NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jagui's journal to freedom

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jagui with 47 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 8 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 AR01 with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Ryanb with 3 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jagui with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 AR01 with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 18,524 views
    2. thumb_up 149 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 71 posts
    2. attach_file 46 attachments

Search this Thread

Jagui's journal to freedom

jagui 
Italy - Roma

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja + proprietary
Broker: IB
Trading: Index futures, Forex, Stocks
Thanks Given: 298
Thanks Received: 313

Another day without mistakes... wow two days in a row, kinda record for me

I made just one trade, a mof/slingshot hybrid on the BUND. Perfect entry timing, first target 6 ticks, second target 25 ticks. I could have let the second contract run more, trailing it with the VMA (note how the vma is often a perfect trailing stop during trends).

Then I stopped trading because I was tired. Today there were several other opportunities to trade, like the clear downmove into the close that is happening right now on the ES, but when I'm tired It's better to stand aside... there will be better trades down the road!

Result: +€310.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-09-23.png
Views:	312
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	20611  
Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
43 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

jagui 
Italy - Roma

See how this downmove is contained between the falling VMA and the lower Keltner band. Many touches of the VMA where good slingshots to short the market.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	setup 005.png
Views:	293
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	20614  
Thanked by:

Ryanb 
Netherlands

Experience: Advanced
Platform: none
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 117
Thanks Received: 358

Hi Jagui,

Have you ever considered to automate your strategy?
I think i will give it a try sometime soon...

jagui 
Italy - Roma

Ryanb View Post
Hi Jagui,

Have you ever considered to automate your strategy?
I think i will give it a try sometime soon...

I tried, but never succeded. What seems easy for the eyes to catch could be very difficult to program. However it is possible that it was just my fault.

jagui 
Italy - Roma

Another mess.
Today I made several random trades and lost about $400.
Again, I was feeling the pressure of time. During the last days I had no time to trade. Today I had some little time but then I had to work, so I was not feeling calm enough and I wanted to maximize the little time I had to trade.
I'm starting to think that day trading is incompatible with my job, I don't have enough time to do both.

I think I will return to trade forex on the daily timeframe, at least I was profitable and I can setup the trades in the evening.

Maybe I should limit day trading only to times with high volatility, such as after important news releases?

Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

jagui View Post
Another mess.
Again, I was feeling the pressure of time. During the last days I had no time to trade. Today I had some little time but then I had to work, so I was not feeling calm enough and I wanted to maximize the little time I had to trade.
I'm starting to think that day trading is incompatible with my job, I don't have enough time to do both.

I think I will return to trade forex on the daily timeframe, at least I was profitable and I can setup the trades in the evening.

Maybe I should limit day trading only to times with high volatility, such as after important news releases?

I think you should do what works. If Forex is working, do that until you don't need the day job anymore, trade futures in sim during the best hours you can give it and dont worry about it anymore until you have the futures thing down.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

jagui View Post
Again, I was feeling the pressure of time. ...?

a recurring theme, so how to make time? unless you get layoff or on long term 'vacation' the only realistic way is time shift, do what you have to do away from the trading hour.
ps. I tried forex and found out I need sleep just like everybody else.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

jagui View Post
Another mess.

@jagui, you should take very specific steps to correct your missteps. If you believe lack of time is an issue, then you need to first identify "do I have time to trade?" before you trade. You need to then measure yourself (grade yourself) on how well you executed on that. Then if you are still having a problem, you must take decisive but simple steps to change the behavior.

This goes for anything in trading. Most traders fail because of their own direct actions which they tend to downplay. I am talking about stuff like what you posted, but there are many others. All these things add up, and it is why I say that execution is where your focus must be.

Perhaps changing your schedule to forex may work. I don't know. But, I do caution against change as a temporary solution to the underlying issue. What I mean is people run away from their issue instead of correcting it. So, make sure that the change is going to truly be part of the solution, and not just what seems easiest at the time.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

jagui 
Italy - Roma

Big Mike View Post
@ jagui, you should take very specific steps to correct your missteps. If you believe lack of time is an issue, then you need to first identify "do I have time to trade?" before you trade. You need to then measure yourself (grade yourself) on how well you executed on that. Then if you are still having a problem, you must take decisive but simple steps to change the behavior.

This goes for anything in trading. Most traders fail because of their own direct actions which they tend to downplay. I am talking about stuff like what you posted, but there are many others. All these things add up, and it is why I say that execution is where your focus must be.

Perhaps changing your schedule to forex may work. I don't know. But, I do caution against change as a temporary solution to the underlying issue. What I mean is people run away from their issue instead of correcting it. So, make sure that the change is going to truly be part of the solution, and not just what seems easiest at the time.

Mike

Thank you guys, I appreciate your suggestions.

"Do I have time to daytrade?" The answers is a simple "no". I believed I could mix it with my job, but I don't believe it anymore. I'm not multitasking, I need to focus on one activity. The truth is that my job requires time, and even if I am able to extract a couple of hours to day trade, I'm still thinking about the work I have to do and the aswers I have to give to my clients.

It is all related to time. If I have two hours to trade, I start clean, but I know that if I take a position I will have to follow it until completition, which can be even until the end of the trading session, so I will have to work while watching my position. This pushes me to "finish the trading job" before I start to work, and this doesn't work.

Anyway, I couldn't know it if I didn't try with real money. I tried and found it out.

That's why I'm thinking about news trading: positions are open for a short time, so I won't have to manage them later while working. I can schedule news trading in advance, only for the biggest news releases. Maybe this would give me a more relaxed mind because it will not interfere with my work. I have to try to see.

Regarding forex, I dont's see it like a temporary solutions. I did it for years until july, because it was the only market I could afford. Required time was only about 1 hour around 22 local time, so it was perfectly compatible with my job, and it worked, too. I did see it as a temporary solution until I could afford futures again. Maybe I have to see it not like a temporary solution, but just like a thing that worked and do it. It is compatible with everything else, so why not?

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

If forex trading at night was working, why stop? Other than graduating to futures?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 8, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts