NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 131 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Blash with 60 posts (136 thanks)
    3. looks_3 AllSeeker with 43 posts (75 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 43 posts (180 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Blash with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 104,162 views
    2. thumb_up 1,277 thanks given
    3. group 264 followers
    1. forum 582 posts
    2. attach_file 74 attachments

Search this Thread

Coronavirus COVID-19

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,490
Thanks Received: 15,383

@Shaban what's the relevance of Trump's fake tweet in the Covid-19 thread?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Shaban
Turin + Italy

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 129

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/tgdKxHKp/crollo-Wall-Street.jpg[/img]

Among the causes that the newspapers have indicated to justify the strong correction of Thursday, June 11: BLACK THURSDAY: WALL STREET CRASH!, are as follows:

https://valueline.com/markets/stock-market-today/daily-update

Several factors appear responsible. First, there are new disease fears, with total U.S. deaths from COVID-19, which now stand at 113,000, estimated by one prominent doctor to perhaps reach 200,000 by September, as the reopening of America threatens to bring on new infections.

Some claim that Donald Trump's tweet is authentic, others that it's fake...(the fact remains that it's...exaggerated)

Thanked by:

Mabi 
sweden

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader,MetaTrader
Trading: futures, FX
Thanks Given: 121
Thanks Received: 136

cystic fibrosis inhaler improves very sick covid-19 patients breathing greatly by desolving the DNA net that is created by immune system and at the same time lowers the inflamation. Info from Swedish insterweiv of at hospital in south Sweden.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/skane/cystisk-fibros-medicin-testas-pa-covid-19-patienter

Above all swedish .. shit anyway below have some english
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/skane/forskare-i-lund-forsoker-knacka-covid-19-gatan

FYI , Was just told by my Chinese girl fried that Bejing and another city suddenly have alot of new Covid 19 cases.

Seems it is this med.
https://www.drugs.com/mtm/tobramycin-inhalation.html

Thanked by:

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,452
Thanks Received: 26,278

10: Going to a political rally where thousands of people are yelling their lungs out in an indoor space, shoulder to shoulder, spewing clouds of aerosol droplets and inhaling them, especially when most of the participants are in their 60's or above.

Even worse if it's a political convention that goes on for days.

What could possibly go wrong?

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

An effective drug treatment for the worst cases is announced

A drug proven in a large trial to help reduce deaths from the coronavirus has been announced by scientists in Oxford, England.

It's not a sure-cure. It reduces the number of deaths among the most severely ill patients, those who are either on a ventilator or using oxygen. Unfortunately, it does not help those who are not ill enough to need a ventilator or oxygen, but they are less at risk also:

Quoting 
Scientists at the University of Oxford said on Tuesday that they have identified what they called the first drug proven to reduce coronavirus-related deaths, after a 6,000-patient trial of the drug in Britain showed that a low-cost steroid could reduce deaths significantly for hospitalized patients.

The steroid, dexamethasone, reduced deaths by a third in patients receiving ventilation, and by a fifth in patients receiving only oxygen treatment, the scientists said. They found no benefit from the drug in patients who did not need respiratory support.

Matt Hancock, Britain’s health secretary, said National Health Service doctors would begin treating patients with the drug on Tuesday afternoon.

The government started stockpiling dexamethasone several months ago because it was hopeful about the potential of the drug, Mr. Hancock said, and now has 200,000 doses on hand.

“Dexamethasone is the first drug to be shown to improve survival in Covid-19,” said Peter Horby, professor of emerging infectious diseases at the University of Oxford, and one of the chief investigators for the trial, said in a statement. “The survival benefit is clear and large in those patients who are sick enough to require oxygen treatment.”

Professor Horby said that dexamethasone should now become the “standard of care in these patients,” noting that it is inexpensive, widely available and can be used immediately.

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/16/world/coronavirus-live-updates.html

It is a commonly-used anti-inflammatory drug that is usually used for a variety of inflammatory conditions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexamethasone

This is very good news.

Bob.

Thanked by:

lemons 
Tallinn, Estonia

Platform: SC
Trading: NAS100

bobwest View Post
10: Going to a political rally where thousands of people are yelling their lungs out in an indoor space, shoulder to shoulder, spewing clouds of aerosol droplets and inhaling them, especially when most of the participants are in their 60's or above.

Even worse if it's a political convention that goes on for days.

What could possibly go wrong?

Bob.

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

In Estonia, city Tallinn 250 000 journeys in public transport daily.
Most of them in rush hour. In recommended space 2+2 shoud be 1 person
but in public transport on space 2+2 apporx 8-9 persons and no spread of covid.

lemons 
Tallinn, Estonia

Platform: SC
Trading: NAS100

I wanted to know why people die in Estonia and looked Estonian official stats.

" Covid " deaths 69

But in every year deaths due ( average of last 18 years ) :
suicide 236
alcohol 406
freezing to death 74 ( and main reason alcohol )
drowning 62 ( main reason alcohol )

We will win covid but these deaths continue from year to year forever.

I don't see people go crazy and burning down the bars and nightclubs.
I don't see people push over alcohol shelf in supermarkets.

If human life is important then alcohol shoud banned.
I know we are lost generation but children who will born tomorrow
for them alcohol shoud be banned for life.

No parent want their child to start drinking and smoking.

And don't start to tell that its free choice.
Freedom restrictions due covid are consider normal but if alcohol is banned
then people go crazy you can't take away our free will...

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

lemons View Post
Nothing, absolutely nothing.

I hope you are right. There will soon be major US political campaigning for the coming election, and I am concerned for the people who attend large campaign rallies under these circumstances.

lemons View Post
I wanted to know why people die in Estonia and looked Estonian official stats.

" Covid " deaths 69

But in every year deaths due ( average of last 18 years ) :
suicide 236
alcohol 406
freezing to death 74 ( and main reason alcohol )
drowning 62 ( main reason alcohol )

I do not know anything about Estonia. In the United States, there have been, as of today's date, 116,567 reported deaths from Covid-19 as counted by Johns Hopkins University, a major medical university in the US. There have been, in the United States, 2,127,745 total cases reported. These numbers are essentially only since March, a few months' time.

World-wide, the number of reported cases is 8,092,109, the number of deaths is 438,806. These are not small numbers.

Again, I don't know anything about Estonia. The Johns Hopkins numbers for Estonia are in fact low: 1,975 cases, 69 deaths. Estonia apparently has been very fortunate, and I hope you continue to be. But other countries are not, for whatever reason, and simply saying that it is not a problem, anywhere, and that there is nothing to be concerned about, anywhere, is not supported by the numbers.

It is possible for reasonable people to have different ideas about how to deal with this situation. But the facts on the ground are what they are.

I hope Estonia continues to be safe and I hope for the fewest cases everywhere. I do not think this is a trivial issue that will just go away and that does not need to have any attention given to it. It also clearly is not over yet. These numbers are only growing.

Source for Johns Hopkins statistics: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Bob.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Just a personal note: I am really not sure that it serves any purpose any more for me to contribute to this thread and this topic, nor that this thread is actually adding anything new, from a trading perspective.

It's not that I have any doubt that the model of informed debate and give-and-take that futures.io is based on is a good thing -- it is an excellent thing. It's also definitely not that the little disagreement I have and have had with @lemons or anyone else means anything. @lemons is a friend, a good guy and an intelligent trader who has been here a long while and who has added to my understanding of trading, and to others' as well. I'm not worried if we don't agree on something. Disagreement is generally a good way to find what is better and what is closer to true.

But I have had to think about all of this, and my conclusion as of now is that opinions are pretty well fixed, on all sides of the issues, and that in fact there is not much trading-related information right now to be had here. Perhaps there will be at some time, but it will depend on whether the markets respond to covid news rather than what anyone thinks about the covid issues themselves.

Let me be clear that I personally think that the covid pandemic is a frigging world-wide disaster, and that not taking it as such is an incredible error, and one that people make at their personal peril, as it will affect everyone at many levels. But this is not directly a trading issue. I hope that all my many friends here will make good decisions about their personal health and survival, and I do think this is exactly how important the issues are. If someone thinks I'm wrong, or am overreacting or overstating the issue, well, it's not the first time. But these are my personal conclusions and I stand with them.

There is also obviously a huge economic impact of anything we do about the epidemic, whether we do nothing as a society or whether we do even more than we have done so far. But these are issues that can be addressed elsewhere, as and if they happen.

So I'll stop banging on the drum of the covid outbreak. I really hope that the people who disagree with me don't die or lose members of their families because of their beliefs, and of course, I don't want to either.

If something happens of a trading nature, which means basically anything relating to a market reaction, then I will be on it if I have anything to say. Otherwise, everyone stay safe and be well.

Bob.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts