NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 153 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 88 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Philip Hutchinson with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 103,394 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 325 followers
    1. forum 587 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

I need help with ... (ask any question)

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,424
Thanks Received: 26,276

Reyesca View Post
hi mike my name is Rey I registered on your website a few weeks ago but I never took the chance to explore around.
I am not a programmer or developer, I am just a trader and still learning and I have watched a couple of tutorials and videos about from your YouTube channel. So I wanted to ask you if there is a possibility to combine the donchian channel indicator with the MACD indicator to create a bias indicator that you can actually see the indicator on the chart?
I have tried several different ways but have always failed in producing results.
I built a strategy on Ninja Trader Strategy Builder and tried to convert it to an indicator but it failed.
I really appreciate it if you could give me an answer if it would be possible, and some tips to help.

Hi @Reyesca,

I have created a new thread in the NinjaTrader section for your question. You can access it by clicking here:

By putting the question out to the broader membership of the forum, it is more likely to receive a reply from a programmer interested in responding.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks

dR5ERNCmCmUYmDcU 
Tampa, FL

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: MES, MNQ
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 5

Need a help for an IRONBEAM platform. can someone help me on how to create a custom strategy to buy/sell speicifc future
based upon some rule. example two EMA crossover. really, appreciate a help.

Thanks

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

dR5ERNCmCmUYmDcU View Post
Need a help for an IRONBEAM platform. can someone help me on how to create a custom strategy to buy/sell speicifc future

Thanks

Hi @dR5ERNCmCmUYmDcU,

Typically, when someone posts a question here in the "ask any question" thread, we try to figure out the best place in the forum to have their question answered, and then copy their post to a new thread dedicated to it, in that section.

With Ironbeam brokerage, they have a number of platforms, including their own. If you are using their own proprietary platform, we are probably limited because there is no section here devoted to its users. If you have one of their other platforms (such as Sierra Chart or one of the others), we have more depth of users who can help out, and we would seek assistance with your question in one of those sections.

Our best bet, for the Ironbeam platform itself, probably is to set up a new thread in the generic Traders Hideout section to seek Ironbeam users. As another option, we could post your question in the Ironbeam broker review thread, and they might be able to give you some assistance there, or someone who also uses the platform may be able to help. The review thread is not really meant for that kind of technical question, however, and may not be the best place for it.

Let me know which of the platforms they provide that you are using, and we can proceed from there.

Bob.

bhar123 
Chantilly, VA

Platform: ninja trader 8
Trading: Emini
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I want to know more about KAMIKAZE SCALPER, On instagram his page is kamikaze.scalper, anyone bought and trade with his autotrade program?

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

bhar123 View Post
I want to know more about KAMIKAZE SCALPER, On instagram his page is kamikaze.scalper, anyone bought and trade with his autotrade program?

Thanks for this question. We don't yet have a vendor review thread on him, and I think this would be a good time to open one.

I am transferring your question to a new vendor review thread. We'll see if there is any experience with this product, or anything else of his, on the forum. Someone should respond soon, if he is known here:

Bob.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

dR5ERNCmCmUYmDcU View Post

Thanks

bobwest View Post
Let me know which of the platforms they provide that you are using, and we can proceed from there.

Hi @dR5ERNCmCmUYmDcU,

On the assumption that you are using the proprietary Ironbean platform, I have copied your post to a new thread for help with the Ironbeam application.

You can access it by clicking here:

I hope it will attract interest from any Ironbeam users who are familiar with creating strategies for the platform.

Bob.

Mik618 
Poteau, OK

Platform: ToS, IB
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: SPY/QQQ options/MES, MNQ
Thanks Given: 34
Thanks Received: 30

Trying a new prop trading service with data feed and brokerage through Rithmic. I like the idea of placing trades through same service as data feed and platform, but it's kind of clunky. Just crashed when I tried to look back for a month's worth of data. Thankfully I didn't have a trade on. Seems hard to believe that very many people trade on this platform. Anybody here trade with Rithmic?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	220626ss.png
Views:	52
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	325473  
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Mik618 View Post
Trying a new prop trading service with data feed and brokerage through Rithmic. I like the idea of placing trades through same service as data feed and platform, but it's kind of clunky. Just crashed when I tried to look back for a month's worth of data. Thankfully I didn't have a trade on. Seems hard to believe that very many people trade on this platform. Anybody here trade with Rithmic?

Hi @Mik618,

I have created a new thread for your question, so others with a knowledge or interest in Rithmic can respond.

You can access it here:

Bob.

Keenbreathy 
Philadelphia, PA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradovate,NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 20

Hello everyone.

I have been trading futures for about six months now and keep having a consistent problem. Overtrading. Perhaps it is just too easy to press that button, especially when I am already up for the day. I'm very curious to hear if other have had the same problem and how they dealt with it. Overtrading hurts my trading more than anything else. It get even worse when I take a big hit and think that I'll somehow be able to dig myself out quicker. It is an interesting phenomenon for me to notice exactly what I'm doing wrong, yet be almost powerless to the emotions. So my questions follow. My current strategy consists of pullback in a trending market and scalping between high volume nodes in a sideways market. Today I took 66 trades and it was a trending market. I know this is way too much.

Is this something that just takes time and I'm being unreasonable to think it an easy fix?

Does anyone else have this issue and how do they deal with it?

My great and quick idea is to limit my trades to <=10 in a normal day. The idea being to be more selective and stay in the trades longer(also an issue of mine).

Thanks,
Keen

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Thanks Given: 4,174
Thanks Received: 6,019

Keenbreathy View Post
Hello everyone.

I have been trading futures for about six months now and keep having a consistent problem. Overtrading. Perhaps it is just too easy to press that button, especially when I am already up for the day. I'm very curious to hear if other have had the same problem and how they dealt with it. Overtrading hurts my trading more than anything else. It get even worse when I take a big hit and think that I'll somehow be able to dig myself out quicker. It is an interesting phenomenon for me to notice exactly what I'm doing wrong, yet be almost powerless to the emotions. So my questions follow. My current strategy consists of pullback in a trending market and scalping between high volume nodes in a sideways market. Today I took 66 trades and it was a trending market. I know this is way too much.

Is this something that just takes time and I'm being unreasonable to think it an easy fix?

Does anyone else have this issue and how do they deal with it?

My great and quick idea is to limit my trades to <=10 in a normal day. The idea being to be more selective and stay in the trades longer(also an issue of mine).

Thanks,

Keen

If you are using a speedy time frame then you may see too many opportunities with no real edge. Try to wait for certain levels to be hit before considering an opportunity such as VWAP or one of its standard deviation bands or any frame of reference you consider significant such as a high or low volume node. Consider yourself like a sniper. Helpful personal traits for snipers include stress tolerance, emotional stability and razor-sharp focus.

https://www.quora.com/What-makes-someone-a-good-sniper

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts