NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

DTI with Tom Busby (www.dtitrader.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Cloudy with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two cory with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Jeff Castille with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one krctrader with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Koepisch with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 33,490 views
    2. thumb_up 34 thanks given
    3. group 17 followers
    1. forum 32 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

DTI with Tom Busby (www.dtitrader.com)

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

My experience with Tom Busby was so horrible I don't even want to bring up all those feelings again and type it out for you guys. He knows very little if anything about the traders probability mind. Went to one of his seminars here in Chicago and visited the CME with them too. I will say his son the one that works with him, cant remember his name right now, seems like a honest guy nice person runs Traders Pub I think its called. Tom got mad at students during the seminar because they were questioning him about his ridiculous trading idea he was teaching (if you can call it teaching). Then he meet with each one of us privately and had an assistant with him too. All he did was pitch me his metals trading course and basically promised me I would be able to make back the cost of the course by following his trades....wow no thanks Tom.... at the time I was in John Carter's trade room (at least Carter can actually trade IMHO) so I told him I was currently in John's room and he could only just stare at me. Seminar was a joke but did meets a few people worth it I guess other students I had a short skype relationship with. It was pretty expensive but don't remember how much any more but it was is the https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/chicago which is not cheap! I also took a class with DTI. Nothing you cant learn on your own from any number of books or google.

I need to stop thinking about it or I won't be able to sleep tonight. YES ITS THAT BAD!!!!!!!! I could say much much more but will not. And honestly I'm better for it now because I know all I need is me and my solid business acumen.

Ron

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,855

Ron - 100% agree.

Their sales pitch is excellent and it is the only thing they rely on to keep the hamster wheel turning and the income flowing in. Tom Busby trades (as far as I can see) with nothing but guesses. He has zero clue about how trading works, but it all sounds so impressive to a new trader. Any losing trade is quickly swept under the carpet and the record keeping is abysmal.

Their trading is some of the worst I have ever seen. One of the “traders” Jeanette Sims however intrigued me. She claimed to be a trader but quite frankly she didn’t have a clue. She always sounded so convincing and knowledgeable but something just didn’t fit.

One time she was moderating the “trading room” (by trading room I mean “a chat room sales pitch”). I always record my screen and one day during “live” trading I could have sworn I heard the haunting NinjaTrader voice very faintly in the background. So faintly that it could have been easily missed. I am a musician so I like to think my ears have a good depth, so I rewound the tape so to speak, did some filtering and low and behold I was right.

This happened a few times and so I mentioned it one day in the chat room and her reply was “…you can hear that?”. The moral of course being whenever a trade (SIM more than likely) went in her favour it would be lauded about “did you get that, we mentioned the strong break out earlier”. But the “STOP FILLED” didn’t get any response. Strange that.

DTI is nothing but a sales pitch hoping to up sell you at every opportunity.

Just for fun I looked up Jeanette on LinkedIn. Low and behold her background is business development. Funny that.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeanette-sims-b84b821?authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=hjF9&locale=en_US&srchid=389013681464194889760&srchindex=2&srchtotal=3&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A389013681464194889760%2CVSRPtargetId%3A5894164%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary%2CVSRPnm%3Atrue%2CauthType%3ANAME_SEARCH

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
--------------------------------------------------------
Thanked by:
 AndrejsZ 
Differdange, Luxembourg

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4, MarketDelta,NinjaTrader
Trading: 6E,6B,EURUSD,GBPUSD,JPYUSD
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2

Hi! Wanna say Thank you, you just saved another 1000$ for me

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 6, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts