NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 131 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Blash with 60 posts (136 thanks)
    3. looks_3 AllSeeker with 43 posts (75 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 43 posts (180 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Blash with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 102,658 views
    2. thumb_up 1,277 thanks given
    3. group 265 followers
    1. forum 582 posts
    2. attach_file 74 attachments

Search this Thread

Coronavirus COVID-19

sienna 
Melbourne, Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage
Trading: Many
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 274
Thanks Received: 123

Shaban View Post
This article is very interesting:

https://intermarketandmore.finanza.com/covid-19-e-le-grandi-pandemie-del-passato-90183.html

COVID-19 and the great pandemics of the past:

If we listen to television, if we read the newspapers, we seem to be living in the nightmare of the Covid-19, a pandemic disaster never seen before.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/23pw94jh/covid-19-contagi.jpg[/img]

However, we must be realistic. It is true that the number of deaths and about 24 million infected makes an impression, but if we try to look back, making the necessary proportions (since today there are 6 billion on planet Earth), how devastating is this Covid-19 percentage?

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/fbggjSdj/crisi-pandemia-covid-19.png[/img] exzotic

Shaban,

Those stats are incomplete. We are in the middle of a Pandemic, not the end. In fact we have no idea how long this will play out, for a wide variety of reasons. One example (just one example): There have been patients who have had it, been 'cured and get reinfected. So statistical comparisons are inaccurate at this point.....the bus is still going over the cliff.In fact the rate of new infections in Europe: 41% of all new infections are amongst 20 -25 year olds, who think that they are invulnerable, or take other risks. (Epidemologists at Universiy of NSW / Sydney)

Then there are the effects on some of those (not all) who were infected, get well but endure what is now being called 'Long Covid', by epidemologists. That is, months and months of serious ill health with wide ranging symptoms which may mirror anything from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, to inflamed brains, to persistent headaches for months and months. Epidemologists are trying to figure out to what extent this will show up as weakened immune system for years to come and the long term risk for other diseases, including infertility.What kind of a hit to personal and public resorces will that be?

Mask wearing and social distancing as prescribed by medical experts (not by common sense), plus contract tracing: This has been implemented in Australia, New Zealand and other countries, to drive the spikes and infection and death rates down to almost zero. Absolutely it works. We have poven it in Melbourne, where I live, as have many other places.

On so called "Common Sense": It used to tell us that the earth was flat, that there are pinpiricks in the dome over the earth, called stars...and when scientists / experts in the field object with reasoned data, they are ridiculed....or worse.

These stats hide immense complexities and tragedies and I'll note just one out of many many layers: Globally (because many have chosen to ignore the best of science), doctors and nurses have lost their lives in the thousands, trying to protect those who have been infected.

When it comes to technolgy (i-phone, broker's platform etc) we trust science, when we shoot for the moon, or mars, we trust science. When we take that flight from city to city, we trust science. When it comes to this pandemic....what do so many do?

I will stop posting on this issue, which has and is (unfortunately) one of life and death.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,291

POTUS tested positive, will be interesting to see how markets react.

Thanked by:
redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 426

G'day Sienna,

I'm sure that you are confident in trusting the experts. I'm glad that you can trust efforts are being made to keep you safe.

In closing, it comes down to choice and world view. You have clearly laid out your stance.

With that said, there are those of us who base our reasoning on a different foundation.

Here are the basics of that thinking:

1. Sickness and death are part of life. We are not going to get out of this world alive.
2. With the minuscule number of deaths globally due to Covid being less that .01% of the population, it CRIMINAL to alter the SUPER MAJORITIE'S life, income stream and pursuit of happiness (as guaranteed in our Constitution). Normalcy as we have know it for decade upon decade has taken an ugly turn.
3. Businesses have shut their doors for good as they cannot operate without customers. Debt is rapidly increasing personally and governmentally. Bailouts for corps. Helicopter money (small amounts) for individuals. Money printing to cover said practices debases the current currencies and screws up the economy for us and future generaions.
4. Suicide is on the rise.
5. People are not free to move about in many areas.

So lockdown if you wish. Wear a mask if you wish. You are free to do so.

I know that it is not worth it. It is sinister in nature. Abortion, car accidents, drug deaths etc. etc. far outweigh Covid deaths. Yet, we are not forced to lockdown over these statistics.

I am amused with the "left". The way that they have banged on about overpopulation over the decades, one would think that they would be overjoyed that some Covid loss of life will aid their cause and make the planet more sustainable.

Trade your liberties, income (of course governors/employees still get paid) and pursuit of everyday life if you wish. That is your choice.

This is just the start of it. Due to the sinful nature of man, more and more constraints and restraints will be forced on mankind.

Oh, and governors believe they are doing us a favor and people buy it and love it!

Fortunately, places like South Dakota, Sweden and Denmark can have their folks mover around like NORMAL.

While you personally are lockdowned (except for your close visit for groceries), many of us move around in our communities un-tethered. It's great. No mask. No hand sanitizing. Freedom is sweet. Lockdown, masks and social distancing make me sick and want to vomit. For 40 years, I did not wash my hands after using the Port-a-loo on the job. Even when we all sat down to eat. No hand sanitizers. Nope. Yet all of us carpenters never got sick, but carried on in a normal fashion. I just gag when I see people salivating over using their sanitizers. What a joke.

The beauty is this: you can live the way you want and I can live the way I want (essentially).

Do I worry about the 218 deaths in our state from Covid? No. No. No. More people here die of car accidents. I concern myself more with how people drive.

So, I choose liberty to be free. I disdain your police force in their inappropriate behavior toward Covid dissidents.

If they forced their way into homes here in our state, they would regret it.

In America, we have a great rule book, the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Go ahead and defend your tyranny and we will defend our freedom.

In a nutshell, my common sense tells me that the lives of 99.99 of people should not be altered because of what happens to the other .01 percent of individuals. Even if it were 5 percent, I would still believe your life should not be altered because of my death.

Best regards to my in-laws there in Aussie land.
Ps. Besides these differences, enjoy the day! I have to get back the NQ.

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

redbarntrades View Post

No smiling at passerby's. I feel sorry for the young men and women who hope to see a pretty face and get a date.

My late father told me when I was just a lad, "son, the most important thing to have in this life is COMMON SENSE!".

Right on dude! I agree

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

i was reading about an article about planned financial reset and the c-vidda connection

in police state

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

"We used biological evidence and in-depth analyses to show that SARS-CoV-2 must be a laboratory product, which was created by using a template virus (ZC45/ZXC21) owned by military research laboratories under the control of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) government," reads the paper.

SARS-CoV2 is a product of laboratory modification, which can be created in approximately six months using a template virus owned by a laboratory of the People's Liberation Army (PLA). The fact that data fabrications were used to cover up the true origin of SARS-CoV 2 further implicates that the laboratory modification here is beyond simple gain-of-function research.

The scale and the coordinated nature of this scientific fraud signifies the degree of corruption in the fields of academic research and public health. As a result of such corruption, damages have been made both tot he reputation of the scientific community and to the well-being of the global community.

The report also claims that the RaTG13 virus which Wuhan "Batwoman" Dr. Zhengli Shi and colleagues say they obtained in bat feces in 2013 (and which is 96% identical to SARS-CoV-2), is fraudulent and also man made.

Since its publication, the RaTG13 virus has served as the founding evidence for the theory that SARS-CoV-2 must have a natural origin. However, no live virus or an intact genome of RaTG13 have ever been isolated or recovered. Therefore, the only proof for the “existence” of RaTG13 in nature is its genomic sequence published on GenBank.

The report goes on to say that the RaTG13 genome could easily be fabricated, and that "an entry on GenBank, which in this case is equivalent to the existence of an assembled viral genomic sequence and its associated sequencing reads, is not a definitive proof that this viral genome is correct or real," and that the process for sequencing DNA itself "leaves room for potential fraud."

If one intends to fabricate an RNA viral genome on GenBank, he or she could do so by following these steps: create its genomic sequence on a computer, have segments of the genome synthesized based on the sequence, amplify each DNA segment through PCR, and then send the PCR products (may also be mixed with genetic material derived from the alleged host of the virus to mimic an authentic sequencing sample) for sequencing.The resulted raw sequencing reads would be used, together with the created genomic sequence, for establishing an entry on GenBank. Once accomplished, this entry would be accepted as the evidence for the natural existence of the corresponding virus. Clearly, a viral genomic sequence and its GenBank entry can be fabricated if well-planned.

source:
https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/covid-19-unrestricted-bioweapon-whistleblower-releases-second-paper-alleging-large-scale

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

World Health Organization is coming out against lockdowns. Dr David Nabarro, the WHO’s special envoy on COVID-19, says:

" We really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method… We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus. The only time we believe a lockdown is justified is to buy you time to reorganize, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted, but by and large, we’d rather not do it."

We destroyed the world’s greatest economy for no good reason.

Thanked by:
 Airsoftor 
Ladysmith BC, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Meta Trader
Trading: Crude Oil
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 7

Shaban View Post
This article is very interesting:

https://intermarketandmore.finanza.com/covid-19-e-le-grandi-pandemie-del-passato-90183.html

COVID-19 and the great pandemics of the past:

If we listen to television, if we read the newspapers, we seem to be living in the nightmare of the Covid-19, a pandemic disaster never seen before.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/23pw94jh/covid-19-contagi.jpg[/img]

However, we must be realistic. It is true that the number of deaths and about 24 million infected makes an impression, but if we try to look back, making the necessary proportions (since today there are 6 billion on planet Earth), how devastating is this Covid-19 percentage?

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/fbggjSdj/crisi-pandemia-covid-19.png[/img] exzotic

Like Dr. Fauci say's everyone worldwide wear Masks and keep the recommended distance
Art H

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
bernt95
Munich Germany

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

maybe new "light" lockdown in germany coming in the next days

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

https://summit.news/2020/09/08/sweden-close-to-victory-over-coronavirus-never-had-a-lockdown-or-mask-mandate/

As the rest of Europe and the world remains under the grip of draconian rules and the threat of new lockdowns, Sweden, which allowed its citizens to remain free throughout the entire pandemic, has pretty much declared victory over the coronavirus.
The country now has one of the lowest infection rates on the planet, and it’s difficult not to admire how it has handled the past year, with no strict lockdown or compulsory face mask rules. All businesses, schools and public places remained open in Sweden for the duration.

“Sweden has gone from being the country with the most infections in Europe to the safest one,” Sweden’s senior epidemiologist Dr. Anders Tegnell commented to Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.

“What we see now is that the sustainable policy might be slower in getting results, but it will get results eventually,” Tegnell clarified.

“And then we also hope that the result will be more stable,” he added.

Tegnell previously warned that encouraging people to wear face masks is “very dangerous” because it gives a false sense of security but does not effectively stem the spread of the virus.

“The findings that have been produced through face masks are astonishingly weak, even though so many people around the world wear them,” Tengell has urged.

Last week, the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control confirmed Sweden’s drop in infection rate, with only 12 cases per million, compared to 18 in neighbouring Denmark and 14 in nearby Norway.

At the peak of the Sweden’s outbreak, it was seeing 108 new infections per million people, as it pursued a “herd immunity” strategy.

The figures also show that out of 2500 randomly selected and tested people in Sweden, none tested positive, compared to 0.9 percent positive in April, and 0.3 percent in May.
“We interpret this as meaning there is not currently a widespread infection among people who do not have symptoms,” said Karin Tegmark, deputy head of the Public Health Agency of Sweden.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts