NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 153 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 88 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Philip Hutchinson with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 103,832 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 325 followers
    1. forum 587 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Azzzz 
Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES, currancy
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 6

Any tips on hold future contracts overnight, over the weekend and at expiry dates.
Strategies with higher time frames need to be held since the trade could be many days.
My provider cuts my data feed every Saturday for a few hours.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,452
Thanks Received: 26,278

Jhack View Post
i have a live and funded Tradestation account and have been learning Fibonacci replacement tools for sometime now to use to trade. The Tradestation Order Entry team also gave me tutorial on how to make orders but i find myself not having enough confidence to start trading on my own. so am looking for an experienced Tradestation trader to give me practical and live training on how to trade using Fibonacci.

I need someone with experience in both Tradestation platform and Fibonacci strategies to help me with practical and live training to enable me take off.
Jhack

Jhack View Post
Hi ,
I need urgent help with TradeStation live trading, especially Finabocci retracement strategy.
Regards

Hi @Jhack, and thanks for the question.

I have created a dedicated thread for you at this location:

Just click the image above to go there. Someone may be able to pick it up and respond to you there. I do not, frankly, expect anyone to provide "live training," but they may have some tips or ideas that you can use or places you might go.

Good luck.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

yotinky View Post
My first question: has anyone used in ninjatrader 8 accumulation/distribution strategy. Can you tell me how it worked out for you?

Hi @yotinky,

I have set up a new thread for your question, here:

Someone may be able to give you a hand there.

Good luck.

Bob.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

southtc View Post
I have a lot of the same questions. I've never did futures myself so this is new territory to me.

TC South

Hi @southtc.

The best advice I can offer you is to browse the topics on the main page of the forum and dip into them, or look at the new posts in the new post list for post titles that interest you, and give them a look.

If you have specific questions that your reading suggests, then pose them in the threads you are exploring. If you have a specific question that interests you now, but are unsure where to go, just post it here and we will see if we can make a suggestion for the next steps to find an answer to it.

It is a journey. Good luck with it.

Bob.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

67belvedere View Post
I have lost most of my capital in the past 4 months after almost doubling the value (ouch). The US stock market small caps went south in Feb. I cant recall how I lost all that money. One trade was a loss but I brushed it off and went on to another trade etc etc. Ive decided that my positions have been too big for one thing. Now Im trying to overthink trades, look for the hidden exit signal I missed before. I use multiple moving averages, try to use a crossover as a signal. If a short term MA goes against the trend then followed by a longer term MA in the same (countertrend) direction I think I have a reason to enter in the new direction. It hasn't been working out well. Other recent trades were "stick it out, this will start going the other way" (corn, nat gas, 30 yr treasury futures). Losses in futures add up fast. Ouch. I am an educated person but cant seem to get it right with trading lately. Does anyone care to suggest a basic method I could consider as a starting point to reforming my dysfunctional ways?

-Bel

67belvedere View Post
re futures trades, is it better to wait for price to reach major resistance or support before making a trade or decide on the general direction and jump in, trading in the direction of the trend?

Thank you,
Bel

Hi Bel,

I have seen several recent posts you have made, and I hope you are getting the things you need.

I think these questions in these posts are relevant to every trader, so I have opened a new thread for them, based on the last sentence of your first question above: " Does anyone care to suggest a basic method I could consider as a starting point to reforming my dysfunctional ways?" :

This is a great question, and it will interesting to see if it attracts any suggestions.

Good luck.

Bob.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

milindpaward View Post
I want to create an indicator using VS.NET. I do not want to use "NinjaTrader.Custom" solution. I want to create it in a separate solution.
Can someone help with how to reference Ninjatrader Dlls?
Also, can someone share information about how to create custom DLL that can host an indicator?
I have already read article "https://nexusfi.com/ninjatrader/32855-ninjatrader-dll-s-creating-loading-how.html".
It doesn't help.

Hi @milindpaward,

I have set up a thread in the NinjaTrader section for your question. There are many technically strong members on the forum, and you may find a response there:

Good luck.

Bob.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Azzzz View Post
Any tips on hold future contracts overnight, over the weekend and at expiry dates.
Strategies with higher time frames need to be held since the trade could be many days.
My provider cuts my data feed every Saturday for a few hours.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @Azzzz,

I have created a new thread for your question, which you can find here:

I hope you see a response to it soon.

Bob.

DoctorJR
Fort Myers

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Help with Ninjascript:

I'd like to activate the trade entries portion of my Ninascript stategy with a keyboard event such as CapsLock. The general idea is that the strategy would always be running but a condition of any trade entry would be CapsLock being in the down position.

Using the standard NinjaTrader tools to turn the strategy on and off is too cumbersome for the quick decisions I need to make. My primary purpose here is to make more efficient trade entries. I experience too many misses when I do it manually.

The most on topic information I've located so far is a discussion of the c# Keyboard.IsKeyDown(Key) Method at a MS C# site.

I can't post the url here but you can locate it by Googling "Keyboard.IsKeyDown(Key) Method"

I'm confident this is the stuff I need but I can't get it to compile and run. When I declare the bool referenced at the above MS C# site I get a message telling me I must declare a body, and that has left me rather clueless.

Any suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

DoctorJR View Post
Help with Ninjascript:

I'd like to activate the trade entries portion of my Ninascript stategy with a keyboard event such as CapsLock. The general idea is that the strategy would always be running but a condition of any trade entry would be CapsLock being in the down position.

Using the standard NinjaTrader tools to turn the strategy on and off is too cumbersome for the quick decisions I need to make. My primary purpose here is to make more efficient trade entries. I experience too many misses when I do it manually.

The most on topic information I've located so far is a discussion of the c# Keyboard.IsKeyDown(Key) Method at a MS C# site.

I can't post the url here but you can locate it by Googling "Keyboard.IsKeyDown(Key) Method"

I'm confident this is the stuff I need but I can't get it to compile and run. When I declare the bool referenced at the above MS C# site I get a message telling me I must declare a body, and that has left me rather clueless.

Any suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance.

Hi @DoctorJR,

I have opened a new thread for your question in the NinjaTrader section, where it may attract the attention of one of the forum's NinjaTrader programmers. You can access it here (click the image to follow the link):

Good luck with it.

Bob.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

@josh and @Gunk, the excellent exchange of the last few posts on the question "In the equity indices, does every price movement have to be a direct reflection of the basket of stocks they represent" is important enough that I think it deserves its own thread. It is asked all the time, and the nuances are important and very interesting.

Short answer: arbitrage keeps them in step. Nuanced answer (per @josh ); yes, and it depends.

Moving this series to a new thread:

Bob.

----------------------------

Edit: Edited to fix a bad link, due to "operator error" (copying and pasting but not getting in the entire link.)

Software can be endlessly entertaining, in many different ways.

Especially when you add in unnecessary human error. Thanks, @Mich62.

Last Updated on February 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts