NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 153 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 88 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Philip Hutchinson with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 103,832 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 325 followers
    1. forum 587 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

I need help with ... (ask any question)

horacioofman 
Tortola British Virgin Islands

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader, TWS IB
Broker: Ninjatrader, IB
Trading: ES Futures
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 13

Looking for an orderflow based momentum/strength indicator.

I am looking for any developments or already finished products for an indicator that measures the stengh of delta (or bid and ask separately) over price.

I have not reached to a formula to attempt building an indicator, but thinking on 3 ways of measuring this:

By period: Last negative delta/last change in price on the last period where last delta was negatiive
and: Last positive delta/last change in price on the last period where last delta was positiive

or by price range measuring: needed delta or bid volume needed to move price up 1 range (and oposite for range down)

or by tick (measuring by ticks/trades how effective fid and ask volumes were to move price up or down)

I have not been able to finalize the math/logic for the indicator. I do not have the programming skils nor the trading knowledge to come up with something like this on my own.

The theory I am chasing is that delta becomes more or less efective in moving price up or down (which is the same as saying that price moves has a changing sensitivity to bid and ask volumes). Then hopofuley that measure can help predict future delta or absortion period.

If any of you have seen an indicator following a similar path, please let me know where I can find it. Or we can start a thread discussion about this matter.

Regards,

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 garciaal 
Kennesaw, GA

Platform: Ninja
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 3

anyone know of auto trendline trader. I have searched and can't find any

horacioofman 
Tortola British Virgin Islands

Platform: Ninjatrader, TWS IB
Broker: Ninjatrader, IB
Trading: ES Futures
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 13

garciaal View Post

You should try playing with the strategy wizard. If the trend line is an object that the wizard recognize you should be able to put your logic and uild the strategy with not a lot of effort.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,452
Thanks Received: 26,278

horacioofman View Post
Looking for an orderflow based momentum/strength indicator.

I am looking for any developments or already finished products for an indicator that measures the stengh of delta (or bid and ask separately) over price.

I have not reached to a formula to attempt building an indicator, but thinking on 3 ways of measuring this:

By period: Last negative delta/last change in price on the last period where last delta was negatiive
and: Last positive delta/last change in price on the last period where last delta was positiive

or by price range measuring: needed delta or bid volume needed to move price up 1 range (and oposite for range down)

or by tick (measuring by ticks/trades how effective fid and ask volumes were to move price up or down)

I have not been able to finalize the math/logic for the indicator. I do not have the programming skils nor the trading knowledge to come up with something like this on my own.

The theory I am chasing is that delta becomes more or less efective in moving price up or down (which is the same as saying that price moves has a changing sensitivity to bid and ask volumes). Then hopofuley that measure can help predict future delta or absortion period.

If any of you have seen an indicator following a similar path, please let me know where I can find it. Or we can start a thread discussion about this matter.

Regards,

Hi @horacioofman,

Typically, these "ask any question" inquiries are from relatively new users who are not yet familiar with how the forum works, and we create a new thread for their question in a relevant section of the forum, so that other members with a knowledge of and an interest in the topic will be likely to see it, and we then copy their post into that thread. Generally this has worked fairly well.

In your case, you clearly know all about navigating the forum, and in fact, when you wrote "Or we can start a thread discussion about this matter," you suggested exactly what we recommend, to start a dedicated discussion thread, and you have begun the discussion already in your post.

However, we will need to not have that discussion in this thread (which is just a temporary location), but to get it out into the larger community. So I have created a new thread for your question, and have copied your post into it. Since you have listed NT as your platform, the new thread has been located in the NinjaTrader section, and you can access it by clicking this link:

I hope the discussion works out well for you.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

garciaal View Post

Hi @garciaal,

I see that you have already found an existing thread for you question, which is probably the best place for it, and where I would have directed it, to have the best likelihood of getting an answer.

For anyone with the same question who comes across this post, here is the link to @garciaal's question in the existing thread:

I hope you will find a soluition there.

Bob.

garciaal 
Kennesaw, GA

Platform: Ninja
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 3

I have found vvTrendline Trader by vvhg. will this work on NT8?

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

garciaal View Post
I have found vvTrendline Trader by vvhg. will this work on NT8?

@garciaal, considering when the other posts were made in the "Trendline Trader for NT" thread just referenced, I would expect not. They are pretty old. It is possible that there is an NT8 version, or that another indicator has been created since then that does this job.

So here is my suggestion:

I will create a brand-new thread in the NT section of the forum for your question, titled "Need an auto trendline indicator for NT8," and copy your first post there. This will give it a fresh start, not connected to the old thread. Hopefully, someone will pick this up and will be able to reply. The new thread can be found by clicking here:

I have also added the same post to the free NT indicator request thread, here:

Often you can get a new indicator created, or someone may know of an existing one.

If you have additional questions, it is best to use one of those threads, because they will be closer to your topic.

Good luck.

Bob.

billmcg
rochester,newyork,usa

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 12

NT8 what does this mean, are there some new charges being levied???

Your Market Data subscription renewal transaction was SUCCESSFUL for April, 2023. You are subscribed to CMEGROUP_TOP. You can refer to our FAQ if you have any questions on how to manage your market data subscription.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

billmcg View Post
NT8 what does this mean, are there some new charges being levied???

Your Market Data subscription renewal transaction was SUCCESSFUL for April, 2023. You are subscribed to CMEGROUP_TOP. You can refer to our FAQ if you have any questions on how to manage your market data subscription.

Hi @billmcg,

Typically in this "ask any question" thread, we just create a new thread for the persons' question in whatever section of the forum that is most concerned with the topic, and then copy the question post into that thread. The idea is that it will have more visibility there and will be more likely to be answered there.

In your case, it's actually much simpler than that. There is already a "NinjaTrader Brokerage Services" thread in existence, and that is the best place to get a correct response, since it essentially is the official NT thread.

I have copied your question into that thread. You can access it by clicking this box:

You should check that location for any replies, and use that thread for any additional questions or comments about NT issues.

Bob.

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 338

modified the indicator SIM22_LRC .. to have control over the color of each band .. AND added two bands to each side .. useful if chart is time based .. not that valuable if using RENKO or other chart types .. properties can be set so the additional bands are not visible ..

also modified the indicator amaVWAPDaily (also, the others in the set) .. have control over the color of each band ..

did this to facilitate teaching my children to trade .. the concept is >> when price approaches the BLUE area start thinking of BUYING .. which basically means pushing the BLUE button on the strategy panel .. vice versa for the RED area

I did not create these indicators and not sure I should post them to download section without SIM22's and/or FatTails' permission ..

LRC.fw

VWap.fw

Last Updated on February 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts