NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Lightspeed (a division of Lime Brokerage) - Ask Me Anything

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6 posts (21 thanks)
    2. looks_two Lightspeed with 2 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Shmo7 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jeffalan with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Lightspeed with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tgiann3 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 9,029 views
    2. thumb_up 30 thanks given
    3. group 143 followers
    1. forum 11 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Lightspeed (a division of Lime Brokerage) - Ask Me Anything

Lightspeed  Lightspeed is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 1

jeffalan View Post
@Lightspeed I just caught the CNBC interview with Terry Duffy from CME regarding Negative futures prices and it surpised me. Wilbur Frost asked him was it fair to say that Retail traders should have know that WTI futures could fall into negative territory and leave these traders with negative balances in their trading accounts. Mr. Duffy's reply was "Of course they should have known. It's common knowledge and it has happened before!"
Lightspeed when someone opens up a futures account with you is this fact brought to the forefront with new clients or is it buried in the fine print. I only say this because before last Tuesday I as well thought that a deliverable futures contract could not fall below Zero for the simple reason that anything under zero has no value and therefore no 2 way transaction (BUYER and SELER). I mean how does one buy something at a negative number. Just curious of how you at Lightspeed (LIME) disclose this to new traders. Thank you!!

Hi @jeffalan,

It is extremely rare that futures contracts have a negative price. As such, most if not all Futures Commission Merchants likely do not mention that futures contract prices could have a negative price. However, we disclose that under certain market conditions, you may find it difficult or impossible to liquidate a position. We also disclose the risk of loss in trading commodity futures contracts can be substantial and that one could lose more money than what is in your account, and that you should, therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances and financial resources. Our client accounts are self-directed and it is the responsibility of the client to monitor their accounts at all times.

Thanks,
Lightspeed

There is a substantial risk of loss in trading futures and options. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. Full disclosures
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
 Shmo7 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: NQ, RTY, CL, USD/CAD, EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 34
Thanks Received: 41

I trade from Toronto. Are Canadians able to open a trading account with Lightspeed?

Last Updated on March 23, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts