NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 131 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Blash with 60 posts (136 thanks)
    3. looks_3 AllSeeker with 43 posts (75 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 43 posts (180 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Blash with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 104,387 views
    2. thumb_up 1,277 thanks given
    3. group 264 followers
    1. forum 582 posts
    2. attach_file 74 attachments

Search this Thread

Coronavirus COVID-19

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

It was made in the lab

aquarian1 View Post
The receptor-binding motif of SARS-CoV-2 Spike cannot be born from nature and should have been created through genetic engineering.

The Spike proteins decorate the exterior of the coronavirus particles. They play an important role in infection as they mediate the interaction with host cell receptors and thereby help determine the host range and tissue tropism of the virus. The Spike protein is split into two halves (Figure 3). The front or N-terminal half is named S1, which is fully responsible for binding the host receptor. In both SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 infections, the host cell receptor is hACE2. Within S1, a segment of around 70 amino acids makes direct contacts with hACE2 and is correspondingly named the receptor-binding motif (RBM) (Figure 3C). In SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2, the RBM fully determines the interaction with hACE2. The C-terminal half of the Spike protein is named S2. The main function of S2 includes maintaining trimer formation and, upon successive protease cleavages at the S1/S2 junction and a downstream S2’ position, mediating membrane fusion to enable cellular entry of the virus.
"

made in the lab

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/rogue-chinese-virologist-joins-twitter-publishes-evidence-covid-19-created-lab

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,513
Thanks Received: 26,292

Let me remind all participants that politics, political theories and any other theories are out of place in futures.io, which is a trading forum.

There is a relevance to the covid situation in relation to economics and to the markets, but let us keep the discussion focused primarily on trading issues that arise from the topic.

Thanks.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

michaelleemoore 
Missoula, MT Nɫʔay(ccstm)
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 5,552
Thanks Received: 12,328

bobwest View Post
Let me remind all participants that politics, political theories and any other theories are out of place in futures.io, which is a trading forum.

There is a relevance to the covid situation in relation to economics and to the markets, but let us keep the discussion focused primarily on trading issues that arise from the topic.

Thanks.

Bob.

Bob, I agree regarding politics. However, if we're going to have people posting false and misleading information that is not subsequently taken down, I feel like said information ought to be countered. Fact is, people ought not post BS information. That said, I will stand aside.

mlm

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 426

Covid affect on traders?

Should not be too much. We trade from home anyway.

On a personal level, we (my trading wife and I) have to wonder what has happened to the critical thinking abilities of our fellow Americans and Australians (as my trading wife is Aussie).

This fiasco is reminiscent of 9/11. With the deaths of 4500 ish folks, our society was affected in that commerce came almost to a standstill. I call it overreacting.

I believe it is completely bizarre to alter the lives of over 300 million residents because a tragedy occurred to a very small percentage of the population.

Here is a sane response to covid:

That "dangerous governor of South Dakota" did not lock down the state. No masks mandated.

Here are the stats from today taken from Google:

200 deaths (of course that number is probably untruthful)
18,444 cases.
Population: 858,469

Just using the larger number that of the cases:

18,444 divided by 858,469 equals: .02148.

.02148-100(percent) equal: 99.97852.

So.... In South Dakota, the governor believes that she does not want to punish the 99.97852 percent of the residents by altering their daily working lives and wreak havoc on their citizenry for the microscopic amount of folks affected by covid. She has a critical thinking mind!

So, take any city, any region and yes even Victoria QLD. or Melbourne Victoria. Do the math. You will come up with the same stats. Right around 99.99 percent unaffected.

So the argument that lockdowns are the reason for curbing the infection rate does not hold water. See South Dakota. See Sweden.

When the news says: "cases double this week" can mean that cases went from 2 up to 4.

Fellow traders, we trade by probabilities. Pick any location on the planet and the probability is that there is a 99.9% chance that I won't or you won't get covid yet alone die from it.

If I see a trade that has a 99.9% chance of a good outcome, boy you better believe I will take it.

There is a higher chance that I will get hit by a rogue bullet from my distant neighbor target practicing or killing that grizzly in his yard than me getting covid.

If you want to see Orwell's "1984" in action, just youtube Melbourne Australia news. You will see the unmasked police carrying away peaceful protestors protesting the unending lockdown decimating the lives of workers, small business and employees.

That's why here in Montana, we like a well armed community. Unfortunately for Australia, self protection is limited to a 1.5 inch pocket knife and a pitchfork.

Unfortunately, my former home of 59 years (Seattle 20, Leavenworth 39) is a few steps behind Australia. Ya'all enjoy your serfdom.

To our friend in Point Roberts, I trust that you will be able to navigate being isolated up there. Very irritating for all the kids too that play sports there. If you get sick of it, Montana has lots of room for people who love their freedom.

Thanked by:

Salao 
Los Angeles CA
Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradeStation
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: GC/MGC, MCL, MES
Thanks Given: 10,586
Thanks Received: 5,870

bobwest View Post

Thanks.

Bob.

I think you can add coronavirus to the laundy list of Things That Divide People. Everyone has the data to support what they want to be true...errrrrrrr...what they think is true. () And everyone seems pretty certain that the other side is populated by unreasonable actors. Maybe this is anecdotal, I suspect it isn't, but it seems like a common phenomenon that people are letting their political biases shape the way they view the pandemic. Which is...un-rigorous. So it becomes silly when people get excited about this stuff in that way. (Or maybe I'm a jerk. )

But I think this ties into trading. I think the coronavirus pandemic, in a way, exposes our proclivity to allow our biases to shape our projections. We naturally want to think that those taking the other side of the trade are ludicrous. It's easier to allow some data to have greater weight than other data if it supports what we want to be true...errrr, think is true...errrrr, is true? We welcome confirmation bias because it is nurturing and nice and indulgent. . I think the reasons most people fail at trading are all behavioral. While we are trading these idiotic behaviors make our accounts go bye-bye. In real life we get away with being idiots. .

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Mabi 
sweden

Platform: NinjaTrader,MetaTrader
Trading: futures, FX
Thanks Given: 121
Thanks Received: 136

aquarian1 View Post
It was made in the lab

Most probably not since blodgivers already 2015 have been found being immune at the time of giving blod. It has been around for along time chopping around until it finally made a breakout to add some trading terms.

redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 426

Mabi View Post
Most probably not since blodgivers already 2015 have been found being immune at the time of giving blod. It has been around for along time chopping around until it finally made a breakout to add some trading terms.

Ah, now we know where those Minnesota Swedes get their great sense of humor!

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFUyKYxZ2Vk

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,513
Thanks Received: 26,292

aquarian1 View Post
'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFUyKYxZ2Vk

Hi @aquarian1,

While this clip features a political figure, and there are parts of it that are about his political views on other matters, the covid-19 portion is more about the question of when herd immunity is reached and is not overtly political (one could argue otherwise, but not at least on the face of it.) For that reason, it has been allowed to stand, even though it skirts the edges of politics, including in the covid-19 section.

I just want to caution everyone again about politics as opposed to trading information. The covid situation inspires strong feelings and strong views, but this forum is dedlicated to trading, and political issues do not have a place here. Since politics and the effects of the virus will impact the markets, there is a place for discussion of the possible impact it may have on markets, but not to express political opinions on either side.

With the election approaching and with covid having emerged as an important election issue, the no-politics stance of futures.io is doubly important.

Pure political expressions will be deleted as inappropriate. Posts that skirt politics will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, but adding to the political controversy is not the mission of this forum, and whether it does or not will be the basis for any decision.

There are plenty of places on the internet for politics, but this is not one of them. I hope everyone takes this to heart going forward.

Thanks.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

lemons 
Tallinn, Estonia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Trading: NAS100

bobwest View Post
... , but this forum is dedlicated to trading ...

Bob.

Please remove

Off-Topic (20 Viewing)
Anything not to do with trading. This forum is not moderated, but don't go too crazy

Last Updated on January 19, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts