NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Would you share your Holy Grail?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 29 posts (113 thanks)
    2. looks_two Aurac with 29 posts (52 thanks)
    3. looks_3 hyperscalper with 28 posts (34 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SunTrader with 23 posts (9 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 6.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 3.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Aurac with 1.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 75,067 views
    2. thumb_up 901 thanks given
    3. group 440 followers
    1. forum 358 posts
    2. attach_file 12 attachments

Search this Thread

Would you share your Holy Grail?

hyperscalper 
boise idaho

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader C# Custom
Broker: NinjaTrader LeeLoo Rithmic
Trading: Nasdaq Futures NQ/MNQ
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 522

roztom View Post
The topic is "The Holy Grail." It does not say "plan." That plan will be specific to "you." That is the point of the "Error Cost Calculator." It is a way to analyze you, your tendencies, your triggers, your obstacles, etc. You can't fix when you don't know what is broke or why. And you cannot contain these self-defeating behaviors until you can isolate them. The plan to remediate is up to you and what you find out about yourself. In the end you have to do the work. Anyone who has longevity in this business has walked this road. Where your journey takes you is up to you. Good luck.

......like I said, I personally could pontificate; but you're not offering what
seems to me to be useful information... It's almost like saying "I'm losing
Money, so obviously all I have to do is the OPPOSITE of what I'm currently
doing !!!" which, of course, would be NonSense...

hyperscalper

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 sunshnpeg 
Greenville SC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: NQ, MNQ
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Seconds
Thanks Given: 291
Thanks Received: 25

Remember YOU are the "Holy Grail". I agree with all of the above from Roztom.

The thing that has helped me the most...and this is after a couple of years of full-time screen time and going down many rabbit holes, is pretending I have a friend beside me and I am going to show them how easy it is to make $100 on one trade. Silly huh? I don't want to make a fool of myself so of course, then I wait for a high probabilty trade based on my rules and make the trade. That keeps me out of so-so trades, ones that just "look" like they are going to work, and ones that don't follow my rules.

I only have 2 set up rules/set ups, that work consistently. Of course once in a while they don't work out, nothing is guaranteed. How did I develop my rules? I love indicators, but I love simpilicity also. All my indicators were free from futures io, more or less. I can't tell you all my secrets, but the paid indicator has to do with second entries "Mack Style". The other part that I can tell you is that I take indicators and cull out the parts I don't use (make some parts transparent), and only use the parts that show me what I am looking for. This is a great noobie tip. I've read many post here, where that was the answer to the question.

I did a great deal of trial and error, and experimented with many instruments and time intervals. I also use multi time frames. I've spent many weekends/evenings sim trading on Playback. Sim will never equate to using real money, though. You gotta step in and get your feet wet.

The hard work and dedication will pay off, but you have to really want it and be persistent!! Maybe there is an easier way, but most figure it out just as outlined. Also, read, read, read futures io. That will be the biggest help of all!!

Thanked by:
 hyperscalper 
boise idaho

sunshnpeg View Post

The thing that has helped me the most...and this is after a couple of years of full-time screen time and going down many rabbit holes, is pretending I have a friend beside me and I am going to show them how easy it is to make $100 on one trade. Silly huh? I don't want to make a fool of myself so of course, then I wait for a high probabilty trade based on my rules and make the trade. That keeps me out of so-so trades, ones that just "look" like they are going to work, and ones that don't follow my rules.

I only have 2 set up rules/set ups, that work consistently. Of course once in a while they don't work out, nothing is guaranteed. How did I develop my rules? I love indicators, but I love simpilicity also. All my indicators were free from futures io, more or less. I can't tell you all my secrets, but the paid indicator has to do with second entries "Mack Style". The other part that I can tell you is that I take indicators and cull out the parts I don't use (make some parts transparent), and only use the parts that show me what I am looking for. This is a great noobie tip. I've read many post here, where that was the answer to the question.

I did a great deal of trial and error, and experimented with many instruments and time intervals. I also use multi time frames. I've spent many weekends/evenings sim trading on Playback. Sim will never equate to using real money, though. You gotta step in and get your feet wet.

The hard work and dedication will pay off, but you have to really want it and be persistent!! Maybe there is an easier way, but most figure it out just as outlined. Also, read, read, read futures io. That will be the biggest help of all!!

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but "Meh..." that's not saying anything
to me.

In particular; I believe specializ(s)ation, not playing across markets, is the way
forward to success.

If all you're saying is that "it's a long journey, and only YOU can take that
journey"... OK, but that doesn't tell me much... sorry 'bout that...

[EDIT] you do say, in effect, "don't over-trade" and that, of course, is great advice !!
I just call that "being Predatory"; same thing...

hyperscalper

sunshnpeg 
Greenville SC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: NQ, MNQ
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Seconds
Thanks Given: 291
Thanks Received: 25

hyperscalper View Post
I'm not trying to pick a fight, but "Meh..." that's not saying anything
to me.

In particular; I believe specializ(s)ation, not playing across markets, is the way
forward to success.

If all you're saying is that "it's a long journey, and only YOU can take that
journey"... OK, but that doesn't tell me much... sorry 'bout that...

[EDIT] you do say, in effect, "don't over-trade" and that, of course, is great advice !!

hyperscalper

Thanks for your input. I trade one instrument with 2 time frames, so I agree in specialization. I am "hyperfocused" on the 2 set ups I am looking for while trading. I can usually see them setting up and wait the for trades to come to me.

hyperscalper 
boise idaho

sunshnpeg View Post
Thanks for your input. I trade one instrument with 2 time frames, so I agree in specialization. I am "hyperfocused" on the 2 set ups I am looking for while trading. I can usually see them setting up and wait the for trades to come to me.

OK !! now that's more my style... As my handle suggests, I'm also
hyper focussed; so I'm 101% on board with that !! Thanks.

About those setups... any hints for the Forum? What do you trade?

[EDIT] attached a screenshot of some of my "setups"; and now you can show
me yours !! The setups show a Purple line at the top (which is an Inventory
Imbalance) which is a SELL point; and similar at a bottom, a BUY point.

So simple Inventory Imbalance is, of course, what Market Maker trades
against, and so I think "I want to do what MM is doing!" lol

[EDIT2] clarification this is "after hours" trading which, in itself, is nearly
impossible so these signals are difficult to dig out... Looks like a total mess,
but it's all about MM swinging relatively "long" and "short" against the
Retail population... Black is an analog to Price.

hyper-focus

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My-Setups.PNG
Views:	110
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	318865  
SunTrader
Boca Raton, FL

Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 182

IMO a lot of posts that are making this subject way more complicated than it has to be. Simple is better. That is all.

hyperscalper 
boise idaho

SunTrader View Post
IMO a lot of posts that are making this subject way more complicated than it has to be. Simple is better. That is all.

In my experience, hoping Simplicity will conquer; is not very realistic ?...

Markets are far from simple. Just sayin'...

I'd like to add "Love is all you need" ! (but I doubt that helps either)

[EDIT] to be fair, I'm posting an image which seems very messy; but
which shows the Sell Signal through "Big Lot" Retail Buy trades (the Blue Dots)
at the last minute (too high; the wrong time) and the Downward spiking
of the Orange/Red spikes; also showing that MM was approaching the
top side of the Market with Large Size, since She was just about to
suddenly reverse and take the down-trend.

So I guess we can conclude that at least my personal Holy Grail is by no
means "simple"; but it's all I can figure to deal with such things. Tons
of computing power focussed on find out where the turning point is?...

h.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sell-Signals.PNG
Views:	93
Size:	460.5 KB
ID:	318867  
Thanked by:
hclara
Bangor Maine

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 27

sunshnpeg View Post

Well Said , you took the words right out of my mouth . The only difference is it took me more than 2 years . I have loved the journey and all those thousands of hours .

SunTrader
Boca Raton, FL

Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 182

hyperscalper View Post
In my experience, hoping Simplicity will conquer; is not very realistic ?...

Markets are far from simple. Just sayin'...

h.

Who said anything about conquer but yes you might find out sometime along your journey that markets in fact are simple. We traders make it more complicated, in our minds, than it really is.

Carry on.

PS: my comments have nothing whatsoever to do with your spaghetti bowl.

sloth
Denver, CO

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 63

SunTrader View Post
Who said anything about conquer but yes you might find out sometime along your journey that markets in fact are simple. We traders make it more complicated, in our minds, than it really is.

Carry on.

PS: my comments have nothing whatsoever to do with your spaghetti bowl.

I agree with SunTrader's comments whole heartedly. Markets indeed are simple. Humans gravitate towards complexity because that is preferable to having to acknowledge the alternative. You can read hundreds of books, take courses, get a mentor, etc. - but at the end of the day - most concepts that work reliably are, in fact, quite simple.

There are inflection points in the market where the majority of market participants will get trapped - stuck long or short. These are the spots where the market moves away quickly and it won't stop until the last victim throws in the towel. It's like a freight train. The beauty of a situation like that is that it doesn't take very much money to find out if you're right. The risk: reward is asymmetrical. If your assessment is correct - things will go immediately in your favor. The best trades always do. And, when you're right - hold on until there's a frenzy of traders trying to enter or exit the other side.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 6, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts