NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 153 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 88 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Philip Hutchinson with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 100,788 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 325 followers
    1. forum 587 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

I need help with ... (ask any question)

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

UHoser View Post
Hi

I am looking for a little help, writing code for a TradeStation indicator might be above my pay grade and was wondering if someone, who is more knowledgeable with making a possible minor adjustment or two, to the standard TradeStation MACD and the RSI indicators and would be able to help out.

What I would like to have as an additional input setting, that I would have the ability to change the color of each line, in each indicator, the MACD line and the RSI line, so that whenever it crossed their specific zero line, either from above or from below, that I would have the ability to select a different color for either line on a cross?

If possible, a second input option, would be to change the color the chart background or by plotting a vertical line on the chart, whenever there was a cross that occurred. Also if the chart background would be easier, then I might need the ability to change to the color intensity as well

As an example, when crossing from above and after closing below the zero line, going from say a green to a red color and crossing and closing back above from below, going from a red to a green color line.

I would be very appreciative of any help

UHoser

Hi @UHoser,

I have created a new thread for your question in the TradeStation section and copied your post into it. You can access the new thread by clicking here:

I hope that this will help bring your post to the attention of one of the TS coders on the forum who will be willing to help you with this indicator change.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
Serc23
bilbao, spain

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hello, I am using Ninja Trader 7 with the indicators mainly Acme Volume Profile and Price Action Swing, but I want to use the Ninja Trader 8 but I do not have these two indicators, it is possible to convert them or you already have them. Thank you

Serc23
bilbao, spain

Hello, i am working with hull moving average in ninja trader 7, is possible in ninja trader 8 with color change. Thanks for advance

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Serc23 View Post
Hello, I am using Ninja Trader 7 with the indicators mainly Acme Volume Profile and Price Action Swing, but I want to use the Ninja Trader 8 but I do not have these two indicators, it is possible to convert them or you already have them. Thank you

Serc23 View Post
Hello, i am working with hull moving average in ninja trader 7, is possible in ninja trader 8 with color change. Thanks for advance

Hi @Serc23,

I have created a new thread in the NinjaTrader section for your first question, about Volume Profile and Price Action Swing, and copied your post there. The point is that the post is then in the NinjaTrader section of the forum, and it is likely to attract attention from other traders there who are experienced in NinjaTrader issues.

You can access the new thread by clicking this link:

This "ask your first question" topic is just meant to let new members get experienced in having their questions posted in the main parts of the forum, which is where they will get attention and can get answered.

I will set up a new thread for you about the hull ma, which you can access by clicking here:

But please, if you think of another question to ask, just make a post in the NinjaTrader section yourself about it, or better yet, make one post for all the indicator questions you need answers to.

If you need help in making posts in the forum, just click on this box and it will take you to a simple explanation of the process:

Thanks, and I hope you will get your questions answered.

Bob.

Thanked by:
NomadTraderFish
Mountain View, Missouri, United States of America

Thanks Given: 9

Schwab is the trading platform i use. Is anyone else using their platform,and if so can someone help me make sense of their insanely elaborate options category selections

Richh 
Seattle Wa usa

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: tos
Trading: tf
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 19

If you are refering to Think Or Swim they have tons of resources and there customer support is good. I would love to help.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

NomadTraderFish View Post
Schwab is the trading platform i use. Is anyone else using their platform,and if so can someone help me make sense of their insanely elaborate options category selections

Richh View Post
If you are refering to Think Or Swim they have tons of resources and there customer support is good. I would love to help.

Thanks, @NomadTraderFish,

The way we handle these "ask any question" requests is to create a new thread in an appropriate region of the forum to pose your question to the group of members who are most likely to have the expertise to answer it.

As @Richh has pointed out, Schwab has aquired TDAmeritrade, and with it the well-known options platform ThinkOrSwim. If ThinkOrSwim is what you are referring to, we have many members here who are familiar with the platform (although probably not as many who trade options as who use it for futures), and we can refer your inquiry to that section. We do not have a separate area for Schwab, but if you are not using the ThinkOrSwim option platform from Schwab, we can set up a thread in the more general options area.

If you can get back to me about whether you are using the original Schwab interface or the ThinkOrSwim interface, we can refer your question to the appropriate area.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Bob.

Thanked by:
silver fox
Orlando Florida

does anyone have any comments on Adam Odell and the Wednesday Windfall program?

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

silver fox View Post
does anyone have any comments on Adam Odell and the Wednesday Windfall program?

Hi @silver fox,

To help with your question, I have created a new thread for Adam Odell in the vendor review section of the forum, and copied your post into it.

This way, it can be visible to others who may have some experience with this program.

You can access the new thread by clicking this box, which will take you to the initial post. Afterwards, if there are any replies they will be in that thread following your post:

I hope you will obtain some useful information that will help you as you look into this.

Bob.

sellhi
Orlando, FL

Thanks Given: 3

Hi
New here
Mainly trading ES
I have used NT in the past and looking to change to SC
I have an account with AMP
I need some help on using SC
Where can I go to get tutorial on using SC
Any help is greatly appreciated

Best,

Henry

Last Updated on February 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts