NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 131 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Blash with 60 posts (136 thanks)
    3. looks_3 AllSeeker with 43 posts (75 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 43 posts (180 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Blash with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 102,658 views
    2. thumb_up 1,277 thanks given
    3. group 265 followers
    1. forum 582 posts
    2. attach_file 74 attachments

Search this Thread

Coronavirus COVID-19

lemons 
Tallinn, Estonia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Trading: NAS100

bobwest View Post

... In the United States, there have been, as of today's date, 116,567 reported deaths from Covid-19 as counted by Johns Hopkins University, a major medical university in the US. There have been, in the United States, 2,127,745 total cases reported. These numbers are essentially only since March, a few months' time.

Again, I don't know anything about Estonia. The Johns Hopkins numbers for Estonia are in fact low: 1,975 cases, 69 deaths. Estonia apparently has been very fortunate, and I hope you continue to be. But other countries are not, for whatever reason, and simply saying that it is not a problem, anywhere, and that there is nothing to be concerned about, anywhere, is not supported by the numbers.

Bob.

But lets take last look of number and the forget then covid

Can we trust US numbers ?
Whole US hospital system is private property ?
I heard if hospital report covid patient / death they get Government support xxx $ ?

US mortality rate to covid more than 6 x bigger than in Estonia.
Its not 20-30 % difference its 669 %. Something is smelling / what I don't know.

I don't think than US people have very bad health and Estonians have perfect health.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

Mabi 
sweden

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader,MetaTrader
Trading: futures, FX
Thanks Given: 121
Thanks Received: 136

As i understand there is no overdead in USA neither in Sweden since a good wile back. Also new studies in sweden from bloodgivers in April-may show that 2 times more people had Specific T-cells against Covid-19 then had Antibodies.

At the time about 30 % of tested individuals which is about the same result that You get after a vaccination.

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

The gene insertion method used is called “reverse genetics system 2.” Using this method, she inserted an HIV segment into a coronavirus discovered in horseshoe bats to make it more infectious and lethal.

major grants from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease. This is, of course, Dr. Anthony Fauci’s shop. Fauci was a big proponent of “gain of function” research

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

in Sweden deaths have slowed to virtually zero.
They are over the Covid.
Never did lock-downs
no social distancing silliness

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,562

bobwest View Post

... But I have had to think about all of this, and my conclusion as of now is that opinions are pretty well fixed, on all sides of the issues, and that in fact there is not much trading-related information right now to be had here. Perhaps there will be at some time, but it will depend on whether the markets respond to covid news rather than what anyone thinks about the covid issues themselves. ...

Bob.

Hello Bob
Thank you very much for your input - appreciate it much. However, in one point I have to say as an economist:

Objection, Your Honor!
The pandemic not only has an impact on the global economy, but has been affecting it for almost 9 months in the worst way:
-> Closed borders, no more flights, no more trade in goods means a disaster for the highly interconnected world of supply chains. This situation is economically fatal. Especially the killed trade contracts internationally:
-> Trade wars are now being fought unrestrained and largely misused for political purposes (USA / China). Poor countries become poorer and rich countries become richer.
-> As @montanajtt explained earlier, Wuhan is not the center of the corona eruption. He mentioned Italy in December 2019, but now more unknown pneumonia have appeared in Eastern France in October 2019, most likely based on Covid19 (very close to where I live, by the way).
-> From a global economic point of view, billions of new money have been pumped into the markets in recent months and for the past 3 years (fiat money), which should support stock prices. To some extent this has been achieved. The question now is, what happens to the oversupply afterwards? Recession is already here, depression is another consequence.
-> It is plausible that this international action to close borders, paralysis of international trade routes and assert national interests could have a financial policy background (currency reforms). This would have even more influence on the markets and especially on the trader - namely us!
-> As a trader, we have been seeing extreme price fluctuations for the last 9 months, which are a sign of what is yet to come. Analogous to seismic activity before the volcanic eruption.
In order to make it clear that I am not painting a black picture here, but rather presenting some objective correlations, I think it is important that this thread is central and every trader should form his own opinion.
In this sense, I wish an open thread for all opinions - everyone can get deeper information thanks to the input.
Conclusion - the thread is recommended to every trader so that he doesn't live in a bubble, but remains open and vigilant across borders in order not to suffer (foreseeable) losses.
Covid19 HAS a strong impact for every trader - every day. Be aware!

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Devil Man 
Fort Lauderdale
Legendary / Stochastic Calculus is not your friend

Platform: Ninjatrader, Python API
Broker: CQG
Trading: ES,NQ,CL
Thanks Given: 3,399
Thanks Received: 1,534

just saw this:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-to-reveal-coronavirus-breakthrough-therapeutic-wh-press-secretary-says

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

bobwest View Post
Just a personal note: I am really not sure that it serves any purpose any more for me to contribute to this thread and this topic, nor that this thread is actually adding anything new, from a trading perspective.

So I'll stop banging on the drum of the covid outbreak. I really hope that the people who disagree with me don't die or lose members of their families because of their beliefs, and of course, I don't want to either.

If something happens of a trading nature, which means basically anything relating to a market reaction, then I will be on it if I have anything to say. Otherwise, everyone stay safe and be well.

Bob.

GFIs1 View Post
Hello Bob
Thank you very much for your input - appreciate it much. However, in one point I have to say as an economist:
Covid19 HAS a strong impact for every trader - every day. Be aware!

GFIs1

My reference here was to the question, which I regard as beyond remarkable, of whether there is in fact a covid-19 pandemic, or whether there is anything we should do about it, or whether anyone has actually died of it, or whether it's just the flu, or whether it is all a political hoax, or any of the many variations on these that seek to minimize it. The question has simply become whether -- at least in the United States -- you support one political point of view or the other. And there is no yielding on the issue. It seems to be somewhat the same elsewhere, although not so intense.

In fact, I think nothing has had as big an impact on the entire world as this pandemic. But I do not think there is any possibility of a non-political, non-ideological discussion on any of the issues.

So I have absented myself, as someone who has better things to do than debate politics on the internet.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,562

Fatality rate of 2019-nCoV compared to other viruses

Given the fact that actual numbers of infected Covid cases and the counted deaths are not very good based by confirmed statistics** - we need to compare the threat to the world in comparison with other viruses from the past:
Comparison Deaths Corona

source & more: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/

Looking at the numbers only - we can see that there are some much more potent viruses in world than the actual CoVid19 one.
If we then see the massive lockdown 2020 that never happened before in this way we just have to think about for ourselves...
It is to point out here that at the beginning many infected people were 60+. So the mortality in the beginning was quite high. After the first wave the mortality came down to nearly zero. But the younger people (20-30y.) are now the large group being infected. They do not have a high mortality rate and are quickly back on the feet - not using treatment in hospital etc. So the effect of the first wave is not even in sight. Therefore a second lockdown seems not necessary.

** A very good article (viewpoint) on death cases by Manuel Battegay - University Basel/Switzerland here:
https://smw.ch/article/doi/smw.2020.20203
with the title:
2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV): estimating the case fatality rate – a word of caution
and "The higher case fatality rate reported from Wuhan may be overestimated"

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 EgoRisk 
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8, Bookmap
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 198

aquarian1 View Post
The gene insertion method used is called “reverse genetics system 2.” Using this method, she inserted an HIV segment into a coronavirus discovered in horseshoe bats to make it more infectious and lethal.

major grants from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease. This is, of course, Dr. Anthony Fauci’s shop. Fauci was a big proponent of “gain of function” research

I keep reading this over on reddit (r/Wuhan_Flu but also other subs); both aspects:
a) that the virus contains HIV gene sequences and
b) that Fauci is responsible for funding this research over there because doing it here is illegal.
It appears that these truths are undisputed and obvious (the virus genome has been sequenced and academic papers published saying it contains HIV gene sequences), but of course it sounds like pure "crazy person" nonsense.

My question is, if theses truths are actually true, why is not one single western mainstream news source even talking about it?? No North American, no European, no Australian, no Israeli, no South African.

Last Updated on January 19, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts