NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Gold Futures (GC) main discussion

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 24 posts (64 thanks)
    2. looks_two Salao with 7 posts (28 thanks)
    3. looks_3 UC Trading with 6 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 4 posts (23 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one suko with 6.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Salao with 4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 2.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 21,137 views
    2. thumb_up 198 thanks given
    3. group 35 followers
    1. forum 78 posts
    2. attach_file 18 attachments

Search this Thread

Gold Futures (GC) main discussion

Symple
Zuerich / Switzerland

Thanks Given: 1,327
Thanks Received: 2,313

I am curious how the following will affect the gold future price in the near future

Russian Ruble relaunched linked to Gold and Commodities – RT.com Q and A

With Russia’s central bank having just profoundly altered the international trade and monetary system by linking the Russian ruble to both gold and commodities, the journalists at in Moscow asked me to write a Q and A article on what these developments mean, and the ramifications of these changes on the Russian ruble, the US dollar, the gold price and the global system of currencies. This article has been published on the RT.com website

Regular readers will recall that I have contributed to quite a few RT.com articles before, such as about Australian gold (see BullionStar
, US Treasury gold (see BullionStar ), Poland’s gold (see RT site ), China’s gold (see RT’s Spanish site ), why buy physical gold (see RT site ), and gold price manipulation (see RT site

However, since RT.com is now blocked and censored in many Western locations such as the EU, UK, US and Canada, and since many readers may not be able to access the RT.com website (unless using a VPN), my Questions and Answers that are in the new RT.com article are now published here in their entirety.

The full article you will find here: https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/ronan-manly/russian-ruble-relaunched-linked-to-gold-and-commodities-rt-com-q-and-a/

Symple

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
32 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
zak010
France , Paris

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 1

Hello, guys, a friend of mine told me that every Thursday gold moves fast either up or down, is it true ?

zak010
France , Paris

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 1

Hello everyone, i was searching for brokerage fees of gold and i couldn't find it , could you help me please ?

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,386
Thanks Received: 10,206

From your post in the Crude thread

SMCJB View Post
You can find all the CME exchange fees here. Remember the fee you pay is Exchange Fee + Broker Clearing Fee + NFA Fee (2c). This sheet only covers the Exchange Fee.

Thanked by:

Salao 
Los Angeles CA
Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradeStation
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: GC/MGC, MCL, MES
Thanks Given: 10,584
Thanks Received: 5,870

zak010 View Post
Hello, guys, a friend of mine told me that every Thursday gold moves fast either up or down, is it true ?

If you are interested in trading gold you should definitely research this for yourself. From my experience, your friend isn't wrong. Gold prices tend to move a bit when economic data is released. Narrative forming data is often released on Thursday morning (I'm pacific time), but not always.

Observe for yourself...

https://tradingeconomics.com:443/calendar

Happy trails. .

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,457
Thanks Received: 26,278

zak010 View Post
Hello everyone, i was searching for brokerage fees of gold and i couldn't find it , could you help me please ?

Use the same list that was quoted in the Crude thread, but just look for gold: https://ninjatrader.com/PDF/ninjatrader_futures_commissions.pdf

Again, this is for just one broker (and is not meant as a recommendation of that broker, particularly) -- but it can give you an idea. You will always want the "all in" cost, which includes pure broker commission as well as data and exchange fees, and you want it for the "round turn", meaning the buy plus the sell. That's the full cost of the trade.

Scroll to page 2, COMEX, and check out GC. You can see a range, for that broker, of $2.31 - $3.01, depending on the fees for the type of trading platform license you have. (You would pay separately for a "lifetime" or "lease" license for the software, which is why those costs are lower per transaction.) Not too different from the $3.00(ish)-or-under fee that they charge for CL. This is probably close enough on a rough basis for most brokers. Some may be lower, some higher, but that's a good general range.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Salao 
Los Angeles CA
Market Wizard

Days like today (3% move) don't happen very often. In the last 10 years it's happened 13 times, 7 times during the doom stricken corona spring...

Thanked by:

LittleFinger 
Denver Colorado/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 132
Thanks Received: 145

Anyone know a resource to see the GC reaction to the important econ reports over time? I did well today on a breakout entry on the unemployment number. I wanna do some strategy testing. So much action in GC lately. It's become my main focus.

Thanked by:

Salao 
Los Angeles CA
Market Wizard

* In my view the Fed is attempting to line up real rates with what might be appropriate for the late innings of an economic cycle. Things are a little bit complicated this go-around. There are upward pressures on prices that are a result of pandemic, wars, geopolitical bifurcation, de-globalization, and all of the supply chain stuff and socio-economic stuff that was a result of all the disruption.

* As a result there has been alot of intraday volatility for gold surrounding data releases for CPI, PPI, Unemployment, Michigan consumer data, and FED action/statements. Any data supporting higher prices, having downward pressure on real rates, has been bullish for gold...While data supporting cooling inflation and/or higher Fed funds has been bearish for gold. This relationship is illustrated above. Gold will still trade on all of the technicals involved with it's own price action, but the real rates do provide tailwind/headwind. You can also use USD as a proxy for reals as it also (inversely) correlates well with gold (and there is a nice USD/real rate correlation - no statistical rigor applied. ).

* My economic credentials are not impressive. . So I won't speculate how the markets will respond to the raft of data due out this week. (I'll definitely trade it though! ) But it isn't hard to imagine all of the different scenarios that could play out. I thought there might be a good discussion in all of this for my favorite trading forum, about my favorite instrument to trade. . There are also, obviously, implications that real rates might have for equity markets, as it might be argued that reals might be largely accommodative...or vice versa.

* There is also potential that I have my head up my @#$. Please let me know. .

* Data out this week...

Tuesday: CPI
Wednesday: PPI, Fed rates decision/projection
Thursday: Retail Sales, Empire State data, Unemployment
Friday: Michigan date

Thanked by:

LittleFinger 
Denver Colorado/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 132
Thanks Received: 145

Thanks for the excellent input! I have paid heavy attention to correlation before and it tends to get me in trouble. I just watch ES and GC now during the trade day. I assume a basic inverse correlation with the USD and GC but don't track it so that I'm not tempted to stray from my strategy. ES/GC were correlating today after the core pce dropped and it looks like it might be good enough to get GC bouncing back into it's longer term uptrend if stocks don't give up on us. I'm making very short term trades lately so I'm not trying to ride any longer trend with GC, but it is behaving beautifully with respect to long and short term technical measurements.

These huge intraday reversals are giving so many opportunities for big trades on a regular basis.

Whoever is pushing the gold market around with these massive daily pump and dumps THANK YOU!!!!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 12, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts