQ and ES. Testing it in the NT Strategy Analyzer during the trading time weather it is eth or rth gives me a idea of trend day , trend or range.
TIA
Srq.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Srq1 View Post
Hello to all, have a question and looking for your opinion/expertise experience with using a Heiken-Ashi/tick candle for NQ and ES. Testing it in the NT Strategy Analyzer during the trading time weather it is eth or rth gives me a idea of trend day , trend or range.
TIA
Srq.

Hi @Srq1,

The "ask any question" thread is basically for newcomers to the forum who aren't sure how or where to post yet. We usually copy their post into a new thread in an area of the forum where it most likely will get the most attention from other members, who may then reply. It's not really intended to be the final thread for the posts.

Your question is a good one, but I've copied it out to its own thread in "Traders Hideout" so it will get more vivibility.

You can access the new location here:

I hope you get a discussion going.

Bob.

mohelsheikh 
Mississauga, Canada

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

Hello

Question for our experts

What are the best profitable strategies in our website I can use in NinjaTrader 8

Thanks

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

mohelsheikh View Post
Hello

Question for our experts

What are the best profitable strategies in our website I can use in NinjaTrader 8

Thanks

Hi @mohelsheikh,

We make use of the "ask any question" thread to give newer members a place to ask their questions, and then we look to transfer the question to a location on the forum where it is most likely to attract attention and get a response.

Your question is actually a huge one, and many would like to know the answer, or even to know a consistently good strategy. It may be interesting to see what responses it brings.

I have created a new thread for your question in the NinjaTrader section of the forum. We will see the answers you get.

To access your new thread, click on this box:

Any replies should go there.

Good luck on your journey.

Bob.

Last Updated on February 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts