NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 131 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Blash with 60 posts (136 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 43 posts (180 thanks)
    4. looks_4 AllSeeker with 43 posts (75 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Blash with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 104,435 views
    2. thumb_up 1,277 thanks given
    3. group 264 followers
    1. forum 582 posts
    2. attach_file 74 attachments

Search this Thread

Coronavirus COVID-19

sixtyseven 
Golden Bay, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 851
Thanks Received: 337

Surely, instead of re-inventing the wheel, they would produce a knockoff of what already works.

Of course, if there are existing Healthcare companies already producing ventilators, and they have the capacity to produce them in the required quantities, it would seem odd they are not used.

If a healthcare company does not build ventilators, I'd say they have no more skill than the car makers.

In terms of feelings towards Healthcare companies. They are there to make money for their shareholders. Originally perhaps, companies were formed to "do good", but money soon takes over.

Healthcare companies (generally) don't release working products that will harm their bottom line. For instance, there has long been a pill that will cure the common cold in a day or so. That is not as profitable as a 6 day supply (along with vitamins, nasal sprays, cough drops etc ), plus kleenex, not to mention the infection rate would be dramatically lower which further hits sales of the above items.

Musk only a few days ago was downplaying covid-19

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trend Direction Force Index (TDFI)
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

Mabi 
sweden

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader,MetaTrader
Trading: futures, FX
Thanks Given: 121
Thanks Received: 136

Hi Guys,

Last night i talked to my brother in sweden told him to be careful. He laught and said i already had it last week and are back to work now my wife is in bed sick like hell and fewer and coffing and our daughter already had it the same time i did and want to go back to school but 50% of her school mates have it aswell. He said if you have been sick tha last couple of months you probably had it already.

Thanked by:

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,012

Mabi View Post
Hi Guys,

Last night i talked to my brother in sweden told him to be careful. He laught and said i already had it last week and are back to work now my wife is in bed sick like hell and fewer and coffing and our daughter already had it the same time i did and want to go back to school but 50% of her school mates have it aswell. He said if you have been sick tha last couple of months you probably had it already.

Yes, problem here is there is serious misinformation about outbreak dates, by the time China admitted to having outbreak it was already Pandemic level, head of WHO purposefully denied this and even kept praising China for its "good work", I hear he is also corrupt and communist

Basically we were done if by data fudging, corruption and bunch of uneducated stupid leaders. To make matters worse ordinary public was also systematically duped by people who produce masks and sanitizers.

She is Chinese doctor, giving account of things

"Things were already serious when Chinese new year began"

Usually that starts in end of Jan and lasts for 15 days, by then Chinese were already shopping for face masks from anywhere they could get.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 sienna 
Melbourne, Australia

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage
Trading: Many
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 281
Thanks Received: 124

LastDino,

Your below statement is not accurate and in this extermely serious situation, we need facts and not to be diverted by misinformation:

"Yes, problem here is there is serious misinformation about outbreak dates, by the time China admitted to having outbreak it was already Pandemic level, head of WHO purposefully denied this and even kept praising China for its "good work", I hear he is also corrupt and communist"

A pandemic is a world wide epidemic, so in the early stages the WHO was correct in saying it was an epidemic, since it was confined to China and a few cases in a handfull of other countries. There was no denial by the WHO. It is easy to accuse someone of corruption.

Did the US behave much differently than China, in the early phases? One might look at the denial by the US "leadership" - which is of course sqeaky clean, utterly ethical, a model of high values and without corruption (sarcasm). In the early phases of the virus in the USA, when everyone could see 4 - 6 weeks of observable carnage in China, this non-communist leadership lied, obfuscated and downplayed the threat to the general population (as did China in the first weeks). The US refused to plan and prepare and then had to quickly reverse its stance and play catch up. In the meantime the Virus has spread massively. Others in this thread have posted details on the huge problems the US public health system will face, due to the way it has been set up and (under) funded. I won't repeat that.

Just my 2 cents, others may disagree.

Thanked by:

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

sienna View Post
LastDino,

Your below statement is not accurate and in this extermely serious situation, we need facts and not to be diverted by misinformation:

"Yes, problem here is there is serious misinformation about outbreak dates, by the time China admitted to having outbreak it was already Pandemic level, head of WHO purposefully denied this and even kept praising China for its "good work", I hear he is also corrupt and communist"

A pandemic is a world wide epidemic, so in the early stages the WHO was correct in saying it was an epidemic, since it was confined to China and a few cases in a handfull of other countries. There was no denial by the WHO. It is easy to accuse someone of corruption.

Did the US behave much differently than China, in the early phases? One might look at the denial by the US "leadership" - which is of course sqeaky clean, utterly ethical, a model of high values and without corruption (sarcasm). In the early phases of the virus in the USA, when everyone could see 4 - 6 weeks of observable carnage in China, this non-communist leadership lied, obfuscated and downplayed the threat to the general population (as did China in the first weeks). The US refused to plan and prepare and then had to quickly reverse its stance and play catch up. In the meantime the Virus has spread massively. Others in this thread have posted details on the huge problems the US public health system will face, due to the way it has been set up and (under) funded. I won't repeat that.

Just my 2 cents, others may disagree.

I've been tracking this since case number was less than 3k, I completely disagree with your assumption here that I'm accusing China of something. It is very serious crime on end of both China and WHO for trying to underplay it on world monitors when in reality they were busy making the doctors who found about this sign a "confession of spreading rumors". Even I could tell at that sage that it was going to be Pandemic and not just epidemic due to it being month of Chinese new years, I would assume WHO having slightly more intelligent and well informed people leading it than I'm.

Result of which was Chinese new-year returnees from Iran and Italy went back to Iran and Italy after spending their holidays in China. One belt one road is very very big project and mostly only Chinese workers and engineers work on it across EU and Asia.

Note in same video Chinese guy arguing "how overreaction by adopting restrictions can hinder...something something" around 1:40

There is difference between waiting for graves to pull out everywhere before declaring something Pandemic and clearly acting on something which was potentially Pandemic by declaring it so, which WHO did just "9 Days ago", even by your calculation that should be little late. WHO was busy before this in giving virus some name that indicated it didn't come from China and China was busy convincing its people that it came from US and not homegrown.

Which further resulted in other countries being late to seal down their own borders. Now whom to blame? China and WHO right? I think all those dead and their relatives and all those people who are going to die in future will agree here with me.

Fyi, these are all facts. Not accusations. And suppressing this would be equivalent in giving something like this free pass in future as well.

Thanked by:

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Even he could tell the "potential of problem" and giving out warning as early as Jan 2020.

Then there is this-
Chinese nationals buying masks from outside China in huge bulks and selling them in China as early as before start of Chinese new years.
Around 13 min

Check video post dates. Just for informational purpose. Draw your own conclusions

Thanked by:

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

From WSJ finally something that makes sense regarding this......

Quoting 

The escalation has strained hospitals and medical resources in New York City and elsewhere. General Motors said it is lending logistics, purchasing and manufacturing support to Ventec Life Systems to help the medical-devices company ramp up production of ventilators.

Ron

Blash View Post
Good point.

But I ask... who is better suited to understand the patient's needs? A Health Care company or an automaker?

My wife (of 28yrs) has been in Health Care for 20 years. Director level. Health Care is a very nuanced field. The learning curve for GM is going to be extremely steep and they are going to make mistakes....costing time....something that is in short supply currently. Am I wrong?

Everybody loves to think Health Care is this big cash cow that somehow don't deserve their profits and all crazy mad at health care costs pointing fingers accusing them of ripping off the public....until they get sick.... then they are super grateful for this amazing industry that creates genius molecules and therapies. And it's so easy, any other field, say autoworkers, can whip out patient centered products with zero experience.

I think it is foolish when extraordinarily qualified people/companies that know the patients, aren't even brought into the discussion or asked to help.

Lets hope I'm wrong.........

I'm not saying these are not highly qualified engineers (at GM, Elon). Just that knowing the patient is what health care is all about. I love Elon. What a gift to humanity he is. Doesn't mean he has the skills or knowledge that cater best to the patient.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 sienna 
Melbourne, Australia

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage
Trading: Many
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 281
Thanks Received: 124

Last Dino
I'm puzzled at your response, as it seems you have not read my response properly (or I have not expresses it well).

Some points:
A) (Unless I have misread your text) You accuse the head of the WHO as being corrupt and communist and Chinese that is what I am responding to.

B) You state that the Chinese repressed information in the early phases. Yes, of course they did that and brutally so, as was covered in many reutable news sources and your examples above. Was I arguing otherwise? No. (In fact many have pointed out months ago, that this enabled the spread of the virus, including its international spread).

C) Additional to (B), my reply was as follows and (Note the context, "in the early phases").
"Did the US behave much differently than China, in the early phases? . One might look at the denial by the US "leadership" - which is of course sqeaky clean, utterly ethical, a model of high values and without corruption (sarcasm). In the early phases of the virus in the USA, when everyone could see 4 - 6 weeks of observable carnage in China, this non-communist leadership lied, obfuscated and downplayed the threat to the general population (as did China in the first weeks). The US refused to plan and prepare and then had to quickly reverse its stance and play catch up.".

Am I saying that the US brutally cracked down, as did the Chinese? No. But the intentions were the same. In the early phases of the virus: Try to preserve your political power and lie, obfiscate, attack others and use the media to muddy the waters on the scientific facts. Just like in China. Result: Greater spread of the virus and trying to play catch -up, after the horse has bolted. Couple that with political ineptitude, an underfunded public health system and a history of persecuting or ignoring expert scientific advice, years of polarising the public and a rush towards gun buying.....that is dynamite.

What I cannot understand is the delusional inaction and of these Western political "leaders", when we have all seen for weeks and weeks, the carnage in Wuhan unfolding, writ large on the international stage.

Anyway, enough said. Rather than continue with this line of argument, I would prefer to keep asking:
1) Are our political leaders trying to save their reputations and power base and disseminating mis-information, or are they following good science in this emergency?
2) What have other cultures implemented, to successfully reduce the infections and deaths (so far) and has that worked? Singapore and Taiwan have had huge successes (so far). Why is that?
3) Once the emergency has passed, are our political leaders going to roll back the emergency powers or are they going to keep a higher level of surveillance in place (higher even, that we have now - tragically)?

I'll stop here and continue to read reputable news sources with these 3 questions in the back of my mind.

Thanked by:

Silver Dragon 
Cincinnati Ohio
Legendary Master Data Manipulator

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TastyWorks / NT
Broker: TastyWorks /NT
Trading: FX, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 6,422
Thanks Received: 5,238

A good read. It has information backed up by data you won’t find reported anywhere else.

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894

nosce te ipsum

You make your own opportunities in life.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,242
Thanks Received: 101,662

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/folding-at-home-worlds-top-supercomputers-coronavirus-covid-19

Propelled by average enthusiasts in their shared quest to defeat COVID-19, the Folding@Home network is now pushing out 470 PetaFLOPS of raw compute power. To put that in perspective, that's twice as fast as Summit, the world's fastest supercomputer, making the network faster than any known supercomputer. It's also faster than the top seven supercomputers in the world,*combined.*

It's impressive that the Folding@Home network is now more than twice as powerful as Summit's 149 PetaFLOPS of sustained output:*ORNL announced two weeks ago that Summit*had also joined the coronavirus fight and has already found 77 different small-molecule drug compounds that might be useful to fight the virus. Summit employs 220,800 CPU cores, 188,416,000 CUDA cores, 9.2PB of memory, and 250PB of mixed NVRAM/storage for the task.*

But Summit is far faster than the other supercomputers further down the*Top500 list. That means the Folding@Home network is also now faster than the world's top seven supercomputers, combined. That's equivalent to the horsepower of 27,433,824 CPU/GPU cores that are being used in the most powerful systems in the world. These leading supercomputers are typically only used by nation-states for decidedly more nefarious purposes, such as nuclear research, so seeing this type of compute power unleashed for the common goal of defeating the coronavirus is certainly encouraging.*

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on January 19, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts